Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 2349 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

41 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Everton new stadium plans cost the City its UNESCO world heritage status. Or something, can you imagine the fume if the Anfield expansion had been the final straw on that point 

We’d never hear the fucking last of it.

Would it not be an idea for UNESCO to wait until such time as the proposed stadium is actually built, if ever, or has nobody ever told them of Everton's MO before?

3 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Would it not be an idea for UNESCO to wait until such time as the proposed stadium is actually built, if ever, or has nobody ever told them of Everton's MO before?

The fucking entire mess peel have promised in Liverpool waters for years. I don't see how this thing of Everton is any worse than some of their plans. 

• Upvote 1

Remember when we launched a tactical nuke into Moshiri’s waterfront lair and razed it to the ground and they were devastated at the destruction of a world heritage site. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Wait , what are you actually saying that this all singing all dancing gold plated best stadium in the WORLD might not happen , Surely not .

The whole thing with Peel has always been long-fingered half baked 'plans' but nothing has ever materialised.

Edit: I just realised in reading that again, that it perfectly describes the Bloos as well.

1 minute ago, Tj hooker said:

Wait , what are you actually saying that this all singing all dancing gold plated best stadium in the WORLD might not happen , Surely not .

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Is there anything we can't do? Most powerful fan base in the history of sport.

We are more powerful than the gods in Clash of the Titans. We can influence any decision on or off the pitch. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Last week they had an article saying Everton's stadiun would be on a par architecturally with the Guggenheim museum. 

Now that the redshite are interfering the city will lose its World Heritage status. Just seems very convenient. 

Nothing to do with:

The stadium is in a dock that needs to be filled in.

The stadium is in a location that needs significantly road alterations. 

The stadium keeps rising in cost the longer they kick the can down the road.

There's been an extensive public consultation yet it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

There are other sites that they could have chosen in the city that were cheaper and would not have needed extensive consultations, planning and listed buildings as obstacles to overcome. It's almost as if they used the most wildy optimistic option on purpose. 

It could possibly be underwater in 30 years.

The owner wanted a free stadium off the back of the commonwealth games.

The owner tried to blag a low rate loan off a skint council that was one of the worst cut in the country because he didn't want to use any of his own money.

They announced it in March 2016 and nothing has happened yet. This is despite other clubs building and moving into new grounds in this time period. Everton get more TV money than Brentford and Wimbledon but they have somehow managed to build new grounds in one of the most expensive cities in the world. 

It will still have 9000 less seats than Anfield.

Something tells me it is unlikely to go ahead. 

• Upvote 8

spectre1.gif?resize=618,260

tumblr_nrvqv6ZYh41tehay3o4_540.gifv

“Welcome gazzaa2. It's been a long time. And finally, here we are. What took you so long?”

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It could possibly be underwater in 30 years.

We go the game... in our dinghies.

Any architect/planner involved in this project who does not take into account, and highlight, the known environmental risks involved, is seriously professionally negligent.

Of course that doesn't suit the narrative of their egotistic desire to be the 'first thing the cruise tourists see'. 

We all know how Everton love a 'first', but this could be the one that literally sinks them.

Funny as fuck if (when) this white elephant falls through but UNESCO can get to fuck, they want to keep this city as some sort of museum and not a living breathing forward thinking dynamic one. Good riddance I say, well done Everton you useless twats might have have actually done something good for a change.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

They are the most tory football club on the planet. Lie, deflect.... 

Evertonians might be a lot of things but they aren't Tories. 

Yep, they cite the building of it as a reason. A fucking two bob football team that nobody gives a fuck about. Nice one dickheads

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-57556884

Fucking thing is never getting built anyway.

3 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Evertonians might be a lot of things but they aren't Tories. 

I meant in terms of their lies and deflecting everything on to us. Clearly. 

I love the way the got mongs keep telling themselves that when this imaginaries built, Mr Moshiri will make a fortune selling the club onto another billionaire who will take them further forward.

Nailed on Mr Moshiris converting his shares into debt the minute the keys are handed over and the city’s gonna have to bail them out again. 

£750 million and counting at this stage. Laings are on site and starting the groundwork’s in September, but my contact theres telling me they’re still scratching their heads on why it was allowed to go ahead down there, especially with the restrictions in exits onto Regent Road.

You wouldn’t be buying a high rise apartment down there and having loads of divvies boxing each other in your car park every other week.

I meant in terms of their lies and deflecting everything on to us. Clearly. 

Geez, there's no need to be a Tory about this. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Everton new stadium plans cost the City its UNESCO world heritage status. Or something, can you imagine the fume if the Anfield expansion had been the final straw on that point 

Well I hope they're fuckin happy. Nice one chippy tits.

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4725877

Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the school of science down?
We do, we do
Who keeps UNESCO off the maps?
Who keeps the UEFA under wraps?
We do, we do
Who holds back the elctric car?
Who makes Steven Gerrard a star?
We do, we do
Who put the fish on the site?
Who rigs every Cup draw?
We do, we do!

So that's why they wear red robes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fuck UNESCO don't get me wrong if this was us Moral outrage FC would be going spare but I don't give a fuck, hold back city plans because some shitty organisation decides to bestow its blessings your way. The only grim thing is the absolute corruption  and a dogshit Council we've had for decades regardless of UNESCO.

Fuck the high rises off and I know nostalgia plays a part but build a unique city not a carbon copy high rise piece of shit that every city is becoming, Manchester is a damn eye sore and like our centre losing all its originalty. Town used to be magic full weird shops, hidden gems, the only thing different about city's now is their layout.

• Upvote 5