You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Reality is overrated, mate. I prefer my Everton logic surreal - for example, I give you what Tony Abraham (good old Toffeeweb) thinks of their future:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Abrahams
15 Posted 04/03/2022 at 18:56:19
I think if Chelsea is worth £3 billion, then Everton must be worth at least £1 billion, maybe £1.25 billion, at a push?

Moshiri gets his £700 million back, and the other £500 million to finish the stadium, means that I’m staying positive, for the time being.

That’s if this war doesn’t really escalate, which doesn’t look like this is the case, right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, £1 billion. Until someone points out the reasons why Chelsea, and even Arsenal, have a better value than the Shite. Tony then doesn't even double down on his argument, but comes back with:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Abrahams
18 Posted 04/03/2022 at 19:18:21
You're probably right, Brian, but I wouldn't underestimate that getting to own Everton, with a brand new ground, on the banks of the Mersey, (also the gateway to America, by sea) for £1.2 Billion, would be a very good proposition for quite a few people?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Art in a Minute • René Magritte - The KAZoART Contemporary Art Blog

The fuck is he smokin'? A billion quid for everton? How does that work when they've said the stadium will cost £350m and recently in the Echo, saying it will be delivered on cost? Fucking dreaming lunatics the lot of them!

Relying on the 12th man should be enough.

They are going down.

FUCK THEM.

The Park End needs to wake up and put the knitting needles down and get behind the lads or they'll be going to Tory-filled places like Peterborough away next season
The Lower Bullens meffs have destroyed our full backs and cost us 11 goals from crosses this season. If we get relegated it’s mos def on them egg stained glue sniffers

What was mad to me was the praise Lampard was getting from the Sky bantz merchants. 

Playing on the front foot, taking the game to spurs etc as they're getting twatted 5 nil after 60 minites.. The fuck? They pressed for 5 minutes at the start of the game, conceded and crumbled. 

Towards the end when spurs had their feet up they had a couple of wayward shots and it began again. In between they'd been lumping it to Kevin-Clein up front. 

The case for relegation.

The table doesn't lie. They now expect to beat Wolves and unbeaten in 2022 Newcastle?

Shite players with no fight.

Signed shite players to go along the other shite players.

No PEDS.

BBC  summed it up, "are Everton too bad to stay up?"

They've gone.

I find I’m so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it is the excitement only a red man can feel, a red man on the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.I hope I can make it to Wembley again, I hope to see Hendos’ legs shake as he holds the PL in his hands, I hope the blue shite going down is as wonderful as it has been in my dreams. I hope……

• Upvote 7

31 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

The case for relegation.

The table doesn't lie. They now expect to beat Wolves and unbeaten in 2022 Newcastle?

No PEDS.

They've gone.

They'll stay up by the skin of their teeth! They should have gone in 94 and 98 (especially 98, that disallowed Bolton goal was a fucking travesty!), but they stayed up!

I won't believe they're down until they're in the bottom 3 after the last ball has been kicked!

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

The case for relegation.

No PEDS.

They've gone.

I still think they’ll win a couple of games and just scrape safety. Burnley, Watford, Norwich, Brentford and Leeds are all absolutely dire. 
Wolves and Newcastle games are big ones though.

18 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

The case for relegation.

No PEDS.

They've gone.

I still think they’ll win a couple of games and just scrape safety. Burnley, Watford, Norwich, Brentford and Leeds are all absolutely dire. 
Wolves and Newcastle games are big ones though.

10 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Reality is overrated, mate. I prefer my Everton logic surreal - for example, I give you what Tony Abraham (good old Toffeeweb) thinks of their future:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Abrahams
15 Posted 04/03/2022 at 18:56:19
I think if Chelsea is worth £3 billion, then Everton must be worth at least £1 billion, maybe £1.25 billion, at a push?

Moshiri gets his £700 million back, and the other £500 million to finish the stadium, means that I’m staying positive, for the time being.

That’s if this war doesn’t really escalate, which doesn’t look like this is the case, right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, £1 billion. Until someone points out the reasons why Chelsea, and even Arsenal, have a better value than the Shite. Tony then doesn't even double down on his argument, but comes back with:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Abrahams
18 Posted 04/03/2022 at 19:18:21
You're probably right, Brian, but I wouldn't underestimate that getting to own Everton, with a brand new ground, on the banks of the Mersey, (also the gateway to America, by sea) for £1.2 Billion, would be a very good proposition for quite a few people?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Art in a Minute • René Magritte - The KAZoART Contemporary Art Blog

Tony has never heard of those metal objects that fly through the sky taking millions of people around the world every day? 

• Upvote 1

I think Watford and Norwich are toast; they've both played 27 and have 19 and 17 points respectively. All the teams above them have more points from fewer games. Sadly it looks like Sportswashers II have bought their way out of trouble with 28 points from 26 games, and everyone above them already has 30-odd points. So that leaves four teams up for 18th: Leeds, Burnley, Everton and Brentford.

• Leeds have been in freefall recently but they've probably got the most upward potential seeing as they've just got a new manager in and they've also got a couple of key players still to come back in - they've really missed Bamford and Phillips. If Ted Lasso can arrest the slide (I thought they looked OK against Leicester) and then get those two back they've got a good chance of staying up.
  • Brentford aren't very good - possibly the weakest of the four on paper - but they've got points on the board at least and probably still have the most belief in what they're doing. Their players will still all pull together for Frank, they're capable of winning some games and Eriksen looks like he might give them a crucial lift.
  • Burnley don't score many and are more than a bit shit, and have games in hand rather than points on the board but they're by far the most experienced at this out of the four which has got to count for something. Weghorst looks like he's given them some cohesion up front and they don't fall to bits when they go behind.
  • Everton have the best team (by a distance) on paper but they're well short of the sum of their parts and their confidence is rock bottom. They've no experience of relegation fights with few to no players who've been in one, and their manager is a fucking wet wipe who's biggest achievement is yelling at Pep Lijnders.

They're not doomed yet, and there's still a chance they stay up on the shiteness of the competition, but they've got a lot going against them at the same time. At least Burnley, Leeds and Brentford's fans don't all absolutely fucking hate their own teams.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, Manny said:

I think Watford and Norwich are toast; they've both played 27 and have 19 and 17 points respectively. All the teams above them have more points from fewer games. Sadly it looks like Sportswashers II have bought their way out of trouble with 28 points from 26 games, and everyone above them already has 30-odd points. So that leaves four teams up for 18th: Leeds, Burnley, Everton and Brentford.

• Leeds have been in freefall recently but they've probably got the most upward potential seeing as they've just got a new manager in and they've also got a couple of key players still to come back in - they've really missed Bamford and Phillips. If Ted Lasso can arrest the slide (I thought they looked OK against Leicester) and then get those two back they've got a good chance of staying up.
  • Brentford aren't very good - possibly the weakest of the four on paper - but they've got points on the board at least and probably still have the most belief in what they're doing. Their players will still all pull together for Frank, they're capable of winning some games and Eriksen looks like he might give them a crucial lift.
  • Burnley don't score many and are more than a bit shit, and have games in hand rather than points on the board but they're by far the most experienced at this out of the four which has got to count for something. Weghorst looks like he's given them some cohesion up front and they don't fall to bits when they go behind.
  • Everton have the best team (by a distance) on paper but they're well short of the sum of their parts and their confidence is rock bottom. They've no experience of relegation fights with few to no players who've been in one, and their manager is a fucking wet wipe who's biggest achievement is yelling at Pep Lijnders.

They're not doomed yet, and there's still a chance they stay up on the shiteness of the competition, but they've got a lot going against them at the same time. At least Burnley, Leeds and Brentford's fans don't all absolutely fucking hate their own teams.

Agree with virtually all of this. My only reservation is that the Owl will probably cobble together some scoreless draws between now and May - perhaps not enough to get them out of trouble, but the Ev look so dire that I could still see them finishing below Watford. 
My bet is that Everton will stay out of the bottom three until the last game or two, perhaps even until the last half-hour of the season, but when results go against them they’ll never pull themselves out. And then they’ll blame everyone else. Forever. 

• Upvote 1

I don't see anyway they go down. They've played the fewest games of those around them and none of the teams from 15th down look in any type of form and just pick up random points within a load of losses. Like it or not they are better at home and have 7 home games left. I'm not saying they will comfortably stay out of it, but I think they'll just have enough - with having a slight advantage of more home games than away, having played fewer games, points on the board against those below them and the form of those about them not being anything special. They've 2 home games in the next week, if they lose both of them, I might feel differently, but right now I assume they'll just stay up. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't see anyway they go down. They've played the fewest games of those around them and none of the teams from 15th down look in any type of form and just pick up random points within a load of losses. Like it or not they are better at home and have 7 home games left. I'm not saying they will comfortably stay out of it, but I think they'll just have enough - with having a slight advantage of more home games than away, having played fewer games, points on the board against those below them and the form of those about them not being anything special. They've 2 home games in the next week, if they lose both of them, I might feel differently, but right now I assume they'll just stay up. 

Burnley were doing really well before the Chelsea game and by the accounts I read should have been 2 up at halftime in that one. They have a rearranged home game to play against Everton. Their fixtures look kind, they play all of the midtable bunch with nothing on the line and they have 3 handy points at Norwich. 

Leeds have a couple of players back and play 2 very winnable home games this week. Their fixtures are like Burnleys, games against the likes of Palace, Brighton, Wolves, Villa and Southampton. 

Brentford have 6 points on them, another 6 and Everton aren't catching them. Where they get the 6 is the question, 3 at Goodison probably negates the need for another 3.

• Upvote 1