Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

4 hours ago, Jockey said:

He doesn't need this job - he may live in the area, but that hasn't stopped him taking the Milan job, the Madrid job, the Napoli job, the China job, the Newcastle job, the Chelsea job. 

He can take any job he wants, we have no right to ask him to ignore a well paid job with a Premier League team - but, I'm sorry this does tarnish his legacy with us. I can't possibly wish him well - and as usual Everton are appointing a name rather than the right manager. 

Drg3n.gif

• Upvote 1

I don’t get this at all. Not so much because of us, but the other side of the park. They’ll hate him before a ball is touched.

Anfield on derby night: Kop doesn’t boo Rafa. On the contrary he’s given a solid applause. 90 mins later he goes off after losing 3-0 to us. That alone would be a sackable "offence".

Totally stupid decision by the bloos. Personally I don’t mind though.

He’s light years better than both them and any manager they could realistically have brought in to replace Ancelotti.

Their bitterness, bile, and ludicrous expectations will no doubt fuck it in short order though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bizzle10 said:

Not convinced with this think they are using him to make their rabid fans be grateful when Potter or Nuno are announced

I was thinking this too. I have no doubt Mosh would have Rafa but I reckon the leaked stories of a deal being close is testing the water to gauge fans reaction.

Agree that Everton are just going for a big name rather than the right person. Rafa would do a good job there no doubt but I'd be a bit miffed if I was a bloo (god forbid). Personally I think Potter is hugely underrated. He's a managerial star in the making and Everton would be a very good fit for him, and for them. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Nothing down for him if he still has this door.

20210616_223552.jpg

Blueshite
One more night without sleepin'
Uuh, Watchin'
Till that Rafa' comes creepin'
Red door
What's that secret you're keepin'?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bizzle10 said:

Not convinced with this think they are using him to make their rabid fans be grateful when Potter or Nuno are announced

I mentioned something like this earlier but with Allardyce returning instead.

The thought has also occurred to me, of their board playing to their own gallery by stringing Rafa along and then fucking him off. Give it to Nuno as first (and always) planned, to enormous outpouring of relief from their fans, and essentially buying god-like status, because they played Rafa like a fiddle, thus allowing them reel out endless spiel about BMD and anything else they care to mention. Moshiri would once again be a hero.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stouffer said:

Blueshite
One more night without sleepin'
Uuh, Watchin'
Till that Rafa' comes creepin'
Red door
What's that secret you're keepin'?

Liking Shakin’ Stevens is Norwegian behaviour, lid

They're a bit stuck, though.

They set down a marker by bringing in Ancelotti--the dawn of a new age, back in the big time with a big name manager, etc etc etc.

How do they go back to a young manager looking to establish himself?

(Even if that might be what's in their best interests long term.)

Even if they end up with Allardyce again, sell Richarlison and DCL then buy some random from the Championship to replace them, their fans will still say Liverpool are shit and on their day at least six of their players are better than ours.

• Upvote 3

They need to get relegated to give them some perspective and reset their expectations. 

All these years hanging around in limbo winning nothing must really fuck with your head. Go up or go down. Do fucking something for fucks sake. Pointless cunts.

1 minute ago, General Dryness said:

They need to get relegated to give them some perspective and reset their expectations. 

All these years hanging around in limbo winning nothing must really fuck with your head. Go up or go down. Do fucking something for fucks sake. Pointless cunts.

This.

I find it bizarre people think Moshiri would engage with Benitz to become manager as a weird was to manipulate the fans. Why on earth would he do that when Nuno Santo appeared favourite to get the job last weekend?

The only one thinking they might be manipulated here is Santo. Id imagine not only is he wondering WTF is going on but might be close to saying you know what, stuff your shitty little club.

If Rafa gets the job, he might be the one to tell them to stop looking over their shoulder at Liverpool and until they get that monkey off their back, they aint going to make any progress.

Time will tell I guess.

• Like 1