You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

It’s all very weird that the planning permission is granted as soon as all these shenanigans are revealed.  If I were to hazard a guess then I reckon the Ev were still hoping stuff would die down around Anderson and they could get their public funding.  The delays were probably half on them wanting it to be put back.  Now the tories are taking over the council have basically gone yeah here’s your planning permission go for it.  From a local point of view it’s a win win.  If the local football team want to spend 500m quid building a stadium why would you ever stand in their way.  It’s just free investment which will boost the local economy.

I’ll admit I’ve laughed at them because I didn’t think it would get built.  The basis of me thinking that is because it wasn’t financially viable and it still isn’t.  The money they will spend building the stadium will be far more than the value that is added to the company for a potential buyer so Moshiri won’t make his money back that way.  It isn’t going to generate enough money on top of what they already make from goodison to pay for itself never mind actually make them bigger profits to spend on players.  Add this to the fact that the ticket prices are going to go up and the weather down there is horrific at winter time and this could all go sour very quickly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

The Royal brown mersey. 

It does look a good stadium to be fair and develops a derelict area of the city.

You put a lipstick on a pig. At the end of the day it's still a pig. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Good for them, good for the city. 

I don't think it's either.  They need to do something about the state of Goodison, but the vastly expensive unicorn bowl - which will saddle them with unmanageable debt for decades, securing many more years of on-field mediocrity - is not the answer.

Similarly, that area (like King's Dock before it) needs regeneration, but it does not need a white elephant to sit empty 330 days a year and block all the roads the rest of the time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

Just being the end of them wouldn't be a bad outcome .

They're all over Twitter and rather than enjoying the moment virtually to a man it's all about kopites being jealous

That they are building a ground with a smaller capacity then our current capacity and we’re expanding ours further?

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

Just being the end of them wouldn't be a bad outcome .

They're all over Twitter and rather than enjoying the moment virtually to a man it's all about kopites being jealous

That is why they will forever be in our shadow, irrespective of anything they do on or off the pitch, it is always about us. They really need to move on from us and start enjoying their own team as opposed to obsessing about us. *

* Obviously only writing the above because my head has fallen off. 

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

That is why they will forever be in our shadow, irrespective of anything they do on or off the pitch, it is always about us. They really need to move on from us and start enjoying their own team as opposed to obsessing about us. 

I spot a flaw in your logic!

Although I actually agree.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I spot a flaw in your logic!

Although I actually agree.

I know, I did think that when posting but everything is relative. This has been a good season for them, best manager in a long time and now positive stadium news. They should be enjoying it. 

4 hours ago, Talismanic said:

Seen this place on BBC news this morning, they will need a bigger cabinet if uncle Uzzie's funds help them overtake this guy.

Cuckooland coincidently is also the place where they live.

Cuckooland1JPG.jpg

The firsts just keep on rolling in.

Everton, the first club to exist in the 'cloud' long before any of this internet thingy.