You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 hours ago, Beno said:

Does The Shankly even have a car park?

Nope. You have to park in the car park next to the Marriott and La Tasca if you stay in the Shankly. So you cant just walk through. 

She posted a photo with Rod Stewart a couple of weeks ago when Gerrard left saying "We both had a good laugh at Rangers and the RS". 

10 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

This annoys me way more than her original tweet. Despite what they think, most Liverpool supporters aren't arsed when they hear Z cars or see the colour blue, not arsed at all. Most replies to her assertion that she changed the music simply questioned whether it happened in the first place - no one was angry or upset. This happens alot on Twitter. If someone gets called out on something they have said, instead of retracting or providing evidence, it suddenly becomes "bantz" or "don't cry". Fucking winds me right up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

This annoys me way more than her original tweet. Despite what they think, most Liverpool supporters aren't arsed when they hear Z cars or see the colour blue, not arsed at all. Most replies to her assertion that she changed the music simply questioned whether it happened in the first place - no one was angry or upset. This happens alot on Twitter. If someone gets called out on something they have said, instead of retracting or providing evidence, it suddenly becomes "bantz" or "don't cry". Fucking winds me right up.

Exactly why I avoid twitter. People tend to double down on their wrongness,horrendous views or stupidity as it gets them hits and attention.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Someone probably should have made a point that the blatant lies in the tweet questioned the validity of her relationship to Dixie Dean. I’m sure the bantz would have taken a different turn then.

11 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

They obviously think Z-Cars has some kind of kryptonite type powers over us, the fucking meffs. This in contrast to how they react to You'll Never Walk Alone, and its place in popular culture before and beyond Liverpool not making any difference to its context in how and when its played.

What is great about this point is despite ynwa having its place in popular culture, used around the world in sporting and non-sporting settings, literally everybody when they hear it thinks of Liverpool and Anfield. Z-cars? Well that's not even its name is it? I doubt may people anywhere in the world would associate it with EFC when they hear it and unless you're getting on a bit, not many would even remember the TV show it came from. 

11 hours ago, Anubis said:

Setting aside everything else, why on Earth would the Shankly Hotel have a cd with the z cars tune readily accessible? That alone makes it bullshit.

Well my first reaction was maybe someone just phoned her.

But more realistically, I would imagine as it's 2021, they may have a streaming service. Melanie Prentice is the guest relations director at the Dixie Dean hotel I believe. I know certainly those hotels used to be owned by the same people, so I assume they all wear the same black uniform, which is why she may have been mistaken as staff by a guest. Clearly she feels as a member of staff at the Dixie Dean, her job is to be just wild and cray-cray when she enters the shankly. 

Yours, Sherlock. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

But then she walked over to the car park and saw 25 Norwegians walking around with maps trying to get to Anfield. She told them to get on the wrong bus and they all ended up in New Brighton.

It's now so packed with Norwegians that it had to change its name to New Bergen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Someone probably should have made a point that the blatant lies in the tweet questioned the validity of her relationship to Dixie Dean. I’m sure the bantz would have taken a different turn then.

Nah. That would just be more proof that you're a Norwegian whose heads fell off. (Insert a row of cry-laugh emojis here.)

She just goes on the "best ignored" pile with all the other bellends who keep cropping up on this thread.

In my DJing days I did loads of weddings and plenty for Evertonians almost every one would ask for Z cars at some point in the evening,  I think it was a first dance for a few , strange I know it wouldn't have been my choice but horses for courses.  

I had my Nephew working with  me at the time a staunch Bitter who would obviously be over the moon if Z cars was requested but if it was YNWA then honestly he would fuck off into another part of the building were he couldn't hear it,  if the boot had been on the other foot I honestly wouldn't have been arsed .

32 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

In my DJing days I did loads of weddings and plenty for Evertonians almost every one would ask for Z cars at some point in the evening,  I think it was a first dance for a few , strange I know it wouldn't have been my choice but horses for courses.  

I had my Nephew working with  me at the time a staunch Bitter who would obviously be over the moon if Z cars was requested but if it was YNWA then honestly he would fuck off into another part of the building were he couldn't hear it,  if the boot had been on the other foot I honestly wouldn't have been arsed .

Should have sacked your nephew for walking off the job and been an complete mong. 

4 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Strangely he walked just before NYE saying he was skint but turning down one of the best paying nights off the year , Yeah I never understood it either .

He's a bloo. Logic and reasoning are not factors in decision making.

39 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

The Powers that be stopped them having more rooms and dominating the hotel industry. 

Hilton Satis Nisi Premier Inn.

7 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

What is great about this point is despite ynwa having its place in popular culture, used around the world in sporting and non-sporting settings, literally everybody when they hear it thinks of Liverpool and Anfield. Z-cars? Well that's not even its name is it? I doubt may people anywhere in the world would associate it with EFC when they hear it and unless you're getting on a bit, not many would even remember the TV show it came from. 

Well my first reaction was maybe someone just phoned her.

But more realistically, I would imagine as it's 2021, they may have a streaming service. Melanie Prentice is the guest relations director at the Dixie Dean hotel I believe. I know certainly those hotels used to be owned by the same people, so I assume they all wear the same black uniform, which is why she may have been mistaken as staff by a guest. Clearly she feels as a member of staff at the Dixie Dean, her job is to be just wild and cray-cray when she enters the shankly. 

Yours, Sherlock. 

I supply to that industry - music playlists that is. Unless they are using Spotify (or another domestic music service), then she wouldn't have been able to do that.

They'll be using Spotify the bad cheap meffs. And Spotify is unlicensed for business use.

• Upvote 1