Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/it-change-everything-rafa-benitez-21055434

And Benitez, who was appointed as Everton's new boss last month, has admitted that he has thought about leading his side out at their new home for the first time.

He remarked: "Yes I’ve thought about leading Everton out at the new stadium - I’d be really pleased because it would mean we are doing well and we have been a success.

"I think for the club and the fans as well it is a massive, massive situation - we will go to the new stadium and it will change everything.

"In terms of the stature of the club and in terms of the perception from outside and in terms of the revenue you can get from that, and it would be great opportunity to have the chance to be there, for the players and myself - and I would be so pleased.

"Hopefully it would be good news for everyone because it would mean we are winning."

Didn't take him long. 

7 minutes ago, Poster said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/it-change-everything-rafa-benitez-21055434

And Benitez, who was appointed as Everton's new boss last month, has admitted that he has thought about leading his side out at their new home for the first time.

He remarked: "Yes I’ve thought about leading Everton out at the new stadium - I’d be really pleased because it would mean we are doing well and we have been a success.

"I think for the club and the fans as well it is a massive, massive situation - we will go to the new stadium and it will change everything.

"In terms of the stature of the club and in terms of the perception from outside and in terms of the revenue you can get from that, and it would be great opportunity to have the chance to be there, for the players and myself - and I would be so pleased.

"Hopefully it would be good news for everyone because it would mean we are winning."

Didn't take him long. 

Given how despised he is by a majority of them he's not going to come out and say new stadium? Fuck off that'll never happen is he? 

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Given how despised he is by a majority of them he's not going to come out and say new stadium? Fuck off that'll never happen is he? 

No but he isn't daft enough to believe what he's saying. But he's saying it. 

Just like Carlo having a go at the European Super League clubs and then running off to join the main instigators of it. 

34 minutes ago, Poster said:

No but he isn't daft enough to believe what he's saying. But he's saying it. 

Just like Carlo having a go at the European Super League clubs and then running off to join the main instigators of it. 

Playing to his audience isn't he? Playing his role. 
Any just words. 

Just now, Pete said:

Playing to his audience isn't he? Playing his role. 
Any just words. 

Which is why I said, didn't take long. I expected it but not so soon. 

No mention of the financial restraints from paying back the huge loan to build it, or how they're going to get all those middle aged men to say the extra for adult tickets. Where the extra season ticket holder's are coming from and why any player would sign because of a new stadium. 

They're going to love him at this rate, he certainly knows his audience. 

45 minutes ago, Poster said:

Which is why I said, didn't take long. I expected it but not so soon. 

No mention of the financial restraints from paying back the huge loan to build it, or how they're going to get all those middle aged men to say the extra for adult tickets. Where the extra season ticket holder's are coming from and why any player would sign because of a new stadium. 

They're going to love him at this rate, he certainly knows his audience. 

To be fair, none of those things are his concern - he is there to coach the team.

Rafa is pragmatic and will say what he has to say 

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
There's some proper bet wetting going on from these now that FSG have run out of money to spend. Apparently they want "the worst owners in the history of football" (as one of them described them) out. Quite funny to see their tears really.

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
I see FSG are leaking that they are skint.

And 90% of reds are urinating their pants about it. Apparently it's acting like a small club.

7 hours ago, No2 said:

There was a period here where a free kick was almost as good as a penalty. He went to Barca and put up them numbers but never got a sniff at a free or penalty. He would have easily surpassed a goal a game.

Remember that season when everything he did hit the post or the woodwork?

If only he could finish he would be a great player.

19 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Some West Ham blert on twitter has posted a tweet about Soucek being better than Fabinho, which then prompted a discussion on "all time worst shouts" which then led me down a rabbit trail trying to find that old GOT thread about how Jelavic is better than Suarez.

Behold, the Blues from Sept 2012:

This one really makes me laugh, seeing as how he immediately dropped off the face of the earth afterwards and never had a purple patch like that again:

From purple patch to Purple Aki, overnight.

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I wonder how many tears he's actually seen like his fucking hero Holden Caulfield the bed wetting cunt.

I do wonder whether that helmet has ever actually met a Reds fan.

I'm guessing no.

4 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Remember that season when everything he did hit the post or the woodwork?

If only he could finish he would be a great player.

2011-12. Every keeper had a worldy. Every shot hit the woodwork. Penalty takers of the quality of Suarez, Gerrard and Kuyt were missing them.

Weird, weird season. We even finished below the shite.

18 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

2011-12. Every keeper had a worldy. Every shot hit the woodwork. Penalty takers of the quality of Suarez, Gerrard and Kuyt were missing them.

Weird, weird season. We even finished below the shite.

I still think that season is grossly underrated.

One freak season by Suarez plus the ban.Take those 2 away we would have easily finished in the top 4 and that decision to get rid of Kenny would have been a lot harder. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

I still think that season is grossly underrated.

One freak season by Suarez plus the ban.Take those 2 away we would have easily finished in the top 4 and that decision to get rid of Kenny would have been a lot harder. 

This. I remember our home game against West Brom and Woy in particular near the end of the season. We fucking battered them for around 80 minutes and just couldn't find the back of the net and then they went up and scored with probablytheir first attack.