You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 27/06/2021 at 10:15, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This whole thing will be an unpleasant episode for the Bloos and will leave them trailing even further behind any half-decent team. As for Rafa, the inevitable abuse and sacking will be water off a duck's back and (as with Ancelotti) Everton won't even register on his CV.

The only person I feel sorry for is Montse. She won't be getting a new watch any time soon. 

Honestly, my powers of foresight are supernatural. Who on earth could have predicted this outcome?

I'm just off to buy some lottery tickets.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Just seen a post on a Facebook 80s footy page about their 1985 team and the usual shit started - blaming Liverpool for ruining their plan of world domination. 

They really think they were the best team of the 80s and that everything that has happened since is all because of the European ban.

There's no set of fans who live in the past as much as them. They idolise a fella who played for them nearly 100 years ago, go on about players who had two or three good seasons in the 60s and then just stop at 1985 blaming Liverpool for everything. 

I was watching ToffeeTV before, and a lad was on there talking about Martinez being a disaster. Martinez will take them down; the fans will lose the plot if they announce Martinez etc. Then he gets the question switched on him by the arl fella. "Well, who do you want then?" and he basically says, "give it to Dunc and see what happens".

Yeah, that's a great plan that. Just give a multi-million-pound football enterprise to a thug for the remainder of the season on a wing and a prayer. Every game can be filled with the pageantry of ferocious chest clapping, booing opposition redshite players, false handball claims, shots of the crowd with faces of contorted anger. What they're missing is Tom Davies summoning his best impression of the dogs of war between snaps of him dressing like a lampost. 

Just an idea here. How about getting somebody that has a fucking clue? Radical, I know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Everton are in the Man United zone, where every decision they make turns out stupid because the people running the club are completely clueless. There is almost no solution unless they change the board or luck out by hiring a genius. The Benitez thing was a new low even for them. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Christ, no wonder they started whinging about FFP. They're fucked.

But it's all a conspiracy against them by the powers that be with Liverpool pulling the strings in the background.

If they do get punished or docked points they won't look at the reasons why they'll just bleat on about the Super League 6 who never got punished.

10 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Just seen a post on a Facebook 80s footy page about their 1985 team and the usual shit started - blaming Liverpool for ruining their plan of world domination. 

They really think they were the best team of the 80s and that everything that has happened since is all because of the European ban.

There's no set of fans who live in the past as much as them. They idolise a fella who played for them nearly 100 years ago, go on about players who had two or three good seasons in the 60s and then just stop at 1985 blaming Liverpool for everything. 

It was a very good team tbf

Probally the best in my lifetime.

However some one needs to sit them down and explain to them,their current predicament Is down to events which happened over 30 years ago.

6 hours ago, Boss said:

I was watching ToffeeTV before, and a lad was on there talking about Martinez being a disaster. Martinez will take them down; the fans will lose the plot if they announce Martinez etc. Then he gets the question switched on him by the arl fella. "Well, who do you want then?" and he basically says, "give it to Dunc and see what happens".

Yeah, that's a great plan that. Just give a multi-million-pound football enterprise to a thug for the remainder of the season on a wing and a prayer. Every game can be filled with the pageantry of ferocious chest clapping, booing opposition redshite players, false handball claims, shots of the crowd with faces of contorted anger. What they're missing is Tom Davies summoning his best impression of the dogs of war between snaps of him dressing like a lampost. 

Just an idea here. How about getting somebody that has a fucking clue? Radical, I know.

He did well  on that little interim basis didnt he?I think that what they are basing it on

Quite surprised so many dont want Martinez considering well he has has done since escaping them

Gonna be a roony fergusson dream team for me

10 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

A fella who used to drink with my Dad always used to go on about Duncan McKenzie saying he was the best player he'd ever seen in an Everton shirt. He only played 2 sessons and fucked off to Chelsea. Said he was more skilful than Glenn Hoddle.

This fella also hates Kevin Keegan because he believed he was overrated and stopped McKenzie getting in the England team. He was that bitter he refused to watch England while Keegan was the manager at Euro 2000 refusing to go the pub with my Dad when all the others they drunk with went to watch it.  They are just mental.

Ah, the Other Dunk. The player who spent more time jumping over cars and throwing golf balls than he did making a difference on the pitch. He was made for Everton, and Everton was made for him.

Duncan McKenzie on throwing golf balls, hurdling Minis and NOT playing for  England | Daily Mail Online