You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. Messaged my mate last night who was crowing about our bubble bursting after the Utd draw in the league saying Klopps been found out. “What happened to you finishing above us?” His reply? “Obsessed lad youse have just won and your more arsed about us” and he meant it as well. Saddest bastards on the planet 

Did he say "youse" just to prove his untra Scouseness?

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Do most people think this type of behaviour is confined to the inter web or do you find this poison has wormed its way into the workplace etc? I never hear this Heysel obsession in the open, day to day very strange.

Deffo not limited to this tinterweb thingy. Heard it more than a couple of times when i was working.

They say Liverpool are a cult but they hate anyone who doesn't buy into their dogs of war/school of science/people's club/everton are so unique mantra. It's why Moyes did so well, even when he finished 17th one year they still liked him because he played up to all their bitterness having sly digs at us, which also took the pressure off him.

The prerequisite for any Everton manager is that they "understand" the club, which means they used to play for them or latch onto the fact they measure their entire existence against Liverpool. They despise Koeman because he wasn't interested in all their contrived bullshit. 

They love Duncan Ferguson so much because he charged round like a lunatic kicking and elbowing people but because he had an Everton tattoo and made out he loved the club despite scoring no goals and taking thousands out the club being injured. 

They hate anyone giving us any praise about our stadium, fans and impact on world football but they always want outsiders to recognise how much of an historical club they are with a unique identity. They've done fuck all for years yet go off their head if they don't get mentioned in the media all the time.

It's like in Mike Bassett when they ask Pele about 5 times who he thinks will win the World Cup but never mentions England. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They say Liverpool are a cult but they hate anyone who doesn't buy into their dogs of war/school of science/people's club/everton are so unique mantra. It's why Moyes did so well, even when he finished 17th one year they still liked him because he played up to all their bitterness having sly digs at us, which also took the pressure off him.

The prerequisite for any Everton manager is that they "understand" the club, which means they used to play for them or latch onto the fact they measure their entire existence against Liverpool. They despise Koeman because he wasn't interested in all their contrived bullshit. 

They love Duncan Ferguson so much because he charged round like a lunatic kicking and elbowing people but because he had an Everton tattoo and made out he loved the club despite scoring no goals and taking thousands out the club being injured. 

They hate anyone giving us any praise about our stadium, fans and impact on world football but they always want outsiders to recognise how much of an historical club they are with a unique identity. They've done fuck all for years yet go off their head if they don't get mentioned in the media all the time.

It's like in Mike Bassett when they ask Pele about 5 times who he thinks will win the World Cup but never mentions England. 

Excellent analogy and unfortunately very true.

• Upvote 1

il_794xN.653155941_8lw5.jpg

I've still got one of these in my cupboard from 1986. It reminds me that it never used to be this bitter. Barely a murmur about Heysel back then, despite it only being a year later. It was the same in '89. I think the shitter they got, the more they needed something or someone to blame. I suppose it's easier to blame us rather than perhaps some chronic mismanagement on their part.

• Upvote 14

16 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

il_794xN.653155941_8lw5.jpg

I've still got one of these in my cupboard from 1986. It reminds me that it never used to be this bitter. Barely a murmur about Heysel back then, despite it only being a year later. It was the same in '89. I think the shitter they got, the more they needed something or someone to blame. I suppose it's easier to blame us rather than perhaps some chronic mismanagement on their part.

Yep, it only started getting mentioned around the mid nineties.

There were no nasty comments about killing our own fans or serves you right for killing Italians around in 1989. It's just a blanket excuse to hide the fact that they've been badly run for years.

Their myth about their great team being broken up by the ban was completely destroyed on here a few weeks ago listing all the players they had and where they ended up.

It wasn't like Red Star Belgrade's 1991 team being picked apart by Europe's elite clubs. 

• Upvote 1