You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I honestly don't know how evertonians would react to actually becoming successful, they seem to draw their identity from being underdogs to us. 

They would be cunts. Everything would be about rubbing our faces in it - they'd turn into obnoxious cunts. And by that I mean, everyone will finally notice what we have been dealing with for decades. They'll be 'relevant' and suddenly everyone will realise what a shower of sociopathic gobshites they are. 

I have friends who support other teams - not from Liverpool, they all can't stand Everton fans - not scientific I know, but they've seen them up close. 

10 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Heres Prentices bemoaning past Derby decisions. 

Everton have suffered at the hands of referees in derby matches many times since – Alan Hansen handling Adrian Heath’s goalbound shot off the line at Wembley, Mick Lyons’ equaliser ruled out in the Alan Waddle derby, a foul on Graeme Sharp in the 1986 FA Cup final, Graham Poll blowing for time at Goodison after Sander Westerveld tried to take a quick free-kick only to crash the ball against Don Hutchison’s back and see the ball bounce past him, Jack Rodwell’s red card for an alleged foul on Luis Suarez, later rescinded, Jamie Carragher wrestling Joleon Lescott to the ground as he attempted to tap in a last minute equaliser .... but none has rankled or endured quite like that Clive Thomas decision.

All this is irresponsible from people like Prentice and just reinforces the fans paranoid and woe is us mindset. They know their audience, yes but just fuel it even worse. 

James Pearce had a few subtle digs at them a few years ago when they celebrated a 0-0 at Anfield and their fans went mad on Facebook and Twitter about him calling for him to be sacked. 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

All this is irresponsible from people like Prentice and just reinforces the fans paranoid and woe is us mindset. They know their audience, yes but just fuel it even worse. 

James Pearce had a few subtle digs at them a few years ago when they celebrated a 0-0 at Anfield and their fans went mad on Facebook and Twitter about him calling for him to be sacked. 

Everyone talks about 'cancel culture' nowadays - they've been doing it for decades! 

13 minutes ago, Jockey said:

They would be cunts. Everything would be about rubbing our faces in it - they'd turn into obnoxious cunts. And by that I mean, everyone will finally notice what we have been dealing with for decades. They'll be 'relevant' and suddenly everyone will realise what a shower of sociopathic gobshites they are. 

I have friends who support other teams - not from Liverpool, they all can't stand Everton fans - not scientific I know, but they've seen them up close. 

A woman I work with is from Gloucester and had two tickets to see Jason Manford on the day of the European Cup final in 2019. She is married to a Liverpool fan but has absolutely zero interest in footy.

Her husband said that he wanted to watch the game in town instead so she tried to sell the tickets. Everyone who replied was an Everton fan but underlined why, even saying in emails "Jason Manford is shite, have you got two tickets to the moon?".

She ended up going herself with a non footy interested mate. The day after the parade she said to me "why are Everton fans so nasty and take everything so serious?, it's only a game of football?". She said she'd never really noticed how bad they were until 2 years ago. 

She said that loads of Evertonians made nasty comments when her husband put up photos of the parade with their kids. Best one was "I can imagine them to be even worse if Liverpool ever win the Premier league" 

31 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The irony being that, to a man, they always go on about Klopp and the players "celebrating" the 2-2 against West Brom, like it's a trophy. 

14 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

A woman I work with is from Gloucester and had two tickets to see Jason Manford on the day of the European Cup final in 2019. She is married to a Liverpool fan but has absolutely zero interest in footy.

Her husband said that he wanted to watch the game in town instead so she tried to sell the tickets. Everyone who replied was an Everton fan but underlined why, even saying in emails "Jason Manford is shite, have you got two tickets to the moon?".

She ended up going herself with a non footy interested mate. The day after the parade she said to me "why are Everton fans so nasty and take everything so serious?, it's only a game of football?". She said she'd never really noticed how bad they were until 2 years ago. 

She said that loads of Evertonians made nasty comments when her husband put up photos of the parade with their kids. Best one was "I can imagine them to be even worse if Liverpool ever win the Premier league" 

That is it - my mates are not Liverpool fans, and love winding us up - but they quite enjoyed the celebrations around 2019, which obviously meant they attracted the ire of the blues. One is a Newcastle fan says 'they've made me hate them, and they are insignificant'. It really is a case of getting to know them. 

I grew up just off City Road, so obviously I fucking hate them. Had everything thrown at me down the years - the fact I shrug winds them up even more, they seem to want a reaction. Fucking warped weirdo's. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

The irony being that, to a man, they always go on about Klopp and the players "celebrating" the 2-2 against West Brom, like it's a trophy. 

Ha, yeah.

Also "Are they still going on about Pickford?"

When they still go on about every bit of misfortune they've ever had since 1977.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

Just when you thought you’d seen it all. 

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Ha, yeah.

Also "Are they still going on about Pickford?"

When they still go on about every bit of misfortune they've ever had since 1977.

Since 1977? Since 1915! 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Get what right? 6 managers in 5 years - no trophies in 26 years. What do they get right exactly? They are Steve Buschemi looking in the mirror and seeing Brad Pitt staring back! 

Well, there's that stadium they moved into two years ago. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-mayor-says-everton-new-11337859

34 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Well, there's that stadium they moved into two years ago. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-mayor-says-everton-new-11337859

I go on Skyscraper city every so often. One "insider" who has been involved in the project has been saying every week since February that "work is starting onsite next week". 

Check out the very last paragraph..... do they just make things up on the spot? 

dead_soft

Player Valuation: £40m
Well this is irrelevant to this thread and excuse me for that but it is always bothering me when I only see one side of the coin in this topic of racism. Why is anyone relating racism with our club in the late 80s and early 90s when there were national front and white pride graffities in the kop stand?
Let's also see how Everton corelates with the Irish refugees earlier in time, in contrast with lfc. What the board's stand was and which of the two teams had more Irish refugee supporters? It was us. Which team had fans stabbed by Rangers fans calling them "f-in' fenians"? It was us. Decades of racism in England were a general phenomeonon that existed in almost every team. Do some people here really know our history or are they just clinging on the things that kopites, the supporters that just some years ago defended a racist biting player, say about us?

It is irrelevant to this thread and we shouldn't try and do a 'but what about them?' when talking about shameful parts of our history. They may well have their own stuff but that's for them to deal with and not face up to. We shouldn't be trying a 'but everyone was bad' or 'well actually we had bad happen to us'. Was shameful, should be faced up to. That's the end of it.

Dixie_Toffee

Dixie_Toffee

Player Valuation: £25k
I am not here to start trying to erase parts of the club's history or anything. What I am saying is that it is somewhat crazy to categorize a club as racist, in a period of time when its attendances varied between 40.000 and 78.000 because of a loud minority on the stands, while other teams had similar loud minorities. You could say that Everton became the media scapegoat for racism in the stands at some point, because only a really small percentage of those numbers had those views. You can also blame the board policy on the matter and that is fair, because if the board didn't point to a different direction soon enough, then the minority surely was encouraged.

I'm not denying anything, my point is that you can't name a club racist or anti-racist when you are talking about a mixed crowd of 40.000 to 78.000 people. You could surely say that there is a racist or anti-racist faction in the stands but talking about "racist clubs" in that way is somewhat illogical. It's plain numbers that translate to social relationships, and we should do the math by counting how many people were also against all that...

Some food for thought about our current club's PR and marketing department. There were many lfc racist incidents in the past and they were all over the internet but you can't find some of them any more because lfc has requested them to be removed from search engines as part of their marketing policy I guess... Should our club do the same?