You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

39 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

10 million a year! Fucking hell.

£30 MIL who cares if you get called a cunt by some deranged fools . He will be able to hire a whole squad of Navy Fucking seals in case the daft bastards are ever able to find his house. 

11 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Would you serve a fried egg on a plate of crisps, though?

I’m not sure… I prefer poached! The crisps look good though, they look a bit like sautéed potatoes which I love.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

He served us well. But, we're on our 4th manager since he left us. He secured his name in the history of our club with that night in 2005. But, we've moved on as a club and should do so as supporters too. He's gone. Get over it etc, etc. 

If he's given the money that Ancelotti had then it's a decent job for him. I won't go as far as wishing him good luck but I won't let this tarnish the good footballing memories he gave us, nor the things he did in the city off the pitch. I just hope he doesn't buy into the bitterness that runs deep throughout his new club and that he doesn't come to any harm at the hands of the more rabid elements of their fan base. 

This 100%. 

Rafa is a good and thoroughly decent man and should be remembered as such.

It is gonna be absolutely top drawer comedy all this.....they are gonna entertain us greatly over next few months as they go through hypocrisy, the usual getting too giddy when win a few, contradicting themselves, being totally unreasonable and the fume going off the scale....followed by denial, blaming us, calling for Rafa's head, anger at their club for bringing in 'redshite'.....and then when Rafa is sacked all the way back to square one.

Rafa will walk away with a nice payout, the bitters will be back to square one again and we will have been royally entertained.

23 minutes ago, suzy said:

I’ve just delved into the thread on GOT, hardly anyone has got a good word to say, it’s hilarious!

It's funny when they sometimes slag off our players when they're with us, then praise them when they leave, I remember a similar thing with Rogers last season too. 

Well they're in that phase again, apparently Rafa's biggest achievement was all down to Houllier, and everything went downhill once he started buying his won players. 

They clearly know their history so I'm not going to argue with them. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Can't believe he's the Everton manager. Makes you wonder, would Rafa ever go to United if they offered him a job?

Fair play to some of you for not caring but Rafa has ruined his legacy with Liverpool now for me. Fuck him, he just wants a pay day and doesn't care where he gets it.

He's a good manager and he'll do well there with that squad and money (which they have)

for new players. I think a few people are in for a suprise when Everton are in and around the top 4 come the end of the next few seasons.

Grow up. 

• Upvote 6

There’s an interesting post lost somewhere in the manager thread. It deals with Benitez joining Chelsea and at the first home game he walked out and the crowd were either silent or jeered. Benitez reportedly just ignored it and got on with the job. They can boo all they want, he won’t give a fuck.

• Upvote 1

It's probably already been said on here, but the fact that they've used his announcement to 'clarify' that off-the-cuff 'small club' comment he made some 14 fucking years ago just serves to 'clarify' what a small club they are. It cut deep because they know it's true. And now they've hired the man who called them a small club. Fucking cucks.

• Upvote 1