You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

8 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Some still believe he's invested in this club.  He doesn't give a fuck.  He is a professional football manager and he'll go where the money is.  It's like watching Trump followers on here.  

Thats bollocks mate. He's done a load of good stuff and taken this city into his heart. He still lives here FFS. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats bollocks mate. He's done a load of good stuff and taken this city into his heart. He still lives here FFS. 

I'm not ignoring his contributions - I've never known a manager (apart possibly from Mourinho and Hodgson) who hasn't got involved with all sorts of charity work in the city they're managing in.   Quite right as well.  Same for players.  They absolutely should do it, and most do.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

A Liverpool Legend. Simple as that. He'll always be loved by us Liverpool fans. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I'm not ignoring his contributions - I've never known a manager (apart possibly from Mourinho and Hodgson) who hasn't got involved with all sorts of charity work in the city they're managing in.   Quite right as well.  Same for players.  They absolutely should do it, and most do.

Fair enough. I love him. And now she does as well so it's going to be a right battle who cums first tbh. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Some still believe he's invested in this club.  He doesn't give a fuck.  He is a professional football manager and he'll go where the money is.  It's like watching Trump followers on here.  

8EOC.gif

“He called us a small club and he meant it, we’re a big club”. 

Brilliant. Boo-fucking-hoo.

Fuckin’ balls on Rafa taking this job. He’ll know the hostilities that await him and he doesn’t give a fuck. Similar to Chelsea, but he won them the UEFA Cup and qualified for the CL, which they were nowhere near when he took over. 

Obviously Istanbul is one of the reasons Rafa is so revered by us, but he also fought tooth and nail for the club, even if it was sometimes misjudged - he called out Ferguson, he called out Mourinho, he called out G&H, he called out Parry, he called out UEFA after Athens… I’m sure he’ll do the same for Everton. 

As long as they finish beneath us, lose to us twice in the league,  lose any potential cup game to us and take points off our rivals, I couldn’t give a shit what happens. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Well they're in that phase again, apparently Rafa's biggest achievement was all down to Houllier, and everything went downhill once he started buying his won players. 

Xabi Alonso says hello.

Rafa is indeed a professional football manager, and he is indeed entitled to go where the money is. He was our manager from 2004 to 2010, at the end of only his first season, he gave each of us undoubtedly one of the best nights of our lives. Measure it or compare it with whatever you want. The following year, a memorable FA Cup. Not long after, our highest points total in an agonising 2nd place in the league, and had circumstances been different, could have broken through and won the league. Yours and ours is the only emotion that matters, because Rafa takes his own out of it, at least on the field. His office.

He prefers to, if not actually share his feelings, but deal with feelings emotions on a more personal level, away from the field, demonstrating a level of humanity and decency few in his position could muster. 

But for all he did with us and for us, we don't own him, and we never did. He wrote his own history and achieved his own legendary status which cannot and should not be diminished by him going to do what is his job, and managing another football club. In doing so, like players who've achieved the ultimate prizes as Liverpool players, they leave with good grace, their legacy guaranteed, and free to go elsewhere for other challenges. A manager is no different. He brought us back to the top table in Europe again. He left his mark. He left a free man to continue his career however he saw fit, without fear or favour to anyone.

All along, since his name was mentioned in connection with the job, I was hoping he wouldn't take it, purely from the point of view of the toxic shite they come out with, whether or not he does a good job for them. But now that he has been appointed, there is only the matter of wishing him well personally, and no hard feelings. Being a professional and a man who takes emotion out of the game, Rafa would know only too well that we as Liverpool fans are not going to wish the new manager of Everton 'good luck'.

I'm pretty sure that he would be of a mind to say, that any Liverpool fan who feels bad about his new job and feel it stains his legacy at Liverpool, will be dealt with the same response as any Everton fan who doesn't want him at their club 'Fuck them, it won't stop me doing my job'

• Upvote 2