You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

57 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Wait , what are you actually saying that this all singing all dancing gold plated best stadium in the WORLD might not happen , Surely not .

Last week they had an article saying Everton's stadiun would be on a par architecturally with the Guggenheim museum. 

Now that the redshite are interfering the city will lose its World Heritage status. Just seems very convenient. 

Nothing to do with:

The stadium is in a dock that needs to be filled in.

The stadium is in a location that needs significantly road alterations. 

The stadium keeps rising in cost the longer they kick the can down the road.

There's been an extensive public consultation yet it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

There are other sites that they could have chosen in the city that were cheaper and would not have needed extensive consultations, planning and listed buildings as obstacles to overcome. It's almost as if they used the most wildy optimistic option on purpose. 

It could possibly be underwater in 30 years.

The owner wanted a free stadium off the back of the commonwealth games.

The owner tried to blag a low rate loan off a skint council that was one of the worst cut in the country because he didn't want to use any of his own money.

They announced it in March 2016 and nothing has happened yet. This is despite other clubs building and moving into new grounds in this time period. Everton get more TV money than Brentford and Wimbledon but they have somehow managed to build new grounds in one of the most expensive cities in the world. 

It will still have 9000 less seats than Anfield.

Something tells me it is unlikely to go ahead. 

• Upvote 8

24 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It could possibly be underwater in 30 years.

We go the game... in our dinghies.

Any architect/planner involved in this project who does not take into account, and highlight, the known environmental risks involved, is seriously professionally negligent.

Of course that doesn't suit the narrative of their egotistic desire to be the 'first thing the cruise tourists see'. 

We all know how Everton love a 'first', but this could be the one that literally sinks them.

Funny as fuck if (when) this white elephant falls through but UNESCO can get to fuck, they want to keep this city as some sort of museum and not a living breathing forward thinking dynamic one. Good riddance I say, well done Everton you useless twats might have have actually done something good for a change.

• Upvote 3

I love the way the got mongs keep telling themselves that when this imaginaries built, Mr Moshiri will make a fortune selling the club onto another billionaire who will take them further forward.

Nailed on Mr Moshiris converting his shares into debt the minute the keys are handed over and the city’s gonna have to bail them out again. 

£750 million and counting at this stage. Laings are on site and starting the groundwork’s in September, but my contact theres telling me they’re still scratching their heads on why it was allowed to go ahead down there, especially with the restrictions in exits onto Regent Road.

You wouldn’t be buying a high rise apartment down there and having loads of divvies boxing each other in your car park every other week.

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Everton new stadium plans cost the City its UNESCO world heritage status. Or something, can you imagine the fume if the Anfield expansion had been the final straw on that point 

Well I hope they're fuckin happy. Nice one chippy tits.

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4725877

Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the school of science down?
We do, we do
Who keeps UNESCO off the maps?
Who keeps the UEFA under wraps?
We do, we do
Who holds back the elctric car?
Who makes Steven Gerrard a star?
We do, we do
Who put the fish on the site?
Who rigs every Cup draw?
We do, we do!

So that's why they wear red robes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fuck UNESCO don't get me wrong if this was us Moral outrage FC would be going spare but I don't give a fuck, hold back city plans because some shitty organisation decides to bestow its blessings your way. The only grim thing is the absolute corruption  and a dogshit Council we've had for decades regardless of UNESCO.

Fuck the high rises off and I know nostalgia plays a part but build a unique city not a carbon copy high rise piece of shit that every city is becoming, Manchester is a damn eye sore and like our centre losing all its originalty. Town used to be magic full weird shops, hidden gems, the only thing different about city's now is their layout.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

Funny as fuck if (when) this white elephant falls through but UNESCO can get to fuck, they want to keep this city as some sort of museum and not a living breathing forward thinking dynamic one. Good riddance I say, well done Everton you useless twats might have have actually done something good for a change.

Yep. There are many issues with Everton's phantom stadium, but the impact it'll have on the skyline isn't one of them. If Unesco had been around back in the day, they'd have objected to the Eiffel Tower and the Sagrada Familia.

• Upvote 4

I get the indignation against UNESCO but don't for one minute think that they haven't visited Liverpool which seems to be the narrative put out.

The council made a big play of the heritage status so don't be surprised if it gets removed if you move away from the things that got us the status.

Fuck me the council knocked the Cavern down. This is on chippy tits.

Also, apart from an extra 10000 bums on seats I don't see the sudden upturn in visitors/tourists/hotel rooms. It's a football ground with no history.

Fuck them.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, deiseach said:

Yep. There are many issues with Everton's phantom stadium, but the impact it'll have on the skyline isn't one of them. If Unesco had been around back in the day, they'd have objected to the Eiffel Tower and the Sagrada Familia.

These cunts would have blocked the 3 Graces due to them blocking the view of a fishing shed from 1600’s. To be fair to the bloos they’ve done well designing a modern building that actually fits in with it’s Victorian surroundings, not sure what else they could do? Also amazes me that other cities seem to build whatever the fuck they like (London - Gherkins and walkie fuckin talkies next to genuine historical architecture) without all the bullshit and hurdles. Anyway it’s all moot as surely the costs are starting to run away from them now.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

To be honest their ground is hardly the key factor here - more the Liverpool Waters issue. Frankly, fuck UNESCO. He’s done fuck all since Rhinoceros anyway.

The main character could hear the boos from the blue hordes. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

To be honest their ground is hardly the key factor here - more the Liverpool Waters issue. Frankly, fuck UNESCO. He’s done fuck all since Rhinoceros anyway.

What is the liverpool waters issue please ? Isn’t the ground part of that?