You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Seethed he did!

I have cried when Alan Ball, my hero, was sold. I have squirmed at the dire 70s, the cheating of the 77 FAC SF, the flukey Lampard winner in 1980 SF, the cushion showers of the early 80s, the graffiti Kendall out, rejoiced from January 1984 until 1987 at the performances, seethed with anger at missing out on Europe because of that lot, thrilled with 1995, and since then I have aged like the rest of us by 26 years without seeing a single trophy.

8 hours ago, Mudface said:

I don't think it's that bad, he obviously still likes the club judging by his commentaries on radio and LFC.tv. He's just a bit of a nasty prick (see the World cup '94 sub video) and he's got a stick up his arse about Benitez.

There’s been a few things said here which don’t reflect great on Aldo, but I draw the line at the World Cup incident. 
Ireland desperately needed a goalCharlton had filled out all the paperwork to make a substitution, Tommy Coyne had already come off, and yet for some reason a FIFA official had stepped in to take the paperwork and was stopping it from taking place. Worse stillAldridge was being physically restrained from coming on. 
FIFA had been dicks already (stopping players from having drinks when matches were being played at midday during the summer in the USA; insisting Tommy Coyne be taken off on a stretcher when he was dazed after being hit in the face by a ball). Meanwhile Aldridge knew this was his last chance to make his mark in a World Cup (he was 35), yet instead of being allowed to come on Ireland were being forced to play with ten men for no good reason. 
If I had been him, I’d have probably lost my temper too. 

• Upvote 1

That blood is from a cut which happens when you headbutt drainpipes. Looks like he's going to have one on the other side, too.

All the space on the wall and that's where they put it. What's with the moon and the white bit, is that meant to be clouds? What's the relevance? Will there be more painted in the unfilled space? These and other mysteries brought to you by the unfathomable Blooos.

13 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Why is Duncan ferguson so lauded there he was a seriously shit player.

The summary of his international career on Wikipedia is the most Everton an international career could be.

Ferguson made his first full international appearance for Scotland in May 1992. He hit the crossbar with an overhead kick during a friendly match with Germany. He made seven Scotland appearances in all, with his last appearance coming in February 1997. He refused international selection after 1997, partly in protest against his treatment by the SFA after his conviction for assault on John McStay and in particular the imposition of a 12-game ban on top of his 3-month prison sentence.

46 minutes ago, Elite said:

And he's 'hard'. They'd adore Charles Bronson if he'd have made a brief appearance for them.

Whenever you see any Liverpool fans slaggibg Duncan Ferguson off for his shit goalscoring record and that he was just basically a thug all Evertonians ever reply with is "say that to his face". 

Most of his stories with Everton seem to involve him clattering the other teams supposed hard man and putting them in their place or beating up burglars. None are of his footballing ability.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Benitez set to be announced in the coming days, according to Sky Sports. 

I genuinely don't think he fully appreciates what he's letting himself in for. 

I am genuinely surprised it's happening from all sides. Even the idea that Rafa  likes to see himself as pragmatic, if he wants to go somewhere where he gets the best chance of winning, it won't help having a divided (at best) fan base. But I suppose it'll be the 1st time he's been given a lot to spend and maybe the last crack he'll get to do that. 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I am genuinely surprised it's happening from all sides. Even the idea that Rafa  likes to see himself as pragmatic, if he wants to go somewhere where he gets the best chance of winning, it won't help having a divided (at best) fan base. But I suppose it'll be the 1st time he's been given a lot to spend and maybe the last crack he'll get to do that. 

Whats Rafa got to lose

He will be paid a fortune,can live at home. Its unlikely to effect his rep with reds, do a crap job and we will love him more. If the bitters hound him out he will take them for every penny he can