You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 hours ago, No2 said:

There was a period here where a free kick was almost as good as a penalty. He went to Barca and put up them numbers but never got a sniff at a free or penalty. He would have easily surpassed a goal a game.

Remember that season when everything he did hit the post or the woodwork?

If only he could finish he would be a great player.

19 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Some West Ham blert on twitter has posted a tweet about Soucek being better than Fabinho, which then prompted a discussion on "all time worst shouts" which then led me down a rabbit trail trying to find that old GOT thread about how Jelavic is better than Suarez.

Behold, the Blues from Sept 2012:

This one really makes me laugh, seeing as how he immediately dropped off the face of the earth afterwards and never had a purple patch like that again:

From purple patch to Purple Aki, overnight.

4 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Remember that season when everything he did hit the post or the woodwork?

If only he could finish he would be a great player.

2011-12. Every keeper had a worldy. Every shot hit the woodwork. Penalty takers of the quality of Suarez, Gerrard and Kuyt were missing them.

Weird, weird season. We even finished below the shite.

18 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

2011-12. Every keeper had a worldy. Every shot hit the woodwork. Penalty takers of the quality of Suarez, Gerrard and Kuyt were missing them.

Weird, weird season. We even finished below the shite.

I still think that season is grossly underrated.

One freak season by Suarez plus the ban.Take those 2 away we would have easily finished in the top 4 and that decision to get rid of Kenny would have been a lot harder. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

One freak season by Suarez plus the ban.Take those 2 away we would have easily finished in the top 4 and that decision to get rid of Kenny would have been a lot harder. 

This. I remember our home game against West Brom and Woy in particular near the end of the season. We fucking battered them for around 80 minutes and just couldn't find the back of the net and then they went up and scored with probablytheir first attack.

15 hours ago, Poster said:

Which is why I said, didn't take long. I expected it but not so soon. 

No mention of the financial restraints from paying back the huge loan to build it, or how they're going to get all those middle aged men to say the extra for adult tickets. Where the extra season ticket holder's are coming from and why any player would sign because of a new stadium. 

They're going to love him at this rate, he certainly knows his audience. 

Let’s be honest, as much as I like Rafa, it’s clear that he’s a pretty good politician and that requires a certain aptitude for the art of bullshit. I don’t think it’s coincidence that he is disproportionately deified both here and at Newcastle by certain portions of the fanbases.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, KMD7 said:

This. I remember our home game against West Brom and Woy in particular near the end of the season. We fucking battered them for around 80 minutes and just couldn't find the back of the net and then they went up and scored with probablytheir first attack.

I remember that one vividly 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Let’s be honest, as much as I like Rafa, it’s clear that he’s a pretty good politician and that requires a certain aptitude for the art of bullshit. I don’t think it’s coincidence that he is disproportionately deified both here and at Newcastle by certain portions of the fanbases.

Agree with this completely .

I think in his last year the fan base was split over him and thus perhaps helped cause it.

7 hours ago, KMD7 said:

I think that was the match that epitomised our season, when a shot had Ben Foster totally beaten, but while he was mid-air it hit the bar, then bounced off his back and still stayed out. I've literally never seen anything like it. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Arniepie said:

I remember the Arsenal game at home which we lost 1-2 when we hit the post three times Kuyt had a penalty saved and even after battering them it still took an own goal for us to eventually score.

They had two shots on target from Van Persie and won the game which was par for the course that season I think after that game on March 3rd we’d hit the post 21 times.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

I remember the Arsenal game at home which we lost 1-2 when we hit the post three times Kuyt had a penalty saved and even after battering them it still took an own goal for us to eventually score.

They had two shots on target from Van Persie and won the game which was par for the course that season I think after that game on March 3rd we’d hit the post 21 times.

I saw David Johnson on the way out of the ground after that match. I asked him if he still had his boots. He just shrugged, disconsolately.

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

I think if we would have won that game we would have went 4th.

Wasnt there a stat that we hit the woodwork a record amount of times?