You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, index1000 said:

War zone?????? fucking hell

you are using the same logic as a fuckwit who says a woman deserves to be raped for wearing a short skirt and going out at night.

women get raped because there are rapists. it has nothing to do with what they wear. however if a woman chooses to mix with a known rapist, she shouldn't be too shocked if things go bad. what woman would choose to put hereself in that position? 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't have a strong opinion on Rafa because I was a kid when he managed us, but he's doing a horrendous job

He’s taken over a mid-table team who haven’t won anything in more than a quarter of a century. Out of 20 Premier League teams, he has spent the least of any of them this summer - the princely sum of £1.8million. For context, Watford are 19th on the list and spent 12 times that. Even shifting the club’s best-paid player of all time doesn’t appear to have won him any room to manoeuvre financially. 
They remain a mid-table team. Under these circumstances, I don’t think he’s done a horrendous job. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ron B said:

He’s taken over a mid-table team who haven’t won anything in more than a quarter of a century. Out of 20 Premier League teams, he has spent the least of any of them this summer - the princely sum of £1.8million. For context, Watford are 19th on the list and spent 12 times that. Even shifting the club’s best-paid player of all time doesn’t appear to have won him any room to manoeuvre financially. 
They remain a mid-table team. Under these circumstances, I don’t think he’s done a horrendous job. 

He's at the very bottom of the xG table which, while that doesn't say everything, it basically means they can't defend or attack. 

There's been mitigating circumstances, namely injuries, but they are playing awful. And not just the results. Plus, the sentiment around the club is awful. It usually is, but this is something else right now.

18 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's at the very bottom of the xG table which, while that doesn't say everything, it basically means they can't defend or attack. 

There's been mitigating circumstances, namely injuries, but they are playing awful. And not just the results. Plus, the sentiment around the club is awful. It usually is, but this is something else right now.

I don't think you can pin their shit results on Rafa, unless you think another manager would do better with those shit players. It's only the roll-end remnants that he signed in the summer who have done any good at all.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Everton Twitter think Richarlison has been forced to say this at gunpoint. I shit you not.

How do you write Evertonians so well? Melvin Udall: I think of a football supporter, and I take away reason and accountability.” ― Melvin Udall played by Jack Nicholson in AS GOOD AS IT GETS.

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I don't think you can pin their shit results on Rafa, unless you think another manager would do better with those shit players. It's only the roll-end remnants that he signed in the summer who have done any good at all.

I think frankly almost any other manager would do better right now and also importantly, their fans would like almost anybody more. 

What he did this summer was fine but the football has been absolutely horrific. It might get better when they get some of their best players back fit, but they'll still hate him and it won't be enough.

17 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think frankly almost any other manager would do better right now and also importantly, their fans would like almost anybody more. 

What he did this summer was fine but the football has been absolutely horrific. It might get better when they get some of their best players back fit, but they'll still hate him and it won't be enough.

I’m quite confident that

•Rafa will gradually improve them
•They're broke (in more than one sense) so there is a very definite ceiling on how far they’ll improve
•When he does leave, they will appoint a far inferior manager
•That inferior manager will so far worse than he does. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Ron B said:

I’m quite confident that

•They're broke (in more than one sense) so there is a very definite ceiling on how far they’ll improve

That last part, to do "far worse" the next guy would have to relegate them. Or leave then consistently close to the relgation zone. I don't think that will happen. 

It's very easy to blame Rafa, because he's the man in the firing line at the moment, but given their rationale for judging rank and quality, presumably, Ancelotti, with 3 European Cups is at least 3 times better than Rafa, with only 1, and that's even before Rafa's spell with us is taken into account.

Rafa has only been there since the start of the season, and for obvious reasons, was and is always going to be running into the wind, uphill. Ancelotti was there for a season and a half, and it must be asked, what style or identity did he attempt to implement, and if it was worthy of such a successful manager, was any attempt made by the owners to continue what he had started? The answer to both is no. Ancelotti did fuck all, and that was highlighted by a recent comment he made, a thinly veiled jibe referring to it being 'better to have a Ferrari than a Fiat 500'. He couldn't get out of there quick enough and has shown his contempt and lack of respect for them with that remark. It's not unwarranted nor untrue, it must be said.

But now he's gone and given his history, it's all too easy to focus on that and forget that the man before him, their great white hope and saviour when he signed, did nothing when he was there and has mocked them since.

1 hour ago, Ron B said:

I’m quite confident that

When you say an inferior manager will do worse..what are you basing that on?

1 hour ago, Ron B said:

I’m quite confident that

You his agent?

16 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

When you say an inferior manager will do worse..what are you basing that on?

They will appoint a worse manager because they can no longer appoint someone like Ancellotti with the promise of “We’ll give you loads of cash, and even pay your son loads to pretend he’s your assistant.” They’re flat broke. Benitez is the best they can get - someone who knows the Prem, has a reason to work locally, and can win the Champions League with Djimi Traore. He is their ceiling. 
They’re also heading towards a Villa/Sunderland death cycle, where they’ve not only been spending money they haven’t got very badly, but they have been rattling through managerial appointments apparently at random. There were arguments for and against appointing Benitez, but all the For arguments were at least based on a hard-nosed lack of sentiment. Now they’re talking about Rooney/Ferguson, moves that are based solely on sentiment of what they did many years ago. Personally I’d be delighted to see Ferguson get the job; I also believe with complete confidence that he would do worse than the current incumbent if he was given any management job in the Premier League. 

2 hours ago, Ron B said:

Add to that being without his only real consistent goal threat for 13 of 16 games

44 minutes ago, Ron B said:

They will appoint a worse manager because they can no longer appoint someone like Ancellotti with the promise of “We’ll give you loads of cash, and even pay your son loads to pretend he’s your assistant.” They’re flat broke. Benitez is the best they can get - someone who knows the Prem, has a reason to work locally, and can win the Champions League with Djimi Traore. He is their ceiling. 
They’re also heading towards a Villa/Sunderland death cycle, where they’ve not only been spending money they haven’t got very badly, but they have been rattling through managerial appointments apparently at random. There were arguments for and against appointing Benitez, but all the For arguments were at least based on a hard-nosed lack of sentiment. Now they’re talking about Rooney/Ferguson, moves that are based solely on sentiment of what they did many years ago. Personally I’d be delighted to see Ferguson get the job; I also believe with complete confidence that he would do worse than the current incumbent if he was given any management job in the Premier League. 

They could appoint a young manager and give him time(which is what they should have done in the first place tbf)though The chances of that lot giving a manager time, are quite remote.

I find the notion that rafa Benitez is a better manager than potentially any one out there,to be a little strange.

Obviously a ferguson/Rooney dream ticket would be ideal but I cant see it happening sadly.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Well that’s a coincidence because I couldn’t really pin Istanbul on him either.  I think that was brilliant individuals playing brilliantly and us getting a whole ton of luck. Works both ways.