You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I think he’s got a point. The fans and players didn’t want it, but both those clubs competing in the final wanted out of the competition.

He's a bit more specific in his follow-up. As ever it would have affected them uniquely-

https://twitter.com/theesk/status/1398755408316076036?s=20

Not sure why that won't embed properly.

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

For someone who constantly bangs on about Everton needing to get in the CL to get their revenue streams up for their new stadium, it's a bit hypocritical to moan about it like it is the anti christ.  

What's TSL? Is this some Everton speak for ESL? His only issue with the ESL was they weren't invited along, the fucking big bellend. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Wow. There's a lot to work with here.

20210530_111409.png

Funnily enough, it would have enhanced their chances of winning the CL given the big clubs would no longer be in it. Finishing 10th would likely mean they qualify for it for a change.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Funnily enough, it would have enhanced their chances of winning the CL given the big clubs would no longer be in it. Finishing 10th would likely mean they qualify for it for a change.

That's what I thought. My understanding was that the 6 simply signed up for a new, midweek European competition (that you didn't have to qualify for) rather than the champions league. But most supporters of other teams seem to be under the impression that the "big 6" were abandoning them by fucking off to start their own league. I wonder, how on earth they could have been so misinformed in this way?

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

That's what I thought. My understanding was that the 6 simply signed up for a new, midweek European competition (that you didn't have to qualify for) rather than the champions league. But most supporters of other teams seem to be under the impression that the "big 6" were abandoning them by fucking off to start their own league. I wonder, how on earth they could have been so misinformed in this way?

Where's Gary?': Sky Sports ad pokes fun at Neville after Liverpool win  league | Express & Star

Although to be fair, the communication from the breakaway clubs was absolutely atrocious.

36 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.”

"if you give an Evertonian a half baked conspiracy theory involving Liverpool you give them an opportunity to bang on about it for a lifetime"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

He's a bit more specific in his follow-up. As ever it would have affected them uniquely-

https://twitter.com/theesk/status/1398755408316076036?s=20

Not sure why that won't embed properly.

If you're gonna post a "look at me I'm intellectual" tweet at least fucking spell properly you piss ridden virgin 

matty1878

Player Valuation: £70m
Yeah a mixture of COVID and Man City bloodying their noses has put an end to the current anti competitive system - I remember reading UEFA may also start making economic sanctions on clubs that break the rules rather than sporting sanctions i.e. bans on playing in Europe which will likely be to stop future Man City's taking them to court.

I dont trust UEFA to bring something sensible in however at the very minimum I think this current summer will essentially be clubs spending what they want with UEFA looking the other way during the transition period - as you say COVID has hit many leagues hard and even the big super league boys who aint bankrolled need the likes of us and Villa to be throwing money at their squad players.

Personally think if EFC had sense they would chuck a good £150 million at it this summer and go for broke.

I think we will ;)

49 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Correct. But the narrative driven by carragher, neville, fat cunt samuel and the rest, was the clubs were setting up a rival to the premier league when the reality was a rival to UEFA's Champions League.

As with lots of things now, if you repeat the lie enough times it becomes the truth.

The real truth, in the PL at least, is that the lesser clubs hold back our top clubs from competing on an equal footing with Europe's elite. Most of the clubs in the PL are only concerned about losing their PL status and the riches that come with it. They dont give a fuck about the 'integrity' of the PL, just that they stay on the gravy train.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Pete said:

Hope they go bust.

Part of me wishes that.  But then on the other hand they are constant source of warped misguided hilarity.  Rather than go completely bust, let their unicorn stadium cripple them and send them freefalling down the divisions.

I could knock one out to that, no problem.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, scudger99 said:

Part of me wishes that.  But then on the other hand they are constant source of warped misguided hilarity.  Rather than go completely bust, let their unicorn stadium cripple them and send them freefalling down the divisions.

I could knock one out to that, no problem.

I could get on board with this once but the problem is they're not really funny anymore. Unless by 'funny' you mean myopic, lying, nasty little scumbags who would happily see people hurt as long as they could get some tenuous blame attached to Liverpool FC. The amount of incendiary bile that gets spouted by the classy, Corinthian minded bloos would lead to arrests if it was directed at any other sections of society. Fuck them, outside of their own little warped minds nobody would give a flying fuck if they disappeared tomorrow.

• Upvote 3