You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 13/12/2021 at 14:46, Barrington Womble said:

He might not be stressed. He might be stressed. I couldn't give a fuck either way. Anything that will happen to him (and potentially his family) is on him. He knows they're fucking mental, he went there anyway. 

As for his family are settled on the Wirral, he didn't give too much of a fuck about that when he went to China. In fact he comes across going there as a bloke who tried to get as far away from his family as he can. Before Everton, the only English club he was at after us was at Newcastle which is one of the most difficult premier league sides to travel back to the Wirral.  I suspect he went to Everton because they were offering him a salary he thought he couldn't match elsewhere. I've no problem with that, good on him in fact. But that salary came with dealing with them. I can't have any sympathy for him for that. 

Anything that happens to his family for managing a football team is 100% NOT on him. Never heard so much fucking shite in my life.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

I've been wracking my brains trying to consider what the biggest footballing threat to Liverpool is that Everton are capable of. The best I can come up with is, of the top teams we are probably the only ones they won't buy our dregs off for an over inflated fee.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, index1000 said:

Anything that happens to his family for managing a football team is 100% NOT on him. Never heard so much fucking shite in my life.

Of course it's on him. They're fucking mental and he knows it. It doesn't excuse them, but it's like saying I'd take my kids to a war zone so they can soak up the atmosphere. Him going there was going to end this way unless they were successful. As he hasn't won a thing in years, they haven't for 26,  they're skint and they were never going to give him a fair crack of the whip, then it would seem it inevitable that the conclusion of this job at some point would bring out at least one of their dickheads. The verbal abuse of one of his daughters on social media has already begun. We all knew that would happen before he took the job, I'm sure he did too. So it's on him. 

Everything we do in life is about measuring risk, be that driving a car, crossing a road or whatever. It includes taking a job that is likely to bring unstable people to your doorstep. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

39 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Of course it's on him. They're fucking mental and he knows it. It doesn't excuse them, but it's like saying I'd take my kids to a war zone so they can soak up the atmosphere. Him going there was going to end this way unless they were successful. As he hasn't won a thing in years, they haven't for 26,  they're skint and they were never going to give him a fair crack of the whip, then it would seem it inevitable that the conclusion of this job at some point would bring out at least one of their dickheads. The verbal abuse of one of his daughters on social media has already begun. We all knew that would happen before he took the job, I'm sure he did too. So it's on him. 

Everything we do in life is about measuring risk, be that driving a car, crossing a road or whatever. It includes taking a job that is likely to bring unstable people to your doorstep. 

As bad as the blues are, they're not exactly known for attacking managers family, are they? It's hardly expected, and if something like that were to happen, only a fucking lunatic would blame Rafa.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

As bad as the blues are, they're not exactly known for attacking managers family, are they? It's hardly expected, and if something like that were to happen, only a fucking lunatic would blame Rafa.

Actually they are. I'm sure there's plenty on here who can remember more than me. But they gave koeman a dog's life on social media (where his daughter is having to deal with them now) for having red fucking baubles on his Christmas tree. They sent death threat to Nick Barmby. As I say, there'll be loads I can't remember, but they're fucking nuts and were putting threatening messages of "we know where you live" before he even signed for them. The fact they didn't know where he lived shows just how fucking mental they are. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Actually they are. I'm sure there's plenty on here who can remember more than me. But they gave koeman a dog's life on social media (where his daughter is having to deal with them now) for having red fucking baubles on his Christmas tree. They sent death threat to Nick Barmby. As I say, there'll be loads I can't remember, but they're fucking nuts and were putting threatening messages of "we know where you live" before he even signed for them. The fact they didn't know where he lived shows just how fucking mental they are. 

Death threats will come from every fan base. As shite as it is, the internet has given every loon a communication channel to their scapegoats and anonymity.

They are a far cry from someone's family being attacked.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Death threats will come from every fan base. As shite as it is, the internet has given every loon a communication channel to their scapegoats and anonymity.

They came to his street before he joined to leave messages threatening him. It's a job. What right minded person takes a job under those circumstances? 

Saying Rafa must accept responsibility for possible attacks on his family or home is like saying a girl going out for a night out dressed how she wants to dress, is asking for it when she gets assaulted by some fucking loon who think they can justify it by what she was wearing.

Class and Dignity FC are all too fond of playing the man rather than the ball, and some don't know where to draw the line. In any circumstances, as in the example above, personal or family attacks are the sole responsibility of the perpetrator, not the victim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

They torched a coach of a rival team

No one Is saying rafa is responsible for his family getting threatened but if he didn't know what he was walking into,he is extremely myopic. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Of course it's on him. They're fucking mental and he knows it. It doesn't excuse them, but it's like saying I'd take my kids to a war zone so they can soak up the atmosphere. Him going there was going to end this way unless they were successful. As he hasn't won a thing in years, they haven't for 26,  they're skint and they were never going to give him a fair crack of the whip, then it would seem it inevitable that the conclusion of this job at some point would bring out at least one of their dickheads. The verbal abuse of one of his daughters on social media has already begun. We all knew that would happen before he took the job, I'm sure he did too. So it's on him

Rubbish.

Tbf to him when that stunt happened it did buy rafa some good will,as the more sensible of them,thought it was a cunts trick.

However he did the same at Chelsea. 

He walked into a club where the fanbase openly despised him,so I cant see how any one can express shock,when it all ends in tears.

The distinction must be made between getting dogs' abuse from a fanbase, or two fanbases, given his spell at Chelsea, and crossing the line into threatening or attacking a manager's personal space/family. Rafa is thick-skinned and man enough to handle insults and abuse from fans who will never like him. He's known for removing emotion from a situation and just dealing with the 'cold hard facts'. He knew beforehand he was going to be despised, insulted and blamed at every opportunity at both clubs, but he didn't and doesn't care about that. He deals with it professionally as he should be expected to do, and he is paid handsomely to do so, whatever his brief and terms were on taking on the job.

A different example, is the barracking and harassment of a politician at their family home, instead of their constituency office. It's a very different scene to target someone's home or family for something they do as part of their job. There should be no association or risk for their family or anything outside the setting where they work.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

A different example, is the barracking and harassment of a politician at their family home, instead of their constituency office. It's a very different scene to target someone's home or family for something they do as part of their job. There should be no association or risk for their family or anything outside the setting where they work.

Obviously agree that people's homes should not be targetted , but not sure there is much similar in voting to cut poor peoples benefits , and substituting Richarlison.

8 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

The distinction must be made between getting dogs' abuse from a fanbase, or two fanbases, given his spell at Chelsea, and crossing the line into threatening or attacking a manager's personal space/family. Rafa is thick-skinned and man enough to handle insults and abuse from fans who will never like him. He's known for removing emotion from a situation and just dealing with the 'cold hard facts'. He knew beforehand he was going to be despised, insulted and blamed at every opportunity at both clubs, but he didn't and doesn't care about that. He deals with it professionally as he should be expected to do, and he is paid handsomely to do so, whatever his brief and terms were on taking on the job.

You're right there should be no risk, I don't dispute that. But there is a risk. When you measure risk you don't eliminate all the bits you don't think should happen. They are absolutely part of the equation. 

20 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Ah nope thats nonsense mate. 

So you think he should ignore the risk because it shouldn't happen? As I have said in other posts, it doesn't excuse their behaviour, but it is an obvious risk that you choose to take if you're him taking that job. 

Anyway, I've said all this enough times now, so that'll be the last I'll say on it. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So you think he should ignore the risk because it shouldn't happen? As I have said in other posts, it doesn't excuse their behaviour, but it is an obvious risk that you choose to take if you're him taking that job. 

Anyway, I've said all this enough times now, so that'll be the last I'll say on it. 

So if you go for a walk in the centre of a city and get stabbed to death, this is ‘on you’. You should know that there is a risk of that happening, even if there shouldn’t be. Great logic.

2 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

So if you go for a walk in the centre of a city and get stabbed to death, this is ‘on you’. You should know that there is a risk of that happening, even if there shouldn’t be. Great logic.

Think more like the scene from Die Hard with a Vengeance and the sandiwch board.

it’s not your fault if you get stabbed in town minding your own business and taking ordinary precautions you would normally take, but you deliberately place yourself in harms way, then it’s a lot more on you.