You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

It is weird the way they keep pressing ahead with such a ridiculously expensive project. 

They would need to host events like Spurs (big fights, large concerts and even NFL). There's only so many of these events to go around every year though. 

You can see with LFC it's not that easy. I think we can have something like 10 per year, but all I've heard of for next year in the book is Elton John. I know they were going to put a fight on there before lockdown and the promoter said we were twice the price of Wembley (can't remember the fight now), so maybe that plays a part and a new stadium will be easier (so cheaper ) to host non-football events. 

2 hours ago, Red74 said:

You can see why no one wanted to lend them money to build the unicorn. But on the other hand, what the fuck were the council doing handing over £45m to them the other week. There’s no chance we’re ever gonna get the £30m back that was “loaned” to them.

Cough *corruption* cough.

2 hours ago, JagSquared said:

They are clearly fucked, it’s a good job rafa is there and if he goes then there’s really nothing stopping them slipping into the abyss.

richarlison will be off in the summer he’s their only saleable asset.

To be honest, Im surprised he didnt push for a move in the last window. I'd be really surprised if he was still there next season but there again, he's not a top tier striker so wont be attracting the interest from the likes of Real Barcelona, Bayern, PSG etc especially for the money the shite are supposed to be looking for, getting on for over £100m last I heard.

I think he'll probably go for £50m, £60m tops.

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

It is weird the way they keep pressing ahead with such a ridiculously expensive project. 

They would need to host events like Spurs (big fights, large concerts and even NFL). There's only so many of these events to go around every year though. 

The ARE development cost has increased £20m since the original plans were announced. The unicorn stadium price has stayed the same, according to them, at £350m for 4+ years now.

They are kidding themselves it will come in at less than £500m, probably edging £600m. If it does get built, they'll just be tennants again because they'll be well bankrupted before time comes to move in.

I asked a bluenose mate if he really thought the stadium would be built for less than £500m. Absolutely, he said. You're fucking deluded, I said!

12 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Cough *corruption* cough.

To be honest, Im surprised he didnt push for a move in the last window. I'd be really surprised if he was still there next season but there again, he's not a top tier striker so wont be attracting the interest from the likes of Real Barcelona, Bayern, PSG etc especially for the money the shite are supposed to be looking for, getting on for over £100m last I heard.

I think he'll probably go for £50m, £60m tops.

The ARE development cost has increased £20m since the original plans were announced. The unicorn stadium price has stayed the same, according to them, at £350m for 4+ years now.

They are kidding themselves it will come in at less than £500m, probably edging £600m. If it does get built, they'll just be tennants again because they'll be well bankrupted before time comes to move in.

I asked a bluenose mate if he really thought the stadium would be built for less than £500m. Absolutely, he said. You're fucking deluded, I said!

Richarlison may go to Newcastle but they will probably only get what they paid for him.

The stadium will easily cost around £600m. In March 2022 it will be six years since they announced it yet they have done nothing on it. There's a couple of diggers and small cranes about but that's about it. Virtually every project in Liverpool gets delayed and there's barely any joined up thinking or progress going on. Most projects that are delayed end up massively over budget, even Spurs ended up £200m+ over budget with their stadium. 

I'm sure with the location and heritage bods there will be more issues and delays.

I know it’s as dubious as they come with this rat bastard but Richard “keysie” keys put out the other week that the chat in the Middle East is that they’re up for sale for £500m with £500m guaranteed funding for the unicorn in place. 

There’s no one taking these on at that price the way they lose money with the will to take them forward. Hope to see a charlatan take them on and run them into the ground via a complex money laundering scheme

22 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Like the £700k they “borrowed” from the council for works that still hasn’t been paid back

Just looked at that. It was a consultancy firm that the council paid £700k to. That was in 2019 and despite Chippy Tits insisting that Everton pay back the money,  nothing has been paid back. 

Also got a skint council to buy Finch Farm for £13m in 2013. Of course the deal was announced that could bring an income of "tens of millions of pounds". Despite it being a training ground in Halewood there doesn't seem to be much value in it for anyone apart from Everton. 

Also the £15m grant for the new stadium and the £30m loan which they probably won't pay back.

£18.7m for the Coronaviris interruption loan scheme. 

23 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Hope they go bust, the horrible cunts 

26 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I know it’s as dubious as they come with this rat bastard but Richard “keysie” keys put out the other week that the chat in the Middle East is that they’re up for sale for £500m with £500m guaranteed funding for the unicorn in place. 

There’s no one taking these on at that price the way they lose money with the will to take them forward. Hope to see a charlatan take them on and run them into the ground via a complex money laundering scheme

Didn't Newcastle go for 300m? And they don't have to build a ground. I would suggest the market price is set right there. And they're not in the financial mess Everton are. I have said all along, there's too much H&G about this whole Moshiri and uncle uzzie shit. Except it would appear they've not got the advantage of Moshiri needing to go back to the financial markets for refunding. Ultimately that's what saved us with H&G - what the fuck happens to them if Moshiri stops the spending and can't sell up? 

I fear for them, I really do.