Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

First club to have a Manger with the biggest house on the Wirral. 

No crib for a bed 

• Upvote 3

I used to think Aldo was sound but a lot of our older players seem to turn jealous and bitter after a while and I dont understand it. Aldo is still getting work as much for our modern success as the times he was a player and fan.

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I used to think Aldo was sound but a lot of our older players seem to turn jealous and bitter after a while and I dont understand it. Aldo is still getting work as much for our modern success as the times he was a player and fan.

Alot of it is probably to do with what was arguably our best period in our history with some of the best players the club and English football have seen earned less in a year that what Djimi traore did in a week. Must be hard to stomach.

• Upvote 1

Let's not kid ourselves that Aldo isn't representative of Liverpool fans! I remember this place being pretty toxic from 2007 onwards over Rafa. As is usual, this was all taking place in the maelstrom of the parasites so there was very little room for nuance and balance. We picked a side and that was that. 

looking back - the argument that Rafa wasted a lot of money on 'smaller' signings was fair - but one that I personally, absolutely failed to recognise at the time. I suppose the lack of any genuine premier league success from the likes of Spearing, Welsh etc. is proof that the academy wasn't good enough - but then again, non of those that he brought in succeeded either. I'd argue Warnock was the best 'Academy' player to have played under Rafa. Aldridge is really just symptomatic of that time in how he views Rafa. It really is a bad fit for him - the one thing he had at Newcastle was adulation from the fans, he isn't getting that from Everton. 

I don't think it is bitterness per se. Probably a lot more simpler - stupid people being asked their opinion! I am not sure there is a thicker pundit than Nicol (there are a few to be fair) - and as a Liverpool player he gets asked about us more. 

Give it to Aldo! He knows everything the Blues need and he has had success in the past with a smaller club. If he could satisfy the demands of the tough to please Tranmere hordes then giving The Brick regulars a spring in their step would be a doddle.

I wonder did Aldo have anything to say to his "Everton mates" about Ancelotti rinsing the shite for multi millions whilst living on the most prestigious road in Blundellsands and guiding them to a miserable tenth in the table before dumping them for a decent job? 

Either way he seems to have found some like minded company.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Rafa to everton off apparently and Aldo's column didnt play a part!

I always thought it was a ploy to either get a deal with Nuno or to make some average manager seem a decent selection. They'd literally take big sam now. 

I mean they're a fucking dozy bunch the bitters, they've blamed us and referees for their own clubs poor decisions for decades. Obviously the club has played then like fiddles throughout. 

1 hour ago, Impostor said:

I always thought it was a ploy to either get a deal with Nuno or to make some average manager seem a decent selection. They'd literally take big sam now. 

I mean they're a fucking dozy bunch the bitters, they've blamed us and referees for their own clubs poor decisions for decades. Obviously the club has played then like fiddles throughout. 

I honestly think Moshiri wanted to appoint him.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I honestly think Moshiri wanted to appoint him.

Defo. The backlash has put pay to him getting appointed, I’m glad to say. 

• Upvote 1

Everton new stadium plans cost the City its UNESCO world heritage status. Or something, can you imagine the fume if the Anfield expansion had been the final straw on that point 

• Upvote 2

wow

gazzaa2

Player Valuation: £1m
Apparently our stadium plans seems to be the final straw for UNESCO, who are now recommending the city be stripped of it's World Heritage status..... :coffee:

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk

Official recommendation to strip city of World Heritage Status

UNESCO committee will meet next month, where they are being advised to remove Liverpool's status after 17 years
www.liverpoolecho.co.uk www.liverpoolecho.co.uk

It's becoming clear that the RS are meddling here and have been getting into UNESCO's ear to try and stop the stadium going ahead. It's a disgrace because they won't succeed but it's backfired on the city by losing WHS.

There's no depths they won't sink to.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

wow

gazzaa2

Apparently our stadium plans seems to be the final straw for UNESCO, who are now recommending the city be stripped of it's World Heritage status..... :coffee:

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk

UNESCO committee will meet next month, where they are being advised to remove Liverpool's status after 17 years

It's becoming clear that the RS are meddling here and have been getting into UNESCO's ear to try and stop the stadium going ahead. It's a disgrace because they won't succeed but it's backfired on the city by losing WHS.

Ahhh That didn't take long

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Everton new stadium plans cost the City its UNESCO world heritage status. Or something, can you imagine the fume if the Anfield expansion had been the final straw on that point 

Could you imagine….I mean let’s face it we get accused of bulldozing people out of their houses 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

wow

gazzaa2

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk

They really are a bunch of sociopaths.

tenor.gif?itemid=4725877

Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the school of science down?
We do, we do
Who keeps UNESCO off the maps?
Who keeps the UEFA under wraps?
We do, we do
Who holds back the elctric car?
Who makes Steven Gerrard a star?
We do, we do