You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Couldn’t have put it better. Quite honestly this day has confirmed to me what many knew for a while, football is just a business, the players, managers and owners only care for one person and that’s themselves.

The fans mean nothing to them, doesn’t matter if you’re someone who’s had a season ticket for 25 years, someone who gets up at 4am to watch half way across the world or someone who was spent their life loving a football club. 

What absolutely kills me is there are obvious snakes and parasites in the world of football, Mino Raiola, Allardyce, Perez who’s now back with Carlo after sacking him all those years ago as well as the gang of scum along with him that all tried to take football away from us not too long ago. At the very least though these people are clear and honest about what they are.

Carlo Ancelotti, a man of great respect, class, a real footballing man, he’s just as bad as the rest of them. Words mean nothing from these liars. It’s all just lip service until they can get to their next multi million pound bonus.

The thing that hurts most with Carlo is he could’ve coasted here quite easily, get us consistently into the Europa League, challenge for the CL but miss out and go on cup runs. He’d have been treated like royalty by us, instead he chose to opt to go back to Madrid, who are in crisis, where they’ll hound him out if he gets only second in the league.

He literally had a free pass to do anything with us, look at him now he just finished 10th and he’s gone to Madrid, it doesn’t matter how good or bad he would’ve done with us. If anything getting us consistently into Europe would’ve been seen as a great accomplishment for him and he’d have been paid a kings ransom to do it.

• Upvote 2

The Ancelotti thread on GOT is a sight to behold over the past 24hrs. From man of integrity and elder statesman of the game, to conniving snake who brought shit football. It’s a glorious lesson in having the balloon of self-delusion pricked by the pin of reality. They’re now desperately hanging their hat on a line in the Mail suggesting Real, Barca and Juve will be banned from Europe for a season by UEFA.

Got to laugh at them. 

The ESL clubs taking football away from them. Fuck me they can't even qualify for Europe so would have e made no difference to them most years. Might even allowed them to qualify for Europe in 10th

11 hours ago, scudger99 said:

Grim reality starting to set in now.

NorthernBlue

Player Valuation: £8m
Europe is pie in the sky stuff right now

We have no manager, we have a failing DOF with an awful track record, we have older players bought specifically to play under Ancelotti, we are the butt of the joke right now.

We are looking at a perfect storm here, and it could go very badly wrong.

Toxic mix of players from 4 managers now. Majority are average at best. On sky high contracts. We are deffo in implosion territory here

I fear for them, I really do. 

11 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Screenshot_20210601_213959.jpg

That 1st sentence reads like he fucking died!

9 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Does this mean the balance of power on Merseyside hasn’t changed hands after all? I was certain it had this time.

You mock. Just wait till next season, Carlo was holding them back. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You seriously missed that? They were top of the iTunes chart for three hours in September with that Spirit of The Blues song. The fella who wrote the tune even made it onto that night’s Granada Reports. 

Passed me by that.

Until I hear it from Dave Lee Travis Im not having it

He left for far more pressure, a yearly need to win trophies and play attractive football and the did all that for less pay! 

In no circumstances is that a 'better' job - less money and more pressure, but he still prefers that to High Horse FC. Who will no doubt now revert to type and boo Eddie Howe out of the job in a year or so (the only reason they didn't boo Carlo was because they were not in the fucking ground). 

12 hours ago, scudger99 said:

Grim reality starting to set in now.

NorthernBlue

Player Valuation: £8m
Europe is pie in the sky stuff right now

We have no manager, we have a failing DOF with an awful track record, we have older players bought specifically to play under Ancelotti, we are the butt of the joke right now.

We are looking at a perfect storm here, and it could go very badly wrong.

Toxic mix of players from 4 managers now. Majority are average at best. On sky high contracts. We are deffo in implosion territory here

Of course. Right now.

41 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The Mosh was going to pull the trigger? Yeah, ok Dom...

Oh no, please don’t give me a get out of jail free card along with a £20m pay off. Because that’s exactly what would have happened and the indignity of following in the footsteps of literally every manager they’ve had between him and Moyes is a a small price to pay for a big sum of money.

I like the way they console themselves with the fact that Moyes left for United, Koeman 'left' for Barcelona, Brown Shoes 'left' for Belgium and now Carlo has left for Madrid. 

My girlfriend has left me and I am back to wanking myself silly on a Friday night - but she left me for a much better looking lad than me, with more money and better prospects - so actually, when you think about it - I am winning. 

• Upvote 7