You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Short term thinking for them. They should've stuck with shitshoes, a young manager who could've built something. Instead they jibbed him, ended up with Koeman who they hounded out, big Sam saved them, Carlo came for the cash and left as soon as a big club came. 

Rafa is another sticking plaster approach. They're banking on him dragging them to Top 4, but realistically there's 6 or 7 teams going for it every year and they're miles away. 

• Upvote 3

This is sooo Everton!

Is it formal yet? They have appointed a manager who will divide their fanbase - and they're not shouting about it because they don't know what the reaction will be.

They're perpetuating the 'small club' thing.

It looks like Moshri has gone solo on this one. That could be a sign that someone at that club has finally recognised that the Everton way is shit and doesn't work. Handing Rafa full control of everything will result in a better club from top to bottom. I don't see this as a shirt term fix, he could easily do 5 years which is life time these days.

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Short term thinking for them. They should've stuck with shitshoes, a young manager who could've built something. Instead they jibbed him, ended up with Koeman who they hounded out, big Sam saved them, Carlo came for the cash and left as soon as a big club came. 

Rafa is another sticking plaster approach. They're banking on him dragging them to Top 4, but realistically there's 6 or 7 teams going for it every year and they're miles away. 

I can't believe Silva's tenure meant so little to you!

21 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I can't believe Silva's tenure meant so little to you!

Haha, beat me to it!

Joined Watford in May 2017;

Everton started chasing him six months later;

They failed to get him but he was sacked two months afterwards anyway;

Another four months down the line he finally joins Everton (and yet the have to pay £4million compensation to sign an unemployed guy);

And finally, after 19 months in the job, they bin him. 
Utterly clueless. 

Guest Alex_K

Infinitely too good for them. For such an intelligent man, Rafa has sure made some utterly baffling decisions in his time. Presumably the money is good.

6 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

I think the shite will get a shock when we sing his name and he waves.

Too much respect both ways for it not too happen 

Bit like most of our returning ex players/manager, sing their name then get the business done.

Larry Lloyd was about the only exception I think.

I doubt he will wave but inside he will want to be stuck right in with the away fans laughing at the fucking bellends. 

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They should of went for Howe and built a long term philosophy. When Rafa is jibbed they have to start all over with another imbalanced squad.

He would have been their best bet. Blue as well. They didn't want anything to do with him. 

4 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Its not even trending on Twitter - even tho Jurgen Klopp is, because of some un-newsworthy doppelganger.

Ha, England's win has overshadowed their latest 'coup'! As for Jurgen's double, I thought that was funny and had to look twice. He even fooled the ITV reporter which, isnt saying much.

So long as the guy doesnt tarnish Jurgen's reputation in any way, it's a bit of fun in grim times.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jennings said:

Its not even trending on Twitter - even tho Jurgen Klopp is, because of some un-newsworthy doppelganger.

There's only two managers on Merseyside worth talking about - Jurgen Klopp, and Jurgen Klopp's lookalike.

• Upvote 3