You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

Guess someone should tell him James and Allen will be 33 in four years time ...

@TheGwladysSt

Give the man time and we will progress. Please, bare in mind, we only signed Doucoure, Allan, James Rodriguez and Godfrey for a combined £60m under Carlo and it took over £400m + 4 years to win a trophy under Klopp.

Guess someone should tell them how much they have spent and how much Klopp spent net in those 4 years. Must be the usual nutter for a red. How much have they spent in that time for nothing and what is the net spend.? Bloons!

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Imagine the fume if they got 60 odd million for DCL and Moshiri just used it to pay off their debt.

Cue decades of “where’s the DCL money?”

COVID has fucked everything, Brexit hasn’t even joined the party and this is a club that lost over £100m last year and needed a £30m windfall from uncle uzzy for an entirely legitimate naming rights on a stadium that doesn’t even have planning permission. That’s one expensive traffic cone. 

You would have to be some level of dumb not to see that the reason their owner was so keen to invest was the prospect of a free new stadium. Get a new stadium, a decent manager and the club in Europe and then sell for a big profit. Easy money?

For a man that escapes the taxing life of the UK by living in Monaco, he’s a shite gambler. There’s a thing called a ‘sunk cost fallacy’ in which ‘Sunk cost fallacy’ is the decision to follow through with a business venture or financial investment simply because you've spent money on it. The sunk cost fallacy ignores the potential outcome of continuing on with the investment, even if it means you lose more money or end up regretting your decision in the long-run.

In his defence nobody could have predicted a pandemic, and he might have been assured of council cash if the commonwealth games gift had not materialised. Surely these long drawn out fan consultations are just a delaying tactic. Sure everyone wants to get it built, but without someone willing to finance it, it won’t get built. You’d have to be madder than a box of frogs to consider Everton fc a decent risk for financing. You wouldn’t give them a mobile phone contract based on their credit record. 

But of course I’m just an envious redshite, European cups and league titles are fuck all compared to some windy pit next door to a sewerage works. 

The person I feel sorry for is Dan Meis, the architect of the new proposed stadium, this is a man that even got an Everton tattoo. He was jibbed off and said “Unfortunately, I am not currently engaged in the project. How that was handled is one the greatest disappointments of my career, and at the appropriate time I will comment.”

Getting involved with Everton is a series of great disappointments, I could have told him that. 

• Upvote 8

11 hours ago, Red74 said:

Whose gonna want to buy them at the price Mosh will want just to get his money back and then commit to another half a billion to fund a ground that’ll struggle to make its money back in this lifetime 

Well his choice mightn't be "what he wants". He might just want to stop it dragging him down. He's put hundreds of millions into Everton and they're running at a loss, but he's not rich like usmanov. In fact his wealth comes from pocket money off usmanov. Now it could be he doesn't care as he has enough on uncle uzzie that he'll keep sorting him out, but there's every chance like all investors where he just has a "stop" number. There's been all kinds of owners in the league over the years who've done just that - come in, spent with an expectation on success and when it's clear it's too hard, just pulled away and sucked up the loss. And once you've decided to stop, there's 2 ways. Keep running at minimum investment, just enough till you find someone who'll buy at your exit price or you have a fire sale on players, recover what millions you can and then just sell out to whoever will take it. 

48 minutes ago, aws said:

I fear for them. 

I dont. They are big 'boys' after all not some Bury or Macclesfield who had to scrimp, save and fright real hard for every penny. This lot have squandered a king's ransom and blame everyone else for their plight. Sorry, they blame us for it.

Themoney they hav squandered would have kept half the 4th tier afloat for the next decade. So no, I dont fear for them. Id' literally not shed a tear for them if they went the way of Bury or Macclesfield etc. Fuck 'em.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont. They are big 'boys' after all not some Bury or Macclesfield who had to scrimp, save and fright real hard for every penny. This lot have squandered a king's ransom and blame everyone else for their plight. Sorry, they blame us for it.

Themoney they hav squandered would have kept half the 4th tier afloat for the next decade. So no, I dont fear for them. Id' literally not shed a tear for them if they went the way of Bury or Macclesfield etc. Fuck 'em.

Wooosh. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I'm think aws had tongue firmly stuck in cheek. You've made him look like Thomas Muller now.

1 hour ago, Jedd Drudge said:

Moshiri has loaned over £350m to them, surely they can't be worth much more than that. 

Well Newcastle could have been sold to the Saudis at around 300m, but they're not trying to build a new stadium. It's like the same discussion as when we were for sale a couple of times. Come and spend 2 or 3 hundred million on an asset, then double that for their stadium and stick in a few more hundred million in because the team is shit. If moshiri bought Everton to make money (which I accept is possible he didn't), then at.some point he cuts his losses. Gets 150m back from 3 sales and then tries to clear as much as he can from selling them. He's supposed to be worth 2.5bn dollars. With acquisitional costs and loans, he's probably already in for about a third of his worth. And they're still losing money and don't have planning permission. 

18 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Call it wishful thinking but all this throwing money at Ancelotti, at overpriced players, the stadium, cosying up with Fat Joe, a dubious owner - i can't help but think (wish) that the whole thing is going to come crashing down on them Leeds-style. 

On this subject again, this report makes enjoyable reading. They published the report last January. so the new one is due, including the Covid hit. Maybe they will delay publishing it?

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/19-20/news/39094.html

Everton report reduced debt but record losses

Everton report reduced debt but record losses

Lyndon Lloyd Tuesday, 14 January, 2020

Everton have announced flat revenue, significant reduction in net debt but losses of £111.8m for an extended financial year ending June 2019 at this evening's AGM.

The club's annual report shows turnover of £187.7m, very slightly down from the previous year thanks to merit payments of £24.9m and total broadcast income of £132.7m, with total commercial and sponsorship income rising 40.6% to £29.1m.

In addition, Everton's debt fell from £65.7m last year to just £9.2m but outgoings on player trading and wages, plus off-field investments in Goodison Park, Finch Farm and the Royal Liver Building meant that the club registered record losses for the 13-month period after interest and taxation.

That takes the club's losses over three years to around £94m, still under the £105m threshold mandated by Uefa's Financial Fair Play regulations.

Meanwhile, Commercial Director, Sasha Ryzantsev, said that Everton's owner, Farhad Moshiri, has increased his personal investment in the club to £350m.

A statement from CEO Denise Barrett-Baxendale said: “The set of accounts released today reflect our ambition and position as a Club in the early stages of an investment programme. We have been aware of and planned for the impact the investment would have on our short-term profitability and this is part of a long-term sustainable business plan that demonstrates our commitment to operating in a financially sustainable manner.

“Thanks to the support of our majority shareholder, Mr Moshiri, we have been able to invest significantly in our first-team squad.

“Looking forward, investment in a world-class new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock offers us all an insight into the future of our Club and underlines our ambition to take the Club forward.”

The club's Annual General Meeting of Shareholders took place at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall and it began with a challenge by Professor Tom Cannon to the re-appointment to the Board of Director of Football Marcel Brands. The Dutchman was duly-re-elected after a vote.

It was also announced that USM Holdings, the company part-owned by Moshiri, and his long-time business associate, Alisher Usmanov, have paid £30m for the option for the naming rights to the proposed new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.

Moshiri himself was absent from the AGM due to talks with a potentially significant financial backer of the stadium project. 

They don't have the commercial deals of other clubs, and have to rely on their immense, sold-out crowds for revenue. On that basis, you have to worry for them, you really do.

On 03/12/2020 at 14:06, dockers_strike said:

How many times have English teams contested the Champions League Final since the ban was lifted? We've been in 4 finals, the mancs 3 or 4, chelsea 1, arsenal 1, spurs 1.

The only time they even 'qualified'  was when the premier league ignored UEFA's protocol of forwarding the previous year's winners, us, ahead of the 4th placed PL club.

The cunts have had plenty of time since Heysel to qualify for the CL but the truth is, they've been shit too often. Fuck 'em.

To be fair, UEFA’s rule was to let national associations decide who would qualify if it was a choice between the Champions League holders or a team who finished 4th. And to be fair to the FA, they somehow managed to get five English teams into the competition. So it wasn’t the English authorities ignoring protocol so much as their getting the best possible deal, far better than could have been expected or hoped for, for English clubs as a whole. 

There was only one precedent for a country having the same situation, when Real Madrid won the Champions League in 1999-2000 but only finished fifth in La Liga; consequently Real Zaragoza got stiffed (they have never qualified for the CL before or since, so they would have every right to feel miffed). 

Obviously it was pretty lousy that we had to fanny about with the interminable qualifying rounds, and lose our pre-season. But that was somewhat balanced out by the hilarious site of Everton winning their ‘moral victory’... and failing to get through to the group stages anyway.

Everton were given a complete free pass, an opportunity that had been denied to other clubs in the same situation. And they ballsed it up. Because they weren’t very good.

And that is exactly why every single reference to the ‘Powers-that-be’ conspiring against Everton being successful are bollocks. Instead they’re just a bit shit.   

• Upvote 1

And they’re off....

davek

Player Valuation: £80m

By the way, absolute 'kin disgrace that lot allowed the bulk of fans onto the Kop last night. A slap in the face for all those who've suffered Covid19 and an unforgivable insult to the families of those lost to it. They're not called the murderers for f.a

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m

This is not right. Not by a long chalk. I challenge anyone to defend that arrangement.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.gett

That does not look like 1 metre, never mind 2 metres apart. 

I wonder if the government will be prepared to pull it's finger out and take any action? Probably too busy levying 70k fines on small businesses for trying (wrongly) to make ends meet. 

I mean, are they ever wearing the masks properly?

davek

davek

We will find out come Saturday mate. They are not the only team I’ve seen with fans looking crammed together, seen a pic of reading fans all crammed in too. Fans shouldn’t be allowed back until the vaccine is rolled out if covid is so rampant.

You would think the champions of England would be wanting to set an example - and the authorities to demand it of them - of social distancing in a pandemic and looking to show how responsible that the game can be. That photo up there I posted underlines that they had no intention of fulfilling that.

The club that allowed the Atletico match to go ahead with devastating consequences showed a complete disregard for the well being of their own fans and the wider population. Again.

davek

davek

That does not look like 1 metre, never mind 2 metres apart.

I wonder if the government will be prepared to pull it's finger out and take any action? Probably too busy levying 70k fines on small businesses for trying (wrongly) to make ends meet.

I mean, are they ever wearing the masks properly?
It's a disgrace, and done for competitive reasons.