You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That's nearly 4 months old. I'd say lots of things have changed. 

Rather strange we heard about the 14 player rule but didnt hear any change prior to Newcastle though. Have to say I was surprised when Newcastle games were postponed because nothing had changed.

I can understand different rules especially in UEFA competition or between the PL and EFL.

We heards loads about PL clubs talking 3 times in separate stakeholder meetings about the 5 subs issue yet nothing about the change in playing with a covid outbreak.

46 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Rather strange we heard about the 14 player rule but didnt hear any change prior to Newcastle though. Have to say I was surprised when Newcastle games were postponed because nothing had changed.

I can understand different rules especially in UEFA competition or between the PL and EFL.

We heards loads about PL clubs talking 3 times in separate stakeholder meetings about the 5 subs issue yet nothing about the change in playing with a covid outbreak.

I've not checked, but I'd assumed from the start that if you've got any positive tests, then everyone who has been in contact with them needs to isolate until they've tested negative. If that means the whole team has to isolate, so be it. If the tests take a couple of days, then it's not a problem most weeks.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

If it wasnt for City calling that game off in 2020 we would have went on to win the league that year. The momentum would have took us to the title  Evertonians 30 years from now.

And City had to call the game off because the RS brazilians deliberately got the City brazilians infected with Covid.

city's claim about getting it in London after playing arsenal doesnt stack up. They've played chelsea, everton and southampton and none of those clubs reported any covid cases.

This is nothing more than easing their crowded fixture list and covering a couple of key player injuries. Yes, Im a cynical bastard but it is the sporting paragons of integrity manchester city we're talking about here.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've not checked, but I'd assumed from the start that if you've got any positive tests, then everyone who has been in contact with them needs to isolate until they've tested negative. If that means the whole team has to isolate, so be it. If the tests take a couple of days, then it's not a problem most weeks.

Er no. The clubs are supposed to have 'fire breaks' in place so if one player has a positive, he's not passing it around to team mates. We've had a couple of players have a positive but we didnt have swathes of other players having to isolate. Maybe it's because we're better run or maybe city are pulling a fast one?

25 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

city's claim about getting it in London after playing arsenal doesnt stack up. They've played chelsea, everton and southampton and none of those clubs reported any covid cases.

This is nothing more than easing their crowded fixture list and covering a couple of key player injuries. Yes, Im a cynical bastard but it is the sporting paragons of integrity manchester city we're talking about here.

If that's the case, they're only kicking the can down the road to a possibly worse time for injuries. At what point do they get to reschedule these games? They've already played one game less, so now they've another to contend with, before even discussing the possibility of having yet another, if they have to postpone the Chelsea game at the weekend

26 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Little doubt in my mind they have used the situation with positive tests to force a postponement.

Of course everybody wants to be careful around covid and whenever it is an issue it becomes delicate - they clearly have cases, but they have without doubt for me used the situation to wriggle out of a game on a 48 hour turnaround - exploited the situation.

Everton with injuries to key players have offered no resistance, everyone involved is 'happy'...PL are seen to be being careful and the two clubs are happy to not play.

SpongeBob brown shoes

SpongeBob brown shoes

Player Valuation: £40m
Looking at citys fixtures they could fit a midweek game in at the end of January which I expect will be the villa game? (Think it's them) then they have a midweek available at the end of February which we will probably get, they are free the Wednesday before we play the RS so fully expect it to be then

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

If that's the case, they're only kicking the can down the road to a possibly worse time for injuries. At what point do they get to reschedule these games? They've already played one game less, so now they've another to contend with, before even discussing the possibility of having yet another, if they have to postpone the Chelsea game at the weekend

Yes, Im sure they've gamed that possibility. But let's face facts, this is a busy time of year with games thick and fast. They have an EFL semi against united then the FA Cup starts on 8, 9 and 10 january.

Players are more likely to pick up muscle injuries playing every couple of days in the next 2 weeks than 2 or 3 more games spread out through the rest of the season.

Everton said in a statement on Monday that they would request "full disclosure" of all the information Manchester City provided to the Premier League in order to gain a clear picture as to why the match was called off at such short notice.

Seems Everton are a bit unhappy

I think there should be full transparency around a Premier League match being postponed with mere hours until kick off. That Everton haven't seen the information is really poor from the Premier League.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

An away game against a team in relative good form, one of only three teams who will have home fans, two days after playing on Boxing Day?

I wouldn't trust that shower.

And an away to Chelsea 3 days after that. 2 tough games now becomes much easier with more time to prepare.