You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

11 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Funny the way Liverpool weren't on sky and were on foreign channels that you had to specifically look for on the Internet. But loads of Evertonians managed to see every kick of the game. 

It was probably on in The Brick, with a free buffet and Leicester scarf thrown in.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Craig wants to bankrupt his club, their lasting memory being a sandpit at Bramley Moore. I’m in.

I love how, in one of the replies, they're convinced that Liverpool supporters are Tories. The same supporters who literally sang "Fuck the Tories" in the game last night.

Funnily enough, I know a few Everton supporters with some fairly right wing attitudes, so as usual there's probably a bit of projection going on.

41 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I love how, in one of the replies, they're convinced that Liverpool supporters are Tories. The same supporters who literally sang "Fuck the Tories" in the game last night.

Funnily enough, I know a few Everton supporters with some fairly right wing attitudes, so as usual there's probably a bit of projection going on.

And their chairman donating 98 grand to the Tory party too.

4 hours ago, Reckoner said:

F1D84133-E47D-42B9-A1A1-1478482B3354.png

"Love to know the reason".

A pound to a pinch of shit says he's seen a headline about the cancellation and hasn't even stopped to read the report - which will have said that Leeds swung a sickie - before deciding to publicly howl about derredshite. 

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

"Love to know the reason".

A pound to a pinch of shit says he's seen a headline about the cancellation and hasn't even stopped to read the report - which will have said that Leeds swung a sickie - before deciding to publicly howl about derredshite. 

That'll be because he was busy watching replays of Morton's tackle. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Quite clearly fishing. What a jabroni. 

F8ECE25F-791B-4FC2-8DAC-0DEA3087E4F6.png

Loads of stupidity in there, but I'm intrigued by "another trophyless season beckons".

• 3 points off the top of the Premier League

• knockout stages of the Champions League

• semifinal of the League Cup

• nice soft draw for the third round of the FA Cup

Basically, in each of the competitions we started, we are now pretty much where we would hope to be.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Loads of stupidity in there, but I'm intrigued by "another trophyless season beckons".

Basically, in each of the competitions we started, we are now pretty much where we would hope to be.

I always find it weird when no marks try and mock others by highlighting their own arguments with inaccuracy and inadequacies. "Another trophyless season"? Hmmm, they've had a trphyless season every year since 1995!

No doubt they'll say not so, we won some pre season Philadephia Cup or something 2 seasons ago. But, if they want to count that, what about the World Club Championship and Euro Super Cup?

I give up, I really do!

• Upvote 1

It's that strange paradox Everton fans seem to have of getting all offended if anyone accuses them of not being a big club but then getting all defensive and insisting they can't compete with the big clubs if their lack of recent trophies is brought up. I'm not sure how it can work both ways, but Evertonian logic seems to allow it somehow to enable them to make fun of clubs who do a lot better than them without ever having to reflect on why their own club does so badly.

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I always find it weird when no marks try and mock others by highlighting their own arguments with inaccuracy and inadequacies. "Another trophyless season"? Hmmm, they've had a trphyless season every year since 1995!

No doubt they'll say not so, we won some pre season Philadephia Cup or something 2 seasons ago. But, if they want to count that, what about the World Club Championship and Euro Super Cup?

I give up, I really do!

Klopp's "mediocre" record of "two" trophies in 5 years is better than Everton's total for 35 years.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

With the way things always backfire on them I might stick a quid on us winning the lot. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Klopp's "mediocre" record of "two" trophies in 5 years is better than Everton's total for 35 years.

That’s not true. They won the Florida Cup in the summer so that makes them the most recent trophy winners on Merseyside.