Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 2059 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Recommended Posts

Apparently he loves living in Crosby.

 

Goes the Crows Nest for a pint and goes to Twentymans barbers who has tons of Liverpool memorabilia including loads of Istanbul stuff. His head must have fallen off after he saw it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fume rising 

 

 

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Ralph Hasenhuttl has claimed Jordan Pickford should be banned for Everton's match at Southampton on Sunday following his “absolutely disastrous tackle” in the Merseyside derby.

But the Saints boss reckons James Rodriguez will play at St Mary's.

England keeper Pickford escaped punishment for his reckless challenge on Virgil van Dijik. And Hasenhuttl said: “It was a horrible tackle to be honest.

"We have more often the situation now that the game goes on although it is offside and then some duels happen that don't have to happen normally. This is an issue. But you cannot go like this into a duel.

"This is an absolutely disastrous tackle. And I think sure it can be a red card but in the end it is a quick decision from the referee and then it wasn't. But the tackle by itself, when you only see the tackle, was horrible yes.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Goes the Crows Nest for a pint and goes to Twentymans barbers who has tons of Liverpool memorabilia including loads of Istanbul stuff. His head must have fallen off after he saw it.

If he had a proper Bloo's encyclopaedic knowledge of all things Red, that name would have tipped him off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I am expecting not to be able to remember the name of the VAR official in maximum 43 days, never mind 43 years.

We go on about our past, they go on about a past they never had.

True story.

 

A few days ago, I asked my mate how he was, and he replied, "Life is coote". I asked what on earth are you talking about, then he told me he was still pissed at the VAR ref.

 

I had already forgotten who that bastard was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real victim in all of this is Jordan Pickford, according to Phil Kirkbride in the Echo...

 

"For the purposes of this discussion, we're not talking about the vile and hideous stuff directed at him - and his family - by the morons on social media, or the excessive reaction to what happened with Virgil Van Dijk.

Yes, it was reckless - "mistimed" as Ancelotti said - and he could easily have been sent off, but done with malice and on purpose? Forget it. Pickford isn't the only one who's gone over-the-top here."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prentice was on at least four complimentary tickets a game back in the 00s so wouldn’t surprise me if Kirkbride is the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Prentice was on at least four complimentary tickets a game back in the 00s so wouldn’t surprise me if Kirkbride is the same.

To be fair I think the reporters on both sides in the echo are just mouth pieces for their clubs. They're not real journalist who could make a living doing actual journalism, they're just random fellas who get an echo press pass which gives them disproportionate access to the club. The moment they don't toe the party lines the access will be reduced. They're all as good as on the payroll. I don't think this is much different for any of these journalists who are dedicated to one club. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Fume rising 

 

 

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Ralph Hasenhuttl has claimed Jordan Pickford should be banned for Everton's match at Southampton on Sunday following his “absolutely disastrous tackle” in the Merseyside derby.

But the Saints boss reckons James Rodriguez will play at St Mary's.

England keeper Pickford escaped punishment for his reckless challenge on Virgil van Dijik. And Hasenhuttl said: “It was a horrible tackle to be honest.

"We have more often the situation now that the game goes on although it is offside and then some duels happen that don't have to happen normally. This is an issue. But you cannot go like this into a duel.

"This is an absolutely disastrous tackle. And I think sure it can be a red card but in the end it is a quick decision from the referee and then it wasn't. But the tackle by itself, when you only see the tackle, was horrible yes.”


Yeah, that was on SSN this morning. 
 

Look at this way - Martial got a 3 game ban for his red v Spurs, Pickford has got nothing for ending somebody’s season after 5 games...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Apparently Joyce’s head as fell of. They fucking love that phrase and drop it into the most trivial of football debates. It impossible to have a difference of opinion without our head falling off. The fucking knob heads. 


Yeah, it’s bizarre our heads are always the ones falling off despite us winning domestic, European and World Championships in the last 18 months. 
 

I’ve drank so much celebrating in that time, I’m surprise my head hasn’t actually fallen off. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

The real victim in all of this is Jordan Pickford, according to Phil Kirkbride in the Echo...

 

"For the purposes of this discussion, we're not talking about the vile and hideous stuff directed at him - and his family - by the morons on social media, or the excessive reaction to what happened with Virgil Van Dijk.

Yes, it was reckless - "mistimed" as Ancelotti said - and he could easily have been sent off, but done with malice and on purpose? Forget it. Pickford isn't the only one who's gone over-the-top here."

He's talking fucking bullshit there. There was clear intent on taking the man out, with or without the ball.

 

From Virgil's perspective, I dont know if it had been better his leg was snapped in two. I mean a leg break is clear and obvious. You cannot walk around a pitch and 'look ok.' A clear leg break would focus a lot more minds in the authorities than any serious knee injury does. I guess he'd be out for a lot less time too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think relations between the two clubs are now irrevocably broken. There are many reasons for this and it’s been bubbling away for years but it’s well on it’s way to becoming the most poisonous rivalry in British football outside of Celtic and Rangers. I remember a time when most Liverpool fans disliked Utd more than Everton. That’s no longer the case imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I think relations between the two clubs are now irrevocably broken. There are many reasons for this and it’s been bubbling away for years but it’s well on it’s way to becoming the most poisonous rivalry in British football outside of Celtic and Rangers. I remember a time when most Liverpool fans disliked Utd more than Everton. That’s no longer the case imo.

Let's be honest, it's only Sky keep trumpeting this 'friendly' derby bullshit that makes many think it still is. If you actually go the derby, people would know the poison is every bit as bad as when we play the mancs.

 

Ive only seen Liverpool twice at old trafford and that was when we werent playing them. I valued my life more. I havent been to a derby at the pit for goodness knows how long for the same reason. It's just not worth the risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My lad wanted to use my use my brother's season ticket in the Gwladys for the derby a few years back when Sadio scored his last minute winner , now I've stood on the same terraces to watch a derby many years ago but there was no way I'd have let him go to that match I just didn't want him getting filled in by those bastards for slipping up and revealing that he was a red .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Someone go put a VVD shirt on the dixie Dean statue just to piss them off. 

No, high horse FC would love that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

My lad wanted to use my use my brother's season ticket in the Gwladys for the derby a few years back when Sadio scored his last minute winner , now I've stood on the same terraces to watch a derby many years ago but there was no way I'd have let him go to that match I just didn't want him getting filled in by those bastards for slipping up and revealing that he was a red .

I watched the premier league years yesterday and it was 99/00 when Campbell scored the winner that the kop end and a load of them jumped up behind the goal. Could you imagine that these days?! Especially at their place. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On social media etc, I’ve seen many light hearted posts regarding 1995, cuckoo clocks, Derby record etc etc, just banter, not nasty, they got nothing to come back with except murderers, wall pushers, always the victims. It always takes two but I’ve no doubt that the Ill feeling in the Derby is caused by them cunts. It’s no surprise that it’s gotten worse since we’ve been boss as they really have absolutely nothing to rip us about. So just turn nasty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched the premier league years yesterday and it was 99/00 when Campbell scored the winner that the kop end and a load of them jumped up behind the goal. Could you imagine that these days?! Especially at their place. 

Not in a month of Sundays I wouldn't set foot in there at any time never mind a derby 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Not in a month of Sundays I wouldn't set foot in there at any time never mind a derby 

Went there once with my bloo mates for Graeme Sharp's testimonial. Spent most of the game looking around at what a shit hole it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it started in the mid 90s. They barely mentioned Heysel during the ban or the early part of the 90s. They were made up that the Mancs were winning because it pissed us off more.

 

Loads of us went to the pub by mine for the 1995 Fa cup final and were made up that they beat the Mancs, them winning a trophy didnt really bother any of the reds there. The next year we lost against the Mancs and all the blues turned nasty singing Cantona songs and rubbing our noses in it. Was working in a restaurant and the Evertonians were laughing about it all night saying how much they fucking hated us an that they were made up the Mancs were winning everything because it pissed us off.

 

Worked in an office after that and there were some proper bad bitter twats working there who were more arsed about Liverpool than Everton. But you pull them up on it and they get even nastier.

 

Went to the Gary Mc derby in 2001 and saw a lot of fights outside the ground. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

For me it started in the mid 90s

When they stopped winning things. 

2 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

On social media etc, I’ve seen many light hearted posts regarding 1995, cuckoo clocks, Derby record etc etc, just banter, not nasty, they got nothing to come back with except murderers, wall pushers, always the victims. It always takes two but I’ve no doubt that the Ill feeling in the Derby is caused by them cunts. It’s no surprise that it’s gotten worse since we’ve been boss as they really have absolutely nothing to rip us about. So just turn nasty. 

The problem is though, they have nothing to come back with, they don't just want to go "fair enough 1995" they want to reply but they have nothing to reply because their club has been so spectacularly mediocre. So it starts as a small minority and as the years have passed and they go further away from looking like a team that wants to compete, so more and more of them end up the same. I'm pretty convinced if they had a couple of seasons where they could get their joy from watching their own team as opposed to taking all their joy from our defeats or misery, it might not be so bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×