You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 25/05/2021 at 05:59, DalyanPete said:

The Glass Half Full Perspective On The Season

johnnydawg68

johnnydawg68

Chairperson, People's Front of Saint Domingo

Spirit of the Blues
I don’t think I’ve ever had as much fun being an Evertonian as when we were Brazil in August and September and we were #1 in the table, the music charts, and the movie charts (Howard’s Way). [Poor language removed] Miley Cyrus. Twittertonia was actually a fun place to be for a while. A world in which I’d never thought I would live. It felt like the dawning of the Age of Aquarius was upon us. It wasn’t, but it was fun while it lasted. A lot of fun.

I quite liked this entry...... 

Voldemort is Dead
It’s over. The streak. The curse. The shame. Everton won at Anfield. I rarely cry anymore outside of a well-crafted commercial featuring old people or animals, but I’ll admit a salty discharge began to seep from my eyes in the hours after the game. I didn’t expect to feel that way. Probably because I never expected to win there ever in my lifetime. But Everton made me feel joy - real joy - that day. And I’m grateful for that. It may never happen again, or we might just make it Goodison South. Who knows? All I know is that it was the best moment I’ve had as a Blue. I hope it doesn’t remain the best moment, but for now, I’m not going to pass it by.

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I quite liked this entry...... 

Voldemort is Dead
It’s over. The streak. The curse. The shame. Everton won at Anfield. I rarely cry anymore outside of a well-crafted commercial featuring old people or animals, but I’ll admit a salty discharge began to seep from my eyes in the hours after the game. I didn’t expect to feel that way. Probably because I never expected to win there ever in my lifetime. But Everton made me feel joy - real joy - that day. And I’m grateful for that. It may never happen again, or we might just make it Goodison South. Who knows? All I know is that it was the best moment I’ve had as a Blue. I hope it doesn’t remain the best moment, but for now, I’m not going to pass it by.

Nice to see them setting their sights so high once again.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Over on GOT, Catcher’s acolytes have rallied around after he was taken to task by gladwysknight on the Usmanov thread. Any dissent now marks you out as a Kopite.

Oh yeah they let him post absolute bollocks like this 

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
Most owners make managerial errors, liverpool, employed Hodgson for example.

They have also, in wages and transfers spent probably more than any team in world football in the last 3 years to win the same number of leagues as Blackburn. They've got the 3rd highest wage bill in world football and have won zip again. Astounding financial mismanagement.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh yeah they let him post absolute bollocks like this 

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
Most owners make managerial errors, liverpool, employed Hodgson for example.

They have also, in wages and transfers spent probably more than any team in world football in the last 3 years to win the same number of leagues as Blackburn. They've got the 3rd highest wage bill in world football and have won zip again. Astounding financial mismanagement.

right-dr-evil.gif

• Upvote 2

They're absolutely pointless hence why their transfer spending, the fact they have a manager (and his son) on massive wages and their abject performances doesn't get picked up upon and analysed by the nation media, because nobody cares, ask a random fan in the country to list the 20 Prem teams, Everton are probably the "oh yeah!" team that nobody gets until the reveal. Pointless, like throwing a bucket of water into the sea to make it wet  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jockey said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p09g0x79/the-monday-night-club-uniteds-fans-and-ancelottis-lasagne - this is quite good. Mark Chapman tries to get them to criticise them - but Sutton and Richards aren't having it - Rory Smith does at least point out that they have bought shit. But their net spend is one of the biggest in Europe. 

The fact they talk more about Lasagne than Everton say's it all really.....

They just stopped short of saying Ancelotti is pasta it

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

The fact they talk more about Lasagne than Everton say's it all really.....

They just stopped short of saying Ancelotti is pasta it

It is a bit galling. This week, Sutton was his usually malcontent saying 'Liverpool had a disastrous' season, as Rory Smith and Richards were saying it was actually quite positive given the circumstances. But, here he is offering support to them. 

Fails to mention that Anceloti decided to cook Lasagne, he bought the pasta, the mince and the tomato's - can't really criticise when it turns to shit. And the fact that Everton under Silva were all about Paella - says a lot. 

Had some lad that I work with go on about how shit Liverpool were in the 90s and if they brought out an updated DVD/ streamable version of our history that the 90s would be airbrushed out. 

Took him apart when I said it would basically be better that Everton sin ce the second world war bar 2 seasons in the 60s and 80s each.

The entire decade of the 1950s, 1970s and everything since 1995 would be airbrushed. Also reminded him that despite being shite in the 1990s we still won a League, and FA Cup and a League cup to Everton's one FA Cup. 

They don't get the idea that if you are going to take the piss at least do it from a better position or have something of note to come back with to reinforce your pisstaking. 

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Most spent in world football without winning anything.

Then explain all the transfer windows they have won, explain all the moral victories they have had, explain all the "redshite didn't win this weekend" cups.

Whats that you say, not real trophies, well fuck a duck, they may not be but the sportspesa trophy was real.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SlugTrail said:

Then explain all the transfer windows they have won, explain all the moral victories they have had, explain all the "redshite didn't win this weekend" cups.

Whats that you say, not real trophies, well fuck a duck, they may not be but the sportspesa trophy was real.

They lost that didn’t they

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Had some lad that I work with go on about how shit Liverpool were in the 90s and if they brought out an updated DVD/ streamable version of our history that the 90s would be airbrushed out. 

Took him apart when I said it would basically be better that Everton sin ce the second world war bar 2 seasons in the 60s and 80s each.

The entire decade of the 1950s, 1970s and everything since 1995 would be airbrushed. Also reminded him that despite being shite in the 1990s we still won a League, and FA Cup and a League cup to Everton's one FA Cup. 

They don't get the idea that if you are going to take the piss at least do it from a better position or have something of note to come back with to reinforce your painstaking. 

No different to my Southampton supporting mate taking the piss when we lost to RM in the CL final.