You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

48 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Grand Old Team - the legend that is davek:

Salah: never produced in a big game.

Ronaldo: always produces in a big game.

3-1 for United.

The day the Liverpool title credentials get found out.

One title in 31 years.

There's a reason for that...the Establishment's club are never as good as they like to claim they are....despite all the "world class" players they say they have.

And their obnoxious pet Manc:

Come on United lets do these vermin today , always the victims its never their fault

The knowledge that beauts like them are hurting badly brings a smile to my face.

• Upvote 3

Ha ha, gold medal mental gymnast…………..

ToffeeDan

Player Valuation: £70m
They won a champions league 3 years ago and the league 2. They are one of the best teams in Europe. To not admit that is you doing what you do best . Chatting absolute wham to try and act like you know it All
Yep granted they are good, we can see that- but still no one ever gets their share of good fortune. You only have to look at the Rankings in the 2 CL seasons they reached the final/won. They fluked their way from Pot 3 as 22nd best team on Rankings) into a group with lowest ranked opponents from each of the other Pots (Sevilla, Some farmers from Slovenia) and scraped out of the group stage and got an easy ride to the final in the first season before Ramos and Bale sorted them out. Then they miracled their way into Pot 2 thanks to about 5 underdog wins by other teams in the qualifiers and followed it up with a load of teams falling apart (I'll give them the Barca 4-0 comeback).. Spurs!! Yeah right, lads, It's Spurs, and, if they needed it, a gift of a penalty in the 2nd minute that only they would be awarded thanks to a fluke armball that "hit the hand". Not only was it scarcely a penalty but how many of those get given in the opening moments?

And, just for good measure, who could forget Gerrard's Tom Daley impression that helped them scrape into the next stage, the dubious peno in the comeback in 2005, The Ghost Goal v Chelsea. The Rule Changes for 2006.

So when one little "slip" comes along it's barely compensation for all their good luck and kind refereeing calls.

11 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Grand Old Team - the legend that is davek:

Salah: never produced in a big game.

Ronaldo: always produces in a big game.

3-1 for United.

The day the Liverpool title credentials get found out.

One title in 31 years.

There's a reason for that...the Establishment's club are never as good as they like to claim they are....despite all the "world class" players they say they have.

And their obnoxious pet Manc:

Come on United lets do these vermin today , always the victims its never their fault

The Establishment club deary fucking me.

SYP and the Tories say hello Davek you big fucking weirdo cry baby. Why doesn’t this cunt just give footy a wide birth. Prick.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Ha ha, gold medal mental gymnast…………..

ToffeeDan

Player Valuation: £70m
They won a champions league 3 years ago and the league 2. They are one of the best teams in Europe. To not admit that is you doing what you do best . Chatting absolute wham to try and act like you know it All
Yep granted they are good, we can see that- but still no one ever gets their share of good fortune. You only have to look at the Rankings in the 2 CL seasons they reached the final/won. They fluked their way from Pot 3 as 22nd best team on Rankings) into a group with lowest ranked opponents from each of the other Pots (Sevilla, Some farmers from Slovenia) and scraped out of the group stage and got an easy ride to the final in the first season before Ramos and Bale sorted them out. Then they miracled their way into Pot 2 thanks to about 5 underdog wins by other teams in the qualifiers and followed it up with a load of teams falling apart (I'll give them the Barca 4-0 comeback).. Spurs!! Yeah right, lads, It's Spurs, and, if they needed it, a gift of a penalty in the 2nd minute that only they would be awarded thanks to a fluke armball that "hit the hand". Not only was it scarcely a penalty but how many of those get given in the opening moments?

And, just for good measure, who could forget Gerrard's Tom Daley impression that helped them scrape into the next stage, the dubious peno in the comeback in 2005, The Ghost Goal v Chelsea. The Rule Changes for 2006.

So when one little "slip" comes along it's barely compensation for all their good luck and kind refereeing calls.

That's some run of luck in a competition they can't even qualify for. I wonder if he does that level of analysis on opponents for their solitary European success? University College Dublin anyone? Fortuna Sittard?

Tremendous new addition to the cast of GOT. Born, not manufactured. Or one of you lot. The 'Hunt For The Top Four' thread.

Boston Blue Sox

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Hi, all. An annoying yank toffee, here. I'm relatively new to following football and I'm even newer to supporting Everton. I don't have the bruises you all do; I haven't lived the anguish, I haven't experienced the heartache, and I haven't spent decades desperate to see this club win a trophy once more. In light of that, I certainly understand why you would be skeptical of anything I suggest on this forum (I sure as hell would be skeptical of any of your takes about the World Series). But I also think that new blood can be good. A new perspective can be good. Fandom that's not weighed down by the failures of the past can be good.

So with that said, let me ask you all one question: can Everton really not finish in the top four this year?

I started following Everton last season. Baseball was over and COVID had delayed the start of the NBA. I despise American football and I had enough English friends that I already had a working knowledge of the Premier League so I figured I'd finally dive in. Desperate for a team, I latched on to Everton for two reasons:

(1) They weren't the RS. As a Red Sox fan disgusted by John Henry's ownership after the team traded its best player in generations for money, I wanted no part of the RS. Knowing that Everton was their chief rival was enough for me to be interested.

And...

(2) Everton looked damn good to me. This club was/is filled with exciting young players. The club was/is managed by one of the respected football minds in the world. The club was/is earning impressive results (if not mixed in with frustration). It looked like a fun club, a promising club, and I wanted in.

Well, it's a year later and the club still looks promising and fun to me. And now I look at the table and I can't help but think: why not us?

Yes, the Watford match was [Poor language removed] brutal. But as far as I can see, the fourth spot is wide open. United is a mess and they're about to undergo a managerial change. Spurs have a negative goal differential. Leicester, Arsenal, and Wolves look formidable but flawed. Brentford is due to fade. We've already beaten Brighton, and we could've beaten the Hammers with a full squad.

I'm sure I'm a little on the naive side of the river, but I also see no reason to give up on a top four spot at this point. In fact, with United reeling and Newcastle still a couple of years away from being able to flex the financial muscles, this might be the best chance we have to slip into the Champions. And then once we're there and we get a slice of that TV money, who knows how long we can stick around?

I'm sure this team is flawed in ways that I, as a football novice, still can't see quite clearly. But I can see the table pretty [Poor language removed] clearly, and it tells me that we've got a chance.

Tell me I'm wrong.

10 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Tremendous new addition to the cast of GOT. Born, not manufactured. Or one of you lot. The 'Hunt For The Top Four' thread.

Boston Blue Sox

Hi, all. An annoying yank toffee, here. I'm relatively new to following football and I'm even newer to supporting Everton. I don't have the bruises you all do; I haven't lived the anguish, I haven't experienced the heartache, and I haven't spent decades desperate to see this club win a trophy once more. In light of that, I certainly understand why you would be skeptical of anything I suggest on this forum (I sure as hell would be skeptical of any of your takes about the World Series). But I also think that new blood can be good. A new perspective can be good. Fandom that's not weighed down by the failures of the past can be good.

So with that said, let me ask you all one question: can Everton really not finish in the top four this year?

I started following Everton last season. Baseball was over and COVID had delayed the start of the NBA. I despise American football and I had enough English friends that I already had a working knowledge of the Premier League so I figured I'd finally dive in. Desperate for a team, I latched on to Everton for two reasons:

(1) They weren't the RS. As a Red Sox fan disgusted by John Henry's ownership after the team traded its best player in generations for money, I wanted no part of the RS. Knowing that Everton was their chief rival was enough for me to be interested.

And...

(2) Everton looked damn good to me. This club was/is filled with exciting young players. The club was/is managed by one of the respected football minds in the world. The club was/is earning impressive results (if not mixed in with frustration). It looked like a fun club, a promising club, and I wanted in.

Well, it's a year later and the club still looks promising and fun to me. And now I look at the table and I can't help but think: why not us?

Yes, the Watford match was [Poor language removed] brutal. But as far as I can see, the fourth spot is wide open. United is a mess and they're about to undergo a managerial change. Spurs have a negative goal differential. Leicester, Arsenal, and Wolves look formidable but flawed. Brentford is due to fade. We've already beaten Brighton, and we could've beaten the Hammers with a full squad.

I'm sure I'm a little on the naive side of the river, but I also see no reason to give up on a top four spot at this point. In fact, with United reeling and Newcastle still a couple of years away from being able to flex the financial muscles, this might be the best chance we have to slip into the Champions. And then once we're there and we get a slice of that TV money, who knows how long we can stick around?

I'm sure this team is flawed in ways that I, as a football novice, still can't see quite clearly. But I can see the table pretty [Poor language removed] clearly, and it tells me that we've got a chance.

Tell me I'm wrong.

You're wrong you thick cunt.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Boston Blue Sox

And...

Tell me I'm wrong.

This smells like a Red on a wind up?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Boston Blue Sox

And...

Tell me I'm wrong.

Leicester, Arsenal, and Wolves look formidable. Eeerm, yeah right. Deffo a Red on a wind up.