You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I'm just watching "the box Xmas hits" ( the wife's got it on) shakin Stevens has come on Merry Christmas Everyone I could stop laughing the missus asked what's up with you? I said there's evertonians watching this somewhere scrambling for the remote to turn over....... We've ruined their Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, deiseach said:

I remember thinking when Koeman was sacked that they'd come to regret it, that they'd never land a name as big again. And the size of a name absolutely matters. "Ronald Koeman is on the phone" v "Marco Silva is on the phone". Not only that, you look at your bench as a fan and seeing a football heavyweight there, well, it gives you nice warm feeling in your giblets and isn't that what following a team is meant to do? With all of that in mind, Everton manage to get not one but two other football heavyweights to rock up to Goodison, yet they're still dragging them down to the level of featherweights.

Stench is right.

Yeah they  have had a few decent managers but as soon as they have a bad run,they jettison them.

I remember they were all fuming about koeman because he didnt buy into the everton way.Presumably this meant he didnt blame liverpool every 5 mins.

The constant nerry go round of managers has fucked them though.

Even they are not that insane to get rid of s manager who has had barely anything to spend and less than 6 months in the job.

However even if he does stay,when he does go they will be back to square 1 as he wont really build for the future.

They should have got a young manager in and give him time like arsenal are doing with arteta,but that wont happen there.A few bad results and they will be calling for his head

Though tbf to them most of the anger seems to be directed at the board and not rafa.

• Upvote 1

Their ire has blamed everyone and everything for 30+ years now, and for many, continually trying to qualify their failure has eventually landed at the feet of a board who have spent in excess of half a billion pounds to get them success.
Many don’t want gradual improvement, like much of the world, it has to be now, today, although some of the more level headed (there are a few!) would accept that after what has gone before.

When the board go, as they will unless, by chance, they land on the golden ticket, the more rabid ones will be left with the only thing they haven’t blamed in 30 years. 

I expect we all know many blues, most of who, football apart, are sound. My belief is that many of them are having the realisation dawn that actually it isn’t everyone else, it isn’t the powers that be, it isn’t even us. 
It’s themselves, and it’s a hard thing to swallow for them. 
Benitez will go, another will take over and it may work out, but let’s be honest, United have had the same approach since Ferguson left, but they have much more money to waste to get it right and they’re still looking.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

If they sack Rafa, it's only because he can no longer perform the act of human shield to the owners. It's nothing to do with results, because if it was a completely results driven appointment, then they'd have never hired him as their fans were never going to create an environment where he could succeed. So getting mourinho, even if he is a busted flush, would buy the owners a little more time. I'm not entirely sure what game Moshiri is on, but I assume his current objective is to buy time, maintain PL status until he sorts out the finances, as I'm guessing his spare cash has gone at this point. 

images(14).jpg

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Their ire has blamed everyone and everything for 30+ years now, and for many, continually trying to qualify their failure has eventually landed at the feet of a board who have spent in excess of half a billion pounds to get them success.
Many don’t want gradual improvement, like much of the world, it has to be now, today, although some of the more level headed (there are a few!) would accept that after what has gone before.

When the board go, as they will unless, by chance, they land on the golden ticket, the more rabid ones will be left with the only thing they haven’t blamed in 30 years. 

I expect we all know many blues, most of who, football apart, are sound. My belief is that many of them are having the realisation dawn that actually it isn’t everyone else, it isn’t the powers that be, it isn’t even us. 
It’s themselves, and it’s a hard thing to swallow for them. 
Benitez will go, another will take over and it may work out, but let’s be honest, United have had the same approach since Ferguson left, but they have much more money to waste to get it right and they’re still looking.

Their board must have been loving the fact their fans are obsessed with Liverpool and everything we do because it’s taken the heat off them. That’s why they’ve never condemned their fans for their heysel jibes because the more they blame heysel for ruining them, the more their board can get away with. Seems like they’ve finally woken up to their shit board now though. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Einch said:

Thought these kind of protests were kopite behaviour?

One blue I used to work with was always having a go about our "whiney" fanbase about H&G, ticket prices and hounding out Hodgson as well as Rodgers. 

Said you should just go to the game and support the team. Bit hard when two people are running the club into the ground or you think £77 is too much to watch an average side play Sunderland. 

I'd be interested to see what he thinks now about his own club. 

1 hour ago, angie said:

Their board must have been loving the fact their fans are obsessed with Liverpool and everything we do because it’s taken the heat off them. That’s why they’ve never condemned their fans for their heysel jibes because the more they blame heysel for ruining them, the more their board can get away with. Seems like they’ve finally woken up to their shit board now though. 

It was like that when Moyes was there. Moyes mentioned Heysel completely out of the blue in one of his press conferences at a time that they had no money. The sense of resentment from there grew even further because Moyes basically said in a roundabout way "we are shite and skint because of Heysel and you know who caused that".

Add in all the stupid soundbites like Born not Manufactured, 1=20, the People's Club, We go the game etc that the club reinforces to make out that they are some legion of superfans who are better than Kopites. 

Every AGM they have mentions Liverpool but the board always refer to us as "the team across the park" because they are too bitter to refer to us by our proper name. 

Even the new stadium is about our heads falling off. It couldn't have just been a new stadium in Garston, by the East Lancs or another site in the city that would probably cost half of the one they have chosen, its got to be the biggest, best and in a prime waterfront location (with virtually no transport links) simply for their fans to feel that they've got one over on us and constantly bombard the local media about it. 

The board were pathetic when they released a statement about the Super League. No other club bothered apart from them, simply because it was Liverpool who were one of the clubs involved. They decided to be outraged on everyone's behalf just to manipulate their fans into looking at Liverpool as the problem. 

• Upvote 9

It says it all about them as a fan base, when they slated Koeman for having red baubles on his Xmas tree?? What the fucks that about it borders on the crips in L.A the wouldn't pronounce anything with "B" in it because it was the first letter of the bloods madness.. 

Anyway there shit were not fucking marvelous and long may it continue.

Add in as well with the stadium, they've had a few little digs about us running the area and them doing everything the right way. Even though they've dithered over the stadium for over 20 years and let Walton run down.

Meanwhile Liverpool have spent money developing the area around the stadium and worked with the council to improve things.

15 hours ago, sir roger said:

Reports they want Mourinho if Rafa goes. Pass me the popcorn.

They want 'Mourinho, Lid'.

5 hours ago, Aventus said:

Organised mass walkout at 27 minutes, for 27 years. 

Oh Everton, we're all laughing at you. 

Turdsy did a funny...

image.png

• Upvote 5