Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 2168 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yeah.

They wouldn't say "one rule for the Premier League and one rule for the FA Cup" because, y'know, that would make sense.

"Red shite" 

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yeah.

They wouldn't say "one rule for the Premier League and one rule for the FA Cup" because, y'know, that would make sense.

Evertonian logic - Never let facts or reasoning get in the way of a good moan about der redshite.

23 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

83/84 season average attendance 19,000. Did they knock a stand down or something!

Massive club though.

Everybodys crowds were down then....hooliganism and Thatcher being main two reasons.

But that is really low.

I think we had a fair few in the high 20's around that time but would guess (i haven't checked) our average would be around 30,000...maybe a touch more.

14 minutes ago, an tha said:

Everybodys crowds were down then....hooliganism and Thatcher being main two reasons.

But that is really low.

I think we had a fair few in the high 20's around that time but would guess (i haven't checked) our average would be around 30,000...maybe a touch more.

There was a photo on Twitter yesterday of an empty Kemlyn road stand while Terry McDermott was taking a corner Vs Arsenal in an FA cup replay. Probably around 1980/81.

Guess who were the first set of cunts to go on about it like it was a trophy to them. 

31 minutes ago, an tha said:

But that is really low.

Yeah I think our average was around 32,000 for Div One games then. Grim times and if you had a job, plenty of people looked to put food on the table rather than go to a game.

48 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah I think our average was around 32,000 for Div One games then. Grim times and if you had a job, plenty of people looked to put food on the table rather than go to a game.

Didn’t help that the club seated large portions of the ground massively reducing capacity and increasing ticket prices in an era like you said where parts of the north were on their knees.

Our crowds have been really healthy over the decades and normally bigger than Everton’s which is amazing considering our tiny presence in the city.

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Is right.

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

There was a photo on Twitter yesterday of an empty Kemlyn road stand while Terry McDermott was taking a corner Vs Arsenal in an FA cup replay. Probably around 1980/81.

Guess who were the first set of cunts to go on about it like it was a trophy to them. 

Mocking people in the same city, affected by the same problems  who couldn't afford to go the match.

Classy.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Their game on Sunday has been postponed due to Villa having a Covid19 outbreak.

Just waiting to see the reaction for two reasons:

1. That Villa were forced to play Friday against der redshite and it's one rule for us and one rule for everyone else.

2. They will moan that it has ruined their momentum but will completely forget about the "people are dying" routine that they kept parroting last season. 

On point one they do have a point. The rules say if you have 14 players then you play. They should be playing. Everton will have to reschedule 2 games into an already tight schedule. If they progress in the Cup it will become 3 or 4 games, I could see a situation where they play City in the last 2 game of the season and try their hardest.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

Didn’t help that the club seated large portions of the ground massively reducing capacity and increasing ticket prices in an era like you said where parts of the north were on their knees.

Our crowds have been really healthy over the decades and normally bigger than Everton’s which is amazing considering our tiny presence in the city.

Definitely, you should never understand the determination of Norwegians to get to Anfield, even under to most economically challenging of times. Just ask the Codes.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

On point one they do have a point. The rules say if you have 14 players then you play. They should be playing. Everton will have to reschedule 2 games into an already tight schedule. If they progress in the Cup it will become 3 or 4 games, I could see a situation where they play City in the last 2 game of the season and try their hardest.

Good job they don't have European football to worry about then.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Definitely, you should never understand the determination of Norwegians to get to Anfield, even under to most economically challenging of times. Just ask the Codes.

agent-smith-lots.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

£50m before even planning permission has been obtained. 

Could end up being about £700m in total.

Careful! Dont city fans say we 'hid' failed stadium redesign in our accounts to avoid UEFA FFP? The fact we were not in Europe at the time didnt seem to bother them nor the fact they were given a near £130m brand new stadium in exchange for Maine Road valued at £6m!

34 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They want to sell naming rights for the new stadium, lot’s are interested apparently.

The Jody Comer Corner.

The Dame Judy Dench End.

Sly Stallone Stand.

I hear the bed company dreams are looking at a full stadium sponsor.

50 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They want to sell naming rights for the new stadium, lot’s are interested apparently.

The Jody Comer Corner.

The Dame Judy Dench End.

Sly Stallone Stand.

The Les Dennises Spunk Bucket End 

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Careful! Dont city fans say we 'hid' failed stadium redesign in our accounts to avoid UEFA FFP? The fact we were not in Europe at the time didnt seem to bother them nor the fact they were given a near £130m brand new stadium in exchange for Maine Road valued at £6m!

Yeah and the bent bastards pay a token amount to Manc City Council per year for rent and cpin in a fortune off the naming rights of the ground that isn't theirs.

I appreciate the sponsorship of the ground would not be same if they weren't there, but still what an advantage.

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The Jody Comer Corner.

The Dame Judy Dench End.

Sly Stallone Stand.

Killing Eve(rton)

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The Jody Comer Corner.

The Dame Judy Dench End.

Sly Stallone Stand.

The Lonsdale Lounge.