You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

5 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I think Everton will finish between 7th and 10th. Might have a cup run. To be honest, if they stop Man City from winning one of the domestic trophies then sounds okay to me. 

Let’s not go overboard here! 

I’d be delighted if City only took 4 points off them now next season. 

Edited by Scott_M

5 hours ago, Manny said:

Sounds like Brandalf had nothing to do with his appointment and this is all on the lovely Iranian and his pockets, according to Andy Hunter in the Guardian (Ken Billwright also didn't fancy the hassle but he's pretty much the club mascot thesedays). So Brands is in charge of transfers and didn't appoint the coach, and said coach will have to defer to a guy who didn't want him on all matters transfers. And Rafa isn't a big fan of deferring on transfers and control in the best of circumstances, never mind when the other fella is actually opposed to him.

It's got trouble written all over even without the typical blue hysteria that surrounds it.

Nil Sofas Nisi Lamps.

• Upvote 2

I couldn’t give a fuck whose in charge of them. No self respecting red should even want them to win a throw in let alone a trophy. Get a grip of yourselves. You’ve seen how they behave when they get a corner. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I couldn’t give a fuck whose in charge of them. No self respecting red should even want them to win a throw in let alone a trophy. Get a grip of yourselves. You’ve seen how they behave when they get a corner. 

Pyro at a 0-0 draw…….which they then lose.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The replies to this are boss.

Isn’t taking possession of the dock & starting building 2 different things?

We had control of Stanley Park and did nothing with it either.

I see a few of them are going on about building a third stadium. They still can't grasp the concept that they never built or owned Anfield. 

Everton originally played in the southeast corner of Stanley Park. The first official match took place in 1879. In 1882, a man named J. Cruitt donated land at Priory Road which became the club's home.

In 1884 Everton became tenants at Anfield, which was owned by John Orrell, a land owner who was a friend of Everton F.C. member John Houlding. Orrell lent Anfield to the club in exchange for a small rent. Houlding purchased the land from Orrell in 1885 and effectively became Everton's landlord by charging the club rent, which increased from £100 to £240 a year by 1888 – and was still rising until Everton left the ground in 1892. The club regarded the increase in rent as unacceptable.

8 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I see the Everton managers boy Balague is trying to calm the waters for his master. His excuse for the small club insult is Houllier grass eating standard, it was one of those famous Spanish phrases that get lost in translation apparently, hilarious stuff. 

Guilleme the Housewife’s choice Ballagay.