Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

15 hours ago, Poster said:

Which is why I said, didn't take long. I expected it but not so soon. 

No mention of the financial restraints from paying back the huge loan to build it, or how they're going to get all those middle aged men to say the extra for adult tickets. Where the extra season ticket holder's are coming from and why any player would sign because of a new stadium. 

They're going to love him at this rate, he certainly knows his audience. 

Let’s be honest, as much as I like Rafa, it’s clear that he’s a pretty good politician and that requires a certain aptitude for the art of bullshit. I don’t think it’s coincidence that he is disproportionately deified both here and at Newcastle by certain portions of the fanbases.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I do wonder whether that helmet has ever actually met a Reds fan.

I'm guessing no.

If he'd ever met a Liverpool fan and came across like he does online he'd have had the living shit kicked out of him so you are probably right.

6 hours ago, KMD7 said:

This. I remember our home game against West Brom and Woy in particular near the end of the season. We fucking battered them for around 80 minutes and just couldn't find the back of the net and then they went up and scored with probablytheir first attack.

I remember that one vividly 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Let’s be honest, as much as I like Rafa, it’s clear that he’s a pretty good politician and that requires a certain aptitude for the art of bullshit. I don’t think it’s coincidence that he is disproportionately deified both here and at Newcastle by certain portions of the fanbases.

Agree with this completely .

I think in his last year the fan base was split over him and thus perhaps helped cause it.

7 hours ago, KMD7 said:

This. I remember our home game against West Brom and Woy in particular near the end of the season. We fucking battered them for around 80 minutes and just couldn't find the back of the net and then they went up and scored with probablytheir first attack.

I think that was the match that epitomised our season, when a shot had Ben Foster totally beaten, but while he was mid-air it hit the bar, then bounced off his back and still stayed out. I've literally never seen anything like it. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Arniepie said:

I still think that season is grossly underrated.

One freak season by Suarez plus the ban.Take those 2 away we would have easily finished in the top 4 and that decision to get rid of Kenny would have been a lot harder. 

I remember the Arsenal game at home which we lost 1-2 when we hit the post three times Kuyt had a penalty saved and even after battering them it still took an own goal for us to eventually score.

They had two shots on target from Van Persie and won the game which was par for the course that season I think after that game on March 3rd we’d hit the post 21 times.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

I remember the Arsenal game at home which we lost 1-2 when we hit the post three times Kuyt had a penalty saved and even after battering them it still took an own goal for us to eventually score.

They had two shots on target from Van Persie and won the game which was par for the course that season I think after that game on March 3rd we’d hit the post 21 times.

I saw David Johnson on the way out of the ground after that match. I asked him if he still had his boots. He just shrugged, disconsolately.

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

I think if we would have won that game we would have went 4th.

Wasnt there a stat that we hit the woodwork a record amount of times?

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

I reckon it was the Suarez episode. 

That definitely didn’t help! 

But Downing, Carroll and Adam were all fucking shite and they cost a bomb combined. 

If he’s putting forward more names like that (can’t remember the names off the top of my head but they were all completely underwhelming) then you could see their reluctance. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

I reckon it was the Suarez episode. 

But Downing, Carroll and Adam were all fucking shite and they cost a bomb combined. 

If he’s putting forward more names like that (can’t remember the names off the top of my head but they were all completely underwhelming) then you could see their reluctance. 

38 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I’m convinced it was the signings (and names he put forward as future signings) that cost Kenny his job. 

I don't think they ever wanted him as manager beyond the six months. They gave him the job as they knew it would go down well. They hoped he would be okay but nothing more and could step aside. He found a system that worked really well and rightly deserved the job long term (they couldn't have possibly pulled the plug then).

Then as soon as we had a poor league finish they ignored the cups, which they didn't give a fuck about anyway, ignored the context of absurd bad luck re hitting the post so much etc, and binned him off.

Admittedly those signings didn't help. It's so disappointing that Kenny didn't just build on the system that had worked so well for the first six months. However, he wasn't helped by most of our forwards - Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, not having much left in them by that point. 

15 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Kenny wasn't solely responsible for signings though Commoli was the main man (and that is why he lost his job). And while Carrol was shite (and my understanding of that is it was pretty much on Kenny because shearer had told him and comolli he was the real deal), there was a Suarez - who Kenny had been scouting when he was in his previous role. I think not getting top 4 and the Suarez thing is what cost him, but if we'd have finished 4th and won the fa cup, I reckon they'd have still sacked him because of the Suarez t-shirt thing.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I don't think they ever wanted him as manager beyond the six months. They gave him the job as they knew it would go down well. They hoped he would be okay but nothing more and could step aside. He found a system that worked really well and rightly deserved the job long term (they couldn't have possibly pulled the plug then).

Then as soon as we had a poor league finish they ignored the cups, which they didn't give a fuck about anyway, ignored the context of absurd bad luck re hitting the post so much etc, and binned him off.

Admittedly those signings didn't help. It's so disappointing that Kenny didn't just build on the system that had worked so well for the first six months. However, he wasn't helped by most of our forwards - Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, not having much left in them by that point. 

Yeah, that’s all fair points too. 

We were playing great, fluid attacking football and then he tried recreating Blackburn MkII and it went to shit. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Yeah, that’s all fair points too. 

We were playing great, fluid attacking football and then he tried recreating Blackburn MkII and it went to shit. 

Didnt he have Shearer and sutton at Blackburn?

The strange thing about Carroll was that he had never really gone for that type of striker before.

I'll always defend Kenmys 2nd reign but the one thing I'll never get was why he didnt start him in that cup final.He had a proper purple patch at that time and changed the game when he came on.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Comillli was the dof.Without a shadow of a doubt he played an integral role in who we bought.

And if Kenny gets the shit for downing and co,he gets the credit for Suarez and Henderson.

• Upvote 1

Carrol changed hat cup final when he came on. He was a powerhouse. Shame he was shite for the most of his games. Out of his 6 goals for us, 2 came against City, one against the shite in the semi and one in the cup final (the second was in but disallowed). Piss head. 

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

He was a fucking waster. Easily the worst signing in our history. 

I hated the cunt. 

There were countless worse signings 

The fee was ridiculous because of what we got for Suarez. 

He had all the attributes to be a great player..shame he was a piss head.