You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

One very famous Grand Old Team poster said to me two or three days ago 'whenever I have a problem I say 'what would the Liverpool board do because they always get it right?'

My issue with appointing Nuno is simply this, would Spurs, Chelsea, Manure, RS, City, Arsenal etc appoint him as their Manager? The answer is a resounding no and if our aim is to be competing with the top teams then we shouldn't be appointing him either. We got Ancelotti no matter how over the hill he is and we should be patient and get another high quality Manager that any top team would appoint.

Appointing someone like Nuno no matter how well or bad he might do is accepting we are a mid table team and can get no better. We can get better and should get better.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Get it done, Bill.

Or as Bill would actually say it 'My dream is my David, or my Bob, we had a wonderful, beautiful time together - a time were we fought with giants and dreamed big dreams, we were angels in a world of devils and David fought Goliath and I have to say I had a tear in my eye the day he left'. 

• Upvote 2

Dominic Calvert-Lewin 'getting' Everton. Think someone should have proof read this before he tweeted it.

"I am happy at Everton. I worked hard to become number nine & score goals like I did recently. Personally, I have the ambition to one day play in the Champions League & win titles. But for now, I'm happy at Everton."

• Upvote 10

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Dominic Calvert-Lewin 'getting' Everton. Think someone should have proof read this before he tweeted it.

"I am happy at Everton. I worked hard to become number nine & score goals like I did recently. Personally, I have the ambition to one day play in the Champions League & win titles. But for now, I'm happy at Everton."

Hahahahaha 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

That's a fucking belting "come and get me" plea. I wonder if spurs would use some of the kane money on him? 

As for the Moyes/Martinez stuff,  obviously we'd all love Moyes, but I didn't think Bobby brown shoes was that bad for them. In fact I think they did pretty well at times. I'm sure he was before the moshiri money wasn't he? 

32 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Nuno to Bloos has stalled. Apparently wants to bring his large entourage with him.

If Nuno Holy Spirit went there, they'd have no need for Marcel Brands. Everybody they sign would be a Jorge Mendes client anyway.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That's a fucking belting "come and get me" plea. I wonder if spurs would use some of the kane money on him? 

As for the Moyes/Martinez stuff,  obviously we'd all love Moyes, but I didn't think Bobby brown shoes was that bad for them. In fact I think they did pretty well at times. I'm sure he was before the moshiri money wasn't he? 

If I were Spurs my asking price for Kane would be whatever Calvert-Lewin costs plus £50m. Give Bale another go on loan and actually play him and you have the goals you’ll miss. Then I’d take the piss and go sign Godfrey with the rest of the money.

18 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

If I were Spurs my asking price for Kane would be whatever Calvert-Lewin costs plus £50m. Give Bale another go on loan and actually play him and you have the goals you’ll miss. Then I’d take the piss and go sign Godfrey with the rest of the money.

Bale doesn't give a fuck. You might get a performance out of him 5 or 6 times a year... 

43 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Moyes should've pissed manager of the year. He's done a brilliant job at West Ham and would be mad to trade his collateral in to go back to Everton now. 

Yeah, I think he’s done enough to have a crack at a big job, like United, for instance.

• Upvote 1