You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Burnley fans singing “in your Liverpool slums” which is fucking ironic in itself but surprised Everton aren’t joining in with them as they spend all day on Twitter loving that shout 

Have those Burnley fans ever been to Burnley?. Fucking hell. 

Can remember playing footy there once and there was some factory not far from the pitch which spewed out tons of smoke, it was early September but felt like mid January. All the streets looked like a 1950s Warbutons advert. The locals watching the game all wore cutting edge fashion like fisherman's jumpers and wellies. One of the lads girlfriends came to watch us and one of the locals used his amazing Roger Moore chat up line of "D'yer shag???". He was baffled when it never worked.

A couple of sheep escaped from a nearby field and ran on our pitch. Seen dogs invade the pitch before but never sheep. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

Burnley fans singing “in your Liverpool slums” which is fucking ironic in itself but surprised Everton aren’t joining in with them as they spend all day on Twitter loving that shout 

Was it definitely that? I thought they sung it at Anfield this season too, but it was actually their "Lancashire Homes" song. 

"In our Lancashire homes,

We speak with an accent exceedingly rare,

the longside of Burnley will always be here,

in our Lancashire homes."

In other news, this must've been taken on a super-duper people's mobile phone and not one of them there highly unacceptable iPad devices that those horrid Norwegians take to Anfield. 

Screenshot_20210913_234744.jpg

18 hours ago, Stickman said:

And of course one Liverpool fan (who had about 5 followers and has since deleted his account) sending out a shitty tweet means we must all be like that 

And naturally within minutes it gets back to their favourite subject

Must have been Stronts' twitter account that one.

Just when you thought some of them couldn't get any more psychotic... You see threads like this....

https://members.boardhost.com/everton-forum/thread/1631470238.html

Here's just a couple of snippets from it...... And they call us "victims"

Re: Asking the Leeds chairmen about his thoughts on what happened

Posted by adi_dasslerinvisible.gifuser_silhouette.png on September 12, 2021, 7:27 pm, in reply to "Re: Asking the Leeds chairmen about his thoughts on what happened"

When this kind of horrible thing happens to a Liverpool player, such as a bad injury, and everyone goes nuts and loses all grip on reality, I find myself thinking…

“But is this because I’m a blinkered Everton fan, and I’m being bitter in my questioning of the hysteria on behalf of the Liverpool player. If it was an Everton player what would I think?”

Then I remember Andre Gomes’ injury, and the fact that nobody gave a shiny shite about him, in relative terms, when compared to the outpourings of sympathy and clamour to defend the lovely, smiley, caring character of Son.

See also the fact that they showed angle after angle of Gomes’ injury. Newspapers using the still image on their back pages complete with zoomed, cropped pictures of his anguished face. Yet this Harvey Elliot one is a total blackout because of how distressing it is.

Son’s red got rescinded by the way. Completely unprecedented that. Bet this Leeds lad’s doesn’t.

Then I realise it’s not my bias. It genuinely is the case that, different standards get upheld when it’s Everton.

Posted by Babyface_Omipaloneinvisible.gifuser_silhouette.png on September 13, 2021, 12:04 am, in reply to "Re: Asking the Leeds chairmen about his thoughts on what happened"

"I hate the whole victim mentality thing that gets trotted out in terms of scousers, but it only applies to them."

Almost every negative perception of this city can be traced back to that shower. Remember the aftermath of Heysel? who did ther rest of the country blame for it? "The Scousers" - not Liverpool FC fans - "The Scousers". The whole city tarred with the same brush

29 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Just when you thought some of them couldn't get any more psychotic... You see threads like this....

https://members.boardhost.com/everton-forum/thread/1631470238.html

Here's just a couple of snippets from it...... And they call us "victims"

Posted by adi_dasslerinvisible.gifuser_silhouette.png on September 12, 2021, 7:27 pm, in reply to "Re: Asking the Leeds chairmen about his thoughts on what happened"

When this kind of horrible thing happens to a Liverpool player, such as a bad injury, and everyone goes nuts and loses all grip on reality, I find myself thinking…

“But is this because I’m a blinkered Everton fan, and I’m being bitter in my questioning of the hysteria on behalf of the Liverpool player. If it was an Everton player what would I think?”

Then I remember Andre Gomes’ injury, and the fact that nobody gave a shiny shite about him, in relative terms, when compared to the outpourings of sympathy and clamour to defend the lovely, smiley, caring character of Son.

See also the fact that they showed angle after angle of Gomes’ injury. Newspapers using the still image on their back pages complete with zoomed, cropped pictures of his anguished face. Yet this Harvey Elliot one is a total blackout because of how distressing it is.

Son’s red got rescinded by the way. Completely unprecedented that. Bet this Leeds lad’s doesn’t.

Then I realise it’s not my bias. It genuinely is the case that, different standards get upheld when it’s Everton.

Posted by Babyface_Omipaloneinvisible.gifuser_silhouette.png on September 13, 2021, 12:04 am, in reply to "Re: Asking the Leeds chairmen about his thoughts on what happened"

"I hate the whole victim mentality thing that gets trotted out in terms of scousers, but it only applies to them."

Almost every negative perception of this city can be traced back to that shower. Remember the aftermath of Heysel? who did ther rest of the country blame for it? "The Scousers" - not Liverpool FC fans - "The Scousers". The whole city tarred with the same brush

Ah yes, the Gomes incident, where they were up in arms because of the sympathy shown to the perpetrator, Son. Yet they keep going on and on (even now) about "poor" Pickford suffering mental health issues after putting Van Dijk out for the season.  

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
Yeah - Cracking lad, just misunderstood i'm sure

Comes across as an abusive male, and a racist. Genuine shame his leg didnt fall off. Utter scum like him shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets without being in fear. Hopefully someone snaps his leg properly if he ever comes back.

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Hello there to all you rawk lurkers. Benitez is doing a great job for us. He is a very valued and cherished member of our Everton family.;)

And the thing is, hes fully embraced it hasnt he? Happily drives a blue car, talks about coming home when he got here, seems very happy and relaxed here. It's almost like he resents Liverpool and their fickle supporters are all the abuse they gave him at the back end of his spell, where they drove him out.

45 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:
catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Hello there to all you rawk lurkers. Benitez is doing a great job for us. He is a very valued and cherished member of our Everton family.;)

And the thing is, hes fully embraced it hasnt he? Happily drives a blue car, talks about coming home when he got here, seems very happy and relaxed here. It's almost like he resents Liverpool and their fickle supporters are all the abuse they gave him at the back end of his spell, where they drove him out.

Deluded.  Only way to describe him. 

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Happily drives a blue car? Haha, fucking hell, give a contract extension on that alone.

Imagine.

All joking aside if he wins at Villa and gets an Everton tattoo then doubling his wages would be a serious option.

won a few games have they?!

messymascot

Player Valuation: £30m
I think you could actually make a case that if you did a combined 11 we might actually have 6 players in it.
CB Godfrey
LB Digne
CM Doucoure
CM Gomes
ST Calvert-Lewin
LW Gray
I know some of these could be argued and that's based on both teams playing 4-3-3. I think Allan is better than Gomes but he is competing with Fabinho whereas Gomes is competing with Henderson. On current form they could argue Robertson is edging Digne but we could say the same about Pickford over Allison. If we can keep players fit it might be us that knocks them out the top 4.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

messymascot

I think you could actually make a case that if you did a combined 11 we might actually have 6 players in it.
CB Godfrey
LB Digne
CM Doucoure
CM Gomes
ST Calvert-Lewin
LW Gray
I know some of these could be argued and that's based on both teams playing 4-3-3. I think Allan is better than Gomes but he is competing with Fabinho whereas Gomes is competing with Henderson. On current form they could argue Robertson is edging Digne but we could say the same about Pickford over Allison. If we can keep players fit it might be us that knocks them out the top 4.

Here we go getting ahead of themselves yet again they never ever learn do they .

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:
catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Drives a blue car - hahahaha!

We drove him out eh? Nothing like what happened to poor Red Ron and his Christmas tree. Most deluded set of weirdos going. They call us the cult - this from a fan base who trot out the exact same things as each other almost to the letter. You hear one of the new sound bites from one of them, and just know you’ll be hearing it from them all within weeks. Absolute fucking barm pots

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

messymascot

CB Godfrey
LB Digne
CM Doucoure
CM Gomes
ST Calvert-Lewin
LW Gray

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

They never ever fucking learn. 

Anyone who says they need to win a trophy to stop being bitter needs to realise they are just as bad if not worse when they have the slightest bit of success. Success as in winning a few games against mediocre opposition.