Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Anyone would think they specifically chose to build it in a Victorian dock that needed filling in with a load of buildings around it with heritage concerns just ro drag it out for as long as possible.

It's mental isn't it. Surely the 1st question any of them should have is "why didn't you apply for planning permission at the same time as the stadium?".

 

I often did question how they'd fund it - in fact I was certain they couldn't, but the money for players and the season on season losses are being funded to an extent you have to assume the money is there. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Ancelotti is just boosting his pension these days. Perhaps getting his son’s foot in the door at a comfortable mid-table club like Everton.

This is the interesting thing from them both from here. As you say, he's boosting his pension pot and if a good job comes up, I'm sure he'll go and if not, he'll happily retire when he's done at Everton.

 

But if ancelotti doesn't work out, where do they go from here? They've hired all the types of manager and will never get a better pedigree than ancelotti. They're really no better a team now than they were under Moyes, Ronnie the red and Bobby brown shoes (well obviously aside from winning the league in September). They've spent a fortune on players (wages or fees) for all of their managers since moshiri took over, yet they're just the same team and if you look at what they need, there's loads of work to do. It could be this season is just dodgy for the no crowd thing (someone said to me the other day their home form since crowds were stopped in December is worse than ours, I don't know if that's true), but can you just imagine the shit they'd have got -especially little arms - with the shite they've served up this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Ha. Just realised that Tosun has a league winner’s medal with Besiktas. Does that make him the most highly decorated Everton player in the current squad?

 

Hamez won all those league titles and Champions Leagues while sitting on the Real Madrid and Bayern benches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d forgotten about Rodriguez (easy to do he goes missing that often). They are having a conversation amongst themselves about fucking him off in the summer. Galactico. I’ve also noticed that their newfound Colombian fan base has disappeared...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Davy Klassen won the league with Ajax this season. 

Got the sum total of 7 league appearances to get up to speed with the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normal procedure is to run listed consent applications in parallel with planning. So they've either fucked up by overlooking this consent or they are just dragging it out while they get funding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is I wish they would build it. It'll look good on the waterfront and it'll have no effect as to what happens on the pitch. It could bankrupt them, or at least get them fully intertwined with the Uzbeki criminal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anubis said:

I’d forgotten about Rodriguez (easy to do he goes missing that often). They are having a conversation amongst themselves about fucking him off in the summer. Galactico. I’ve also noticed that their newfound Colombian fan base has disappeared...

Almost like they never existed in the first place. Bogotá blues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They thought they’d get a free ground like city did when it looked like we had a chance of getting the commonwealth games and backed themselves into a corner by making a big fanfare over it.

 

Instead, we had absolutely zero chance of getting the games and they were the ones left holding the bag. 

Lad I know works for LOR and is one of the main men on the build. He was telling me yesterday  that this is defo going ahead but the costs are already in excess of £750m for it.


All that money spent and it’ll still be 10,000 seats smaller than our place. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Red74 said:

They thought they’d get a free ground like city did when it looked like we had a chance of getting the commonwealth games and backed themselves into a corner by making a big fanfare over it.

 

Instead, we had absolutely zero chance of getting the games and they were the ones left holding the bag. 

Lad I know works for LOR and is one of the main men on the build. He was telling me yesterday  that this is defo going ahead but the costs are already in excess of £750m for it.


All that money spent and it’ll still be 10,000 seats smaller than our place. 

 

So how much do they have to come up with themselves? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, joeyk said:

So how much do they have to come up with themselves? 

That’s the £750 million question. If that super league would have came off they’d have been putting a few extra metres of cladding on the timber yard and staying there forever 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it goes ahead and they go bust then it ends up like a bigger version of the echo arena. 

 

More than likely it will end up like Valencia's new stadium or one of the hotels on the Costa Del Sol that get half built.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

£750m never happening. Who and why would anyone pay it, loan it?

They could crowd fund it. If every Everton fan in the world put in £10 they would reach .. er .. £300,000. Oh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

They could crowd fund it. If every Everton fan in the world put in £10 they would reach .. er .. £300,000. Oh!

Any money would be dodgy they are football non-entities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

They could crowd fund it. If every Everton fan in the world put in £10 they would reach .. er .. £300,000. Oh!

Even if they put in £1k each then that wouldn't even build a quarter of one stand!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They'll be going full nuclear over today. We got away with our first as it wasn't a free to us, the disallowed goal for them and we scored after the 4 mins were up. Fucking glorious piss boiling haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, niallers said:

They'll be going full nuclear over today. We got away with our first as it wasn't a free to us, the disallowed goal for them and we scored after the 4 mins were up. Fucking glorious piss boiling haha

Head’s falling off everywhere...

 

We fucked their weekend and they hadn’t even played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×