You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

17 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Yerry Mina is out for 8-10 weeks with quad injury. Demarai Gray also out for Leeds game.

But every team gets injuries and you should just get on with it.

Remember when they were giving it Billy big bollocks about signing players from Barcelona, turned out rather well I think.

They buy players that no one else wants then find out why.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Remember when they were giving it Billy big bollocks about signing players from Barcelona, turned out rather well I think.

They buy players that no one else wants then find out why.

How many times have they taken Man Utd's hand-me-downs? Off the top of my head there's Tim Howard, Phil Neville, Morgan Schneiderlin, Wayne Rooney, Donny van de Beek and Louis Saha. Yet they never stop and think hey yanno if these guys are no longer/never were good enough for them maybe they're not going to get us to where we want to be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, deiseach said:

How many times have they taken Man Utd's hand-me-downs? Off the top of my head there's Tim Howard, Phil Neville, Morgan Schneiderlin, Wayne Rooney, Donny van de Beek and Louis Saha. Yet they never stop and think hey yanno if these guys are no longer/never were good enough for them maybe they're not going to get us to where we want to be.

Gibson 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, deiseach said:

They run through a cycle from Beast to booing in about a month.

Townsend is getting it now.

Grey is next and he is a one trick pony.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Gibson 

Cleverley. 

All their turds always went to Everton and Sunderland. The latter signed O'Shea, Brown, Richardson and Campbell. Probably several others I've forgotten. 

Problem United have now is that a lot of their shite used to be churned from the academy or was bought cheap. Who the fuck can afford to sign, and pay the wages of, the likes of Maguire, Fred, Bissaka, et al now? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Arf- https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/played-for-manchester-united-everton-9464111

From 2017, but I like the first bit. So basically Utd took their one and only world class prospect after he'd barely played for them, and in return gave them first dibs on the dross they didn't want and the former world class prospect when he was a washed out has-been. Dickheads.

The 9 Premier League players who moved DIRECTLY from Manchester United to Everton
Morgan Schneiderlin became the latest member of this club in January, and the road between Old Trafford and Goodison Park is a well-worn one

Whatever your club allegiances are, it must be great to play for Manchester United.

If the Red Devils sign you, you'd be dreaming of emulating some of the great players to have passed through Old Trafford over the years - George Best, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo and many more.

But then if it doesn't work out - and you're too good for Sunderland - then at least you know that Everton will more than likely make a move for you.

And you'll probably go.

Because nine players have made that particular move in the Premier League era, with mixed degrees of success.

Here they all are.

Andrei Kanchelskis - Moved in 1995

One of the first foreign stars of the Premier League era, flying Russian winger Kanchelskis won two league titles at United before being squeezed out of the team and joining Everton for a then club record £5m in 1995.

He shone at Goodison for two seasons - including a match-winning brace in a Merseyside derby - before leaving for Italy.

John O'Kane - Moved in 1998

You know? John O'Kane.

One of the less successful members of the Class of 92 (they don't tell you about those in the documentaries), the defender moved to Goodison in 1998 after a couple of first-team appearances.

He left a year later.

Jesper Blomqvist - Moved in 2001

The Swede started United's famous 1999 Champions League final, before being replaced by Teddy Sheringham and missing all the good bits.

Injury then completely decimated his next two seasons, before he attempted to resurrect his career at Everton in 2001.

It didn't last long.

Phil Neville - Moved in 2005

Neville the younger stepped out of brother Gary's shadow to move from United to Everton in 2005, and the two clubs were the only two he represented throughout his career.

Never quite able to match his older brother's consistency or his performances, that state of affairs has now carried on into his punditry career.

Tim Howard - Moved in 2006 (initially on loan, made permanent in 2007)

The big American goalkeeper had a decent spell at United, before becoming a hero at Goodison where he reached his peak.

He's forever remembered for being the USA's 'Secretary of Defense' at the 2014 World Cup - and the many, many memes that followed.

Louis Saha - Moved in 2008

Injuries severely hampered the French forward, who spent a surprisingly long five seasons at United before a four-year spell at Goodison.

Always a 'what might have been' type of player, he did at least manage 77 goals for the two clubs combined.

Darron Gibson - Moved in 2012

The Irishman always seemed destined to be one of those United players who'd end up at Sunderland, and while that could still happen eventually, for now he's still at Everton.

A decent player on his day, who made a instant impact at Goodison when he scored the winner against Manchester City early in his career there, he's another one who has been affected by injuries.

Tom Cleverley - Moved in 2015

Once the subject of petitions calling for him to be banned from playing for United and England (people are weird), it was obvious that midfielder Cleverley needed to leave Old Trafford when his progress ground to a halt.

Enter Everton, who snapped him up on a free last summer after a loan spell at Aston Villa.

Now on loan at Watford, look out for his Sunderland move in 2017.

Morgan Schneiderlin - Moved in 2017

The classy Frenchman rose through the divisions at Southampton, and after starring with them in the Premier League, he had seemed nailed on for a move to Arsenal at some point in his career.

Enter Louis van Gaal and United.

But after it never quite worked out for him at Old Trafford, he's now seeking to rebuild his career at Everton, and things are looking good.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Ha ha , Gibson actually went to Sunderland from Everton before finding his ideal work as a driving instructor.

I watched that Sunderand documentary and the only thing I remember about Gibson is him being filmed pissed out of his face being ridiculed by some of his own fans.

18 hours ago, Boss said:

I've said this for years, you could put as much money as you want into Everton's squad, but you can't change the fans. When you've got a fanbase that engages in non-stop negativity, moaning and finger-pointing then that will destroy anything that can be built.

Their fans would rather lose a game to stop us, than qualify for the Champions League. You can't do anything with a club like that. They are like Gollum from LOTR's. At a certain point, he's not salvageable as a human being anymore. Any semblance of what he once was has been corrupted by the ring. In Everton's case the ring is their obsession with us. 

Cant disagree with that.

Tbf if I was a bloo I'd hate liverpool,but their entire identity is based upon how much they despise us, even their most favourite song is about us.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Arf- https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/played-for-manchester-united-everton-9464111

From 2017, but I like the first bit. So basically Utd took their one and only world class prospect after he'd barely played for them, and in return gave them first dibs on the dross they didn't want and the former world class prospect when he was a washed out has-been. Dickheads.

Everton are like the containers by the bridge in I Robot where all the clapped out Robots are sent to live in obscurity by the big corporation (The Mancs) who then spunk more millions on newer Robots that end up malfunctioning. 

4syhhqpykytz-1.png

3 hours ago, deiseach said:

They've gone through a host of transfer strategies in the last few years:

1. Young players after a decent season in the Premier League - Pickford, Keane, Richarlison.

2. Young players performing well in the lower leagues - Lookman, Calvert Lewin.

3. Players who were standouts for lower-level clubs - Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Doucoure.

4. Elite club cast-offs - Kean, Gomes, Mina, Digne.

Every single one has been a failure. They have no idea what they're doing.

Some of my bloo mates have disowned me after they found out I was in the Bretford end, so I stopped sending them images of the typical wattsapp Rafa, fat Frank images and I've started sending them screen shots of their fixture list(the April-May run in is beautiful btw) and they've all blocked me. Apparently they can deal with the piss taking, but not the reality. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheSire said:

Jesper Blompkvist? (100% a typo obviously)

He wasn't good enough or fit enough for Man Utd, so naturally Alex Ferguson thought of Everton:

Everton have agreed a deal to sign Manchester United's forgotten winger Jesper Blomqvist.

And Toffees boss Walter Smith has revealed his surprise move for the Swedish midfielder came on the recommendation of Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson.

Blomqvist - out of contract at Old Trafford following two years of injury problems - will sign a deal at Goodison Park until the end of the season.

Smith told BBC Sport Online: "Alex phoned me to tell me the lad was now fit and available.

"He rated him highly, but obviously had to bring cover in to fill his position when he was out injured for such a while.

"But he still feels he has plenty of ability, and he is also a player I liked myself when I saw him in the past."

• Upvote 1