You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

8 hours ago, Block305 said:

They really are fucking mongs. No one's celebrating 3rd nor taking the piss out of city for winning the league. The piss is being taken for losing the CL when they thought they just had to turn up.

And the irony is this from the 4 game Champions!

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

No laughing at the back

roydo

roydo

Staff member
Kendall for one forged a great team which contained no ‘star’ players at the outset ( excepting maybe an ageing Gray).

Never ever gets the credit neither. Pound for pound, the best side modern English football has seen.

(Clough broke the bank for Shilton, and Francis). If Howard did spend big to build that side, I missed it.

They are right about Clough spending big though. That late 70s team of his really was a mix of waifs and strays, discarded players from bigger clubs, and massively expensive signings. 

The rascals are having a bit of fun (well the football is over so they can) suggesting Gerrard 'come home' as their manager. Why Gerrard would take a step down is beyond me.

Sean Dyche has been mentioned, as has Eddie howe. 

But they seem confident they can get Conte. 

Could next season finally be the one they are flushed from the premiership. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Poster said:

The rascals are having a bit of fun (well the football is over so they can) suggesting Gerrard 'come home' as their manager. Why Gerrard would take a step down is beyond me.

I’ve got more chance of hiring Conte to be my concubine than they have of hiring him as manager. Although it might be worth it if they do a reality TV series, just to watch him react to Iwobi, Gomes,  Rodriguez and Tom Davies.

4 minutes ago, Poster said:

They are too good to go down at moment, and i know the old saying about 'too good' to go down....but they are.

However it is only a matter of time (and not a lot of it) until they do, they are despite all the money they throw at it deeply mediocre and the knife edge of deep mediocrity to dropping is not that wide.

Their fall is coming and it is going to be great when it comes.

There hasn't been any high profile drelegations for years though. You could say Newcastle but the way Mike Ashley runs them it isn't that much of a surprise. 

The teams who normally come up always seem to go back down or a team who has flirted with relegation for years. 

I'd think it would be hilarious if they went down but I just can't see it. 

On 31/05/2021 at 08:28, Anubis said:

They'd be lucky - and I mean incredibly lucky - to get £10-15m for that lot, and most of that would be for Iwobi, who's probably at least got some intrinsic value.

They're either not very valuable because they're not very good (Besic and Kenny - can you see them getting more than a couple of million for either of them?), on more wages than the market they're selling to can afford (Tosun, Bernard and King all look Turkish or lower French league-bound, who'll not match their current salaries without some sort of discount), won't go unless it's to a decent club and will happily trouser the wages and run their contract down (Gomes won't fancy slumming it, he'll just phone it in until he can move on a free), over the hill and just looking to run their contract down (Delph doesn't give a fuck any more, he's basically a playing version of Ancelotti himself), or just plain old fucking out of contract anyway (Bolasie'll be gone at the end of the month no matter what).

The irony is I could see them getting some joy securing some Ancelotti-type players - late 20-somethings getting fat on the benches of the hyper clubs, who'll be more than happy to dump them on Everton and trim the wage fat. By the sounds of things, Brands won't have that, so we could see some fireworks coming over the next couple of months.

I FEAR FOR THEM, I REALLY DO.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Poster said:

rafa would be a real candidate for them. 

this does however prove the bloos right. despite us saying to them this was his retirement job, it would seem it is not. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

rafa would be a real candidate for them. 

this does however prove the bloos right. despite us saying to them this was his retirement job, it would seem it is not. 

I think Howe is the perfect option. It's about his level, he's a blue.... it works. Ancelotti managing them was like me having a fling with Jessica Alba 

• Upvote 1