You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

17 minutes ago, stringvest said:

He knows that football is a job and he is a professional football manager.  He’d manage United if they asked him, and there’d be absolutely nothing wrong with that.  While fans are chewing shoulders and bursting blood vessels, he’s earning big thousands a week and sleeping soundly.  He’s an adult in a world of overgrown children.  While I’m never going to be Benitez’s biggest fan, I find it strange that fans apply their own reasoning - which by default is going to be ropey - to understand managers’ motives. 

Fans can be so precious, seen something on Twitter by one of the main LFC sites asking the question ‘has Suarez ruined his legacy?’ Wtf? For being a winner, celebrating ….in a CL Semi & being a right fucking nuisance, all the things we used to love him for. He’s a professional playing in one of the biggest games of his life, he owed us fuck. The uproar he caused from some of our fans was embarrassing. Sensitive little souls. 

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

They might be a cunt club and they might not appreciate him, but the blueshite have got one of the classiest men in football managing them.

Rafa Benitez has been involved in a childrens charity called OLLY which helps grieving children who have lost loved ones through acts of murder or violence and through culpable road death and deprivation.

Today, Rafa and Montse donated a static caravan to the charity at Rhyl so these kids can have some sort of holiday.

He might be their manager now, but he'll always be one of us.

Apologies for the balloons.

0_OWR_LECH_021121_OLLY_02jpeg.jpg

Superb.

22 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

No need to apologise for the balloons, we're not arsed what colour they are.

Absolutely.

3 hours ago, stringvest said:

He knows that football is a job and he is a professional football manager.  He’d manage United if they asked him, and there’d be absolutely nothing wrong with that.  While fans are chewing shoulders and bursting blood vessels, he’s earning big thousands a week and sleeping soundly.  He’s an adult in a world of overgrown children.  While I’m never going to be Benitez’s biggest fan, I find it strange that fans apply their own reasoning - which by default is going to be ropey - to understand managers’ motives. 

I think people project onto rafa stuff that simply.didnt happen.

He does seem to be oblivious to outside factors though,like when we went to Chelsea.

Powers. That. Be.

At least the Atleti fans can console themselves with some free mini sausage rolls and cheddar cheese and  pineapple on a stick at the Brick. They’ll just have to take their red and white shirts off to get in.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, stringvest said:

But you've also just applied your own reasoning. 

30 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Surprised it took five days for the wheel of fury to land on Dr Who

A house doesn't have to have been destroyed to have not been there for him to go into it in that episode, but it has been destroyed.*

*Awaits Trumo turning up with a much better version of that. 

• Upvote 1