You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Why cant they go down? Sure, any team down the bottom could escape relegation if their form picked up but, there's a reason why those clubs are down there and it's because their form is consistently bad.

If they do get relegated they'll sell off the likes of pickford, richarlison and erm, who else? I read that that Kean they have out on loan at Juve is attracting the interest of PSG and talk of £30m was mentioned. Even without the parachute, they'll have some fresh money coming in from sales but with their track record, who knows what shite they'd buy?

Pickford, Richarlison, Calvert Lewin and Gray. The good thing is though that teams buying will have them over a barrel because they'll want to leave and the club will need to cut costs. 

They who do they buy or convince to drop down a division?

21 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Pickford, Richarlison, Calvert Lewin and Gray. The good thing is though that teams buying will have them over a barrel because they'll want to leave and the club will need to cut costs. 

They who do they buy or convince to drop down a division?

There's a good chance a number of their players have relegation clauses, anyway.

Mind you, given how much they overpay, they'll probably be stuck with dross on huge wages. 

I think Burnley could be the key. I see it being Watford, Norwich and one other. Newcastle look like they're turning things around and Leeds will probably just about have enough to stay out of trouble. If Burnley can go on one of those surprise runs they've managed every other season, where they suddenly pick up a load of wins at once, then Everton could be in big trouble as they looked like a team completely unprepared for a relegation scrap last night. The trouble is Burnley have only won 1 game all season. They've had a couple of hard fought draws in the past week but they need to start turning draws into wins now. Let's hope they do so (starting after we've played them on Sunday of course).  

They've got Leeds at the pit this weekend, that game is absolutely massive for them. If they win they probably trade places with them i.e. Leeds become the "haven't really pulled clear and form is tanking" team; lose and they're deep in the mire with Leeds and potentially Newcastle showing signs of life AND having points on the board on them.

Southampton afterwards and they'd better hope they take some decent points from these two games because they've then got Tottenham, Manchester City, West Ham and Manchester Utd in four of their next five games.

I wouldn't say they're doomed but they're in dogshit form with no confidence, a new manager with a proven track record in not being able to defend, and a fanbase that fucking hate them. About the only thing they've got going is that there are probably three teams with generally worse sides than them.

• Upvote 2

I think they’ll stay up but could see it being very close. They’ve got a fair few injuries to relatively important players. If they’re out for extended periods then they could dragged even further into things. 

I reckon Newcastle will eventually pull clear of the drop zone. I think Norwich will definitely drop. But, I’ve got a feeling that both Burnley and Watford might pick up a bit in the coming months. Burnley have played about 2 games in 3 months (might be a slight exaggeration). When they get a bit of a run of fixtures, I could see them eking out a few scrappy low scoring wins. I wouldn’t rule out the same from Watford either. It’s what Hodgson does. Makes teams solid, boring as fuck to watch, but difficult to break down. It depends how quickly he can do that at Watford and if they too can start getting some wins under their belt. 

I think Everton will probably be safe. But, I’m definitely not in the “no way they go down" category. They’re utterly abysmal and Lampard doesn’t seem the right type of appointment for a relegation dogfight. And, a lot of their squad don’t seem to have the character for such a fight. 

One things for certain, if they do go, I’ll absolutely piss myself laughing at their demise. 

5 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

I think they will get out of it, the spawny cunts. The thought of them getting relegated and having no parachute payments is just too much to get your hopes up over. As it would finish them off and just put them in a phantom zone of shitness. 

They would have to sell most of their squad but would only get buttons because most of the shithouses would want to leave and Everton would need to reduce their wage bill as its on 89% of their income.  The squad needs to be good enough to compete in a tough league. 

Sacking Lampard and his large amount of coaching staff would cost them a bit even though they will be on 2 year contracts at the end of the season. 

The stadium costs would cripple them and the other factor is that most clubs in the Championship actually get punished for FFP breaches like Sheffield Wednesday,  Derby and Birmingham. . 

If they were properly punished it would stop them coming straight back up or even better, get them relegated again. 

Say that again but slower...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I remember in the 90's when Forest had a half decent team and started badly, every month it was,  yeah nothing to worry about, they're too good to go down but their run continued and other teams pulled them into the fight.

Fingers crossed.

I was thinking exactly the same,  far to good to go down were Forest , yeah that worked out well didn't it .

7 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I was thinking exactly the same,  far to good to go down were Forest , yeah that worked out well didn't it .

Didn’t Blackburn get relegated a few years after winning the title too?? 

I don't see how people can say they can't go down. All their relegation rivals have picked up more points than them in the last 15 games. Their best players are out injured with no return date on the horizon. Their manager had a Champions League winning side in mid-table - which is unprecedented. On top of that, they couldn't have signed two players less suited to a relegation dogfight than Van Der Beek and Alli. Then you've got the situation with the fans, which is extremely toxic. It's a confluence of factors that puts them deep in the shit.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

I think they will get out of it, the spawny cunts. The thought of them getting relegated and having no parachute payments is just too much to get your hopes up over. As it would finish them off and just put them in a phantom zone of shitness. 

They would have to sell most of their squad but would only get buttons because most of the shithouses would want to leave and Everton would need to reduce their wage bill as its on 89% of their income.  The squad needs to be good enough to compete in a tough league. 

Sacking Lampard and his large amount of coaching staff would cost them a bit even though they will be on 2 year contracts at the end of the season. 

The stadium costs would cripple them and the other factor is that most clubs in the Championship actually get punished for FFP breaches like Sheffield Wednesday,  Derby and Birmingham. . 

If they were properly punished it would stop them coming straight back up or even better, get them relegated again. 

Not surprisingly, this is very easy to masturbate too. In fact, I'm typing this with one hand.

• Upvote 1