You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

21 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Probably, too much to hope for. Just as I look at the top of the table and say "there's one team in a much stronger position than us", I look at the bottom and see a few in a much weaker position than them.

At both ends of the table, what I want is highly unlikely, although not yet impossible.

Yeah, even if Newcastle spend their way out of trouble, it would seem unlikely that would drag Everton into it - we need a bit of a Watford and Burnley miracle for that to change. 

I've honestly never known a fanbase that overrates their team's quality as much as Everton fans. They've got a few half-decent players plus a bunch of overpaid dross, largely comprised of cast-offs from bigger clubs. Yet to listen to some of these blues, you'd think it was a squad full of potential Ballon d'Or winners being held back by the manager.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I've honestly never known a fanbase that overrates their team's quality as much as Everton fans. They've got a few half-decent players plus a bunch of overpaid dross, largely comprised of cast-offs from bigger clubs. Yet to listen to some of these blues, you'd think it was a squad full of potential Ballon d'Or winners being held back by the manager.

And the powers that be, don't forget!

Amazon have shut down reviews on Ballague’s book. Only verified purchasers can review it, so Amazon have fucked them over because of unusual activity on the product. Shame, as I was about to leave a five star review about how it had made Evertonians cry.

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Amazon have shut down reviews on Ballague’s book. Only verified purchasers can review it, so Amazon have fucked them over because of unusual activity on the product. Shame, as I was about to leave a five star review about how it had made Evertonians cry.

Jeff Bezos trying to keep them down, the powers that be.

• Upvote 1

The powers that be seem to be turning a blind eye to their FFP. Need to make £35m before they can break even yet have just spent £27m on two full backs who will add to their large wage bill. 

They may sell Lucas Digne but they've put themselves in a position where he wants to leave and they will need to sell. Unless someone offers decent money for him or a team offers him CL football would he leave?. He will probably sit out his contract unless someone decent comes in for him. 

The rest of the league seem to be just under break even or can spend a lot of money, yet Everton are the only club who are breaching it year after year and by a distance. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They'll all buy it to leave a 1 star review. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Fucking redshite Amazon admin keeping the good blues down. 

Nil satis nisi Oprimeum

4 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The best thing about this post is that it could have been written at any time during the 11 years this thread has been going.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

The powers that be seem to be turning a blind eye to their FFP. Need to make £35m before they can break even yet have just spent £27m on two full backs who will add to their large wage bill. 

They may sell Lucas Digne but they've put themselves in a position where he wants to leave and they will need to sell. Unless someone offers decent money for him or a team offers him CL football would he leave?. He will probably sit out his contract unless someone decent comes in for him. 

The rest of the league seem to be just under break even or can spend a lot of money, yet Everton are the only club who are breaching it year after year and by a distance. 

They’re cheating but still can’t win. 

Snowball in hells chance they’ll go down.

But for Rafa to keep the job they need to win a handful of games in Jan and Feb, which is doable given their fixtures coming up.

I reckon they need circa 17 more points to stay up. If they haven’t got 12 more points by mid April (which they should easily get), the run in looks horrible for them, but they’ll scrap enough points out of it unfortunately 

3 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Long may it continue, because the longer it does the more spectacularly it is going to blow up in their face.

46 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Snowball in hells chance they’ll go down.

But for Rafa to keep the job they need to win a handful of games in Jan and Feb, which is doable given their fixtures coming up.

I reckon they need circa 17 more points to stay up. If they haven’t got 12 more points by mid April (which they should easily get), the run in looks horrible for them, but they’ll scrap enough points out of it unfortunately 

The really amusing part of it all is when they do win a few easyish games, their deluded fanbase will be talking about how they are gonna qualify for Europe and then next year build on that and finish top 4.....but then reality will set in again when they revert to type and finish 10th at best and the boos and 'get that fat kopite out' lark will start again.

• Like 1