You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

12 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Anfield was already built before they moved into it as they played on a field off Stanley Park. 

They moved into it when it was basically just a field with a few shelters dotted around it. 

They didn't buy it and were eventually kicked out because they refused to pay rent.

But they defo owned Anfield and defo built a stadium similar to the one that stands there now before going off and building another one. 

Imagine Evertonians in real life arguing with their landlords saying they owned the flat or house that they rent and then go round telling everyone that they built it after they got evicted. 

I went to Egypt once, I remember building those pyramids me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 07/10/2019 at 20:03, Karl_b said:

"Ground" works is a generous term. It's reclaiming land and a massive unknown, of course it's fucking expensive and not an obvious place for building on. Idiots.

On 07/10/2019 at 20:01, Captain Turdseye said:

img-20191007-wa0011-jpg.68230

The same snippet, from nearly two years ago.

I haven't changed my original opinion, it's an insanely expensive project and will likely never happen.

• Upvote 1

I love the way they still bandy about that the cost of the stadium has stayed the original costing which was £500 million in 2016….I’d love things to have stayed the same price from 5 years ago.

An example is Wembley which was originally mooted as £328 million in 2000 . When it was eventually completed and opened 7 years later those costs had risen to just short of a billion quid, and this was at a time when the economy was doing much better and we weren’t coming out of a global pandemic .

I hope they build it go bust and Tranmere move into it …So that’ll be *three stadiums they’ve built and won’t be in any of them 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I love the way they still bandy about that the cost of the stadium has stayed the original costing which was £500 million in 2016….I’d love things to have stayed the same price from 5 years ago.

An example is Wembley which was originally mooted as £328 million in 2000 . When it was eventually completed and opened 7 years later those costs had risen to just short of a billion quid, and this was at a time when the economy was doing much better and we weren’t coming out of a global pandemic .

I hope they build it go bust and Tranmere move into it …So that’ll be *three stadiums they’ve built and won’t be in any of them 

Tottenham went over budget by a few hundred million as well. I wonder if Real Madrid's stadium renovation will completely fuck them up as well. If you look at drawn out infrastructure projects like crossrail and HS2 their cost or projected costs have completely spiralled out of control. 

I just don't get why they haven't cracked on with it and have just been bleating on about it for 5 years without doing anything. Most other smaller clubs have build new grounds, especially London clubs who have had to purchase land in one of the most expensive cities in the world and pay higher wages. 

Everton have literally done nothing apart from talking about it, releasing press statements, public consultations and getting tied up in heritage concerns. There has never been any details about how they will pay for it apart from trying to cadge off the council. 

Meanwhile they are getting into more debt staying in their decaying stadium and paying high wages to shit players they've spent a fortune on. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Got loads of bites from my comment about Collina on Facebook.

All the blues are adamant that he was paid off to stop everton getting into the CL. The reason for this is because UEFA didn't want 5 English teams in the CL. 

This of course is all gospel despite Collina never taking any bribes and there being no logical reason why UEFA didn't want 5 English teams in it. After all isn't the CL all about keeping the teams from the big leagues in it at all costs?. I'm sure 5 English teams would get better viewing figures than if Skonto Riga or Hjk Helsinki qualified. 

Also they still can't work out the aggregate score as a 2-2 draw in Villareal would have seen them dumped out because they lost the first leg 2-1. They really are thick as fuck. 

Go on admit it you looked that fucking Skonto Riga team up didn't you

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The waited ages because they hoped a blue nosed major would somehow get the Commonwealth games and get the City to pay for it

The fucking cheek of them going on about Furlough FC when they wanted to blag a cheap loan off the council because their owner who pays fuck all tax in the UK wanted a lower loan rate than a Chinese bank. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Tottenham went over budget by a few hundred million as well. I wonder if Real Madrid's stadium renovation will completely fuck them up as well. If you look at drawn out infrastructure projects like crossrail and HS2 their cost or projected costs have completely spiralled out of control. 

I just don't get why they haven't cracked on with it and have just been bleating on about it for 5 years without doing anything. Most other smaller clubs have build new grounds, especially London clubs who have had to purchase land in one of the most expensive cities in the world and pay higher wages. 

Everton have literally done nothing apart from talking about it, releasing press statements, public consultations and getting tied up in heritage concerns. There has never been any details about how they will pay for it apart from trying to cadge off the council. 

Meanwhile they are getting into more debt staying in their decaying stadium and paying high wages to shit players they've spent a fortune on. 

Even AFC Wimbledon have managed to buy land in one of the most expensive areas of London, get planning permission (late 2017) and finish their stadium in that time.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/looking-back-at-wimbledons-former-home-plough-lane/

Tourist Club: Redshite behaviour

Winning on penalties: Redshite behaviour

Do they not realise they risk creating 'manufactured' fans if  all those millions of Yanks start supporting them following their Disneyworld Cup success? That would be just Goofy on their part.

28 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Wonder out of the 2/3k how many where local Colombian Americans who won't give two shits about them once Rodrieguez  leaves

It was in Florida, they were probably the newfound nonce contingent having a day off from cruising Disneyland with their spy cams.