You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I dont think Everton have any affiliation with any other club like that. We all know they support whoever plays us but that's not the same as having a proper relationship with a club. Just like they dont have any rivalry with any other clubs 

What about the Z-cars derby with Watford????

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

We used to get Rangers fans on the Kop one week, Celtic another, in the 70s. No bother with either. Probably because we have never needed to mine the depths of sectarianism to feel relevant.

I've definitely seen Rangers versions of that half & half hat that Stig's got as his avatar.

32 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've definitely seen Rangers versions of that half & half hat that Stig's got as his avatar.

Yeah - i was mates in the late 80's early 90's with one of the lads who used to do the 'hat, cap, scarf or a badge' from a paste table and he used to sell them.

Always said sold a pretty evenish amount of both with Celtic ones edging t because of Hillsborough.

And of course back then the 'Celtic/Rangers' shout used to be a regular occurence from The Kop.

I always thought personally that Everton fans tended to lean more towards Celtic back then too.

It was never really clear cut either way though IMO, you'd find plenty both ways in both supports.

I was at that UEFA cup game when Celtic knocked us out at Anfield and Celtic fans were fucking everywhere that night, all over ground....no trouble in and around ground, but heard stories of a few bits of agg in the ale houses.

• Like 1

Do Scottish fans regard Liverpool fans as "English"?.

My Dad used to go to Scotland years ago and said that pubs and clubs would hear Southern accents and tell them to fuck off while they seemed to welcome scousers. 

He went to a pub in Glasgow after a footy tournament and there was a team from London who queued up for ages but the bouncers told them to do one but let the team from Liverpool in no problem. 

In the 80's, those Celtic & Rangers half'n'half hats were common place on the kop. There was even a Celtic/Rangers chant on the Kop.

The Celtic leaning fans would shout "Celtic!" and the Rangers cohort would callback with "Rangers!". This was loud, lasted a while and happened every game as I recall.

Edit: Just noticed @an tha called it out before me and in more detail. Props to him.

2 hours ago, Jennings said:

In the 80's, those Celtic & Rangers half'n'half hats were common place on the kop. There was even a Celtic/Rangers chant on the Kop.

The Celtic leaning fans would shout "Celtic!" and the Rangers cohort would callback with "Rangers!". This was loud, lasted a while and happened every game as I recall.

Edit: Just noticed @an tha called it out before me and in more detail. Props to him.

Yes, I remember the very confused look on a Rangers fan's face when it started - as he looked around the Kop like some sort of tattooed meerkat.

Aah daily Blue nose lies. We definitely want sea levels to rise just so a mid table team with no trophies this century don't get to play in a stadium that by the time it's built will still hold 8k less than Anfield once the Road End is re-developed.

Death

Death

Why you do this to me Connor
It doesn't get more Liverpool football club than hoping a world wide catastrophe happens in the form of sea levels rising.

And not in a tongue in cheek way. Many have convinced themselves its on the cards and smirking about it. You shouldn't be locked up for having an opinion ever. But Jesus, if you were to, that would be a good candidate.

53 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Aah daily Blue nose lies. We definitely want sea levels to rise just so a mid table team with no trophies this century don't get to play in a stadium that by the time it's built will still hold 8k less than Anfield once the Road End is re-developed.

Death

Death

It doesn't get more Liverpool football club than hoping a world wide catastrophe happens in the form of sea levels rising.

And not in a tongue in cheek way. Many have convinced themselves its on the cards and smirking about it. You shouldn't be locked up for having an opinion ever. But Jesus, if you were to, that would be a good candidate.

Good to know the sea rising will only affect that area and not flood the whole of the Merseyside region and potentially some of the Northwest... Because that's what will happen, right? 

Just now, Pete said:

Good to know the sea rising will only affect that area and not flood the whole of the Merseyside region and potentially some of the Northwest... Because that's what will happen, right? 

We don't care though mate, let people die as long as the boo's don't 'get ahead'. 

Fucking maniacs. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

We don't care though mate, let people die as long as the boo's don't 'get ahead'. 

Fucking maniacs. 

Well if Macc becomes a seaside town to the detriment of the bloos that's good by me. 
Yeah I'm a selfish cunt, Fuck everyone else. I want a beach front property. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Death

Death

Head of the ‘Save the Rep’ campaign.
  •  

From the fanbase who were made up a worldwide pandemic turned up 

5 minutes ago, Stickman said:

From the fanbase who were made up a worldwide pandemic turned up 

I know! As soon as talk of football being cancelled you can guarantee a shit load of them were hoping the numbers would rise so much that continuing the season became impossible. 

19 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

Liverpool the city as we all know used to have a sectarian issue but it never infiltrated the clubs thank god.

I've always wondered about this, has anyone ever written an article or recorded audio/a podcast on why this didn't occur? 

Was it the fact Everton were from a Methodist route with Liverpool being formed as after a board/commercial dispute, thus not having the straight antagonism the two Glasgow club would have derived from oppositional  community links?

I vaguely remember relatives indicating Everton were loosely seen as the team Catholics were more likely to support  back in the 50's/60's, but that eroded with Liverpool's success, the high number of Irish players and the bonds through the Celtic connections.

15 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Do Scottish fans regard Liverpool fans as "English"?.

My Dad used to go to Scotland years ago and said that pubs and clubs would hear Southern accents and tell them to fuck off while they seemed to welcome scousers. 

He went to a pub in Glasgow after a footy tournament and there was a team from London who queued up for ages but the bouncers told them to do one but let the team from Liverpool in no problem. 

I think there is definitely a distinction with 'Scousers, Manc's and Geordies' not seen as negatively as those from 'Englandshire' (that later word often dripping with a level of xenophobia that is hard to communicate). As is well known a decent chunk of the population have a baseline level of dislike for the 'English' which gets exacerbated by the Scotland voting in a completely separate way from England (see Brexit and numerous recent General Elections), it's difficult to disentangle this as I find in general people aren't that into thinking about their prejudices, but mentions of the large northern towns with identifiable cultural characteristics are usually met with some modicum of acknowledgement that they are in a similar boat.

So they're blaming us for global warming now?

I've posited this idea before. If you want to see their little bloo head's explode with indignation, just come to a deal with Sefton Council and Wirral MBC to erect two nice big digital banners either side of the mouth of the Mersey, which will display WELCOME TO LIVERPOOL - HOME OF LIVERPOOL FC' and a digital Champions Wall listing our trophies.

On a similar theme - massive ground adverts facing the Sky at John Lennon airport. More of the same.

On 29/03/2021 at 13:48, Doctor Troy said:

Works better than 1860 Everton. 

At least Espanyol have been in a European final since the turn of the century. 

Espanyol are the Spanish Everton.

Both play in a famous port city, both live in the shadow of their far more illustrious and more famous city counterparts and unless you Googled them, you'd have no fucking idea where they are from. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Espanyol are the Spanish Everton.

Both play in a famous port city, both live in the shadow of their far more illustrious and more famous city counterparts and unless you Googled them, you'd have no fucking idea where they are from. 

Hahaha god I hope we've got a few of the farts lurking who see that. 

Actually no I don't. Domestic violence and all that. 

9 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

I've always wondered about this, has anyone ever written an article or recorded audio/a podcast on why this didn't occur? 

Was it the fact Everton were from a Methodist route with Liverpool being formed as after a board/commercial dispute, thus not having the straight antagonism the two Glasgow club would have derived from oppositional  community links?

I vaguely remember relatives indicating Everton were loosely seen as the team Catholics were more likely to support  back in the 50's/60's, but that eroded with Liverpool's success, the high number of Irish players and the bonds through the Celtic connections.

Would be interesting to get an expert insight into it definitely. I always thought it was down to the clubs residing in the same area of the city meant the communities they tapped into were also the same mix of people. Maybe things would be different and more in line with that dickhead Catcher’s dreamworld version of reality if the clubs formed individually and in opposite ends of the city, who knows. I do find it amazing there wasn’t an openly Irish club with the northern part of town having such strong celtic lineage but it didn’t happen and anyone pretending otherwise is kidding themselves. I’m proud of the football heritage of our city and fuck gobshites like that bitter trying to twist and sully it. Cunt.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Dom Charters said:

Wasn’t long before our blue brethren tagged us in to the council scandal fall out, we’re now in the dock for benefitting from Redrow Homes; 

https://members.boardhost.com/everton-forum/msg/1617138043.html

Fuck me that message board is pure aids. The 90’s just called wants it’s HTML1 code back, tramps.

• Upvote 4

On 28/03/2021 at 22:42, Bjornebye said:

Setting examples now

I have watched it again. It still brings tears to my eyes or happen I am jkust a silly old fool.

The fulfillment of the new stadium and the Goodison project will do more the city than has ever been done by that lot over the way something as Evertonians we sould always be proud of.
I know the first bit especially I was like wow.. real tear jurker, we do have an amazing football team... I honestly cannot think of any other club that does so much for it's own city.

Could of easily sold the land and make some sort of recoup, however the club has decided against this especially during this difficult times.
The club has not only said that we don't want money for the land but have also said we will help regeneration in the goodison areas! Building places that can be used by the people of the city no matter whom you support...

Also they haven't gone and cut corners by the docks but spending over 50m pounds in restoring the old docks and buildings l

Absolutely amazing!!

Setting an example to other city's and leading from the front.

I don't feel we're getting enough credit in the media

Hopefully they get toffeelover to do the spelling in the new stadium. 

"Blues - you sould be proud of your new stadium. We sould be top of the League."