Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 2050 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Now the dust has settled and I've had time to reflect on yesterday's game I have to admit the blue side of the city are looking the real deal now, a shift in power could come sooner than we thought. 

They scored two good goals yesterday.....they've got a brilliant manager too, they could defo win the league this season. They've been in the shadows of their neighbours for years now but the tide could now be turning. 

People need to accept that the blues are gonna be right up there at the end of the season

Well done Steven Gerrard and Rangers. 

• Upvote 17

10 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Nah, Dirk went in to fuck him up.

He was off the ground for longer than Newton’s law allows.

That’s not just a red, that’s GBH if he connects.

He was never going to connect because he was trying to block the ball. At worst it's a reckless challenge because his momentum carries him under him.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Pidge said:

He was never going to connect because he was trying to block the ball. At worst it's a reckless challenge because his momentum carries him under him.

It's still a red though, because he's not in control of what he's doing, he's just flying through the air feet first. It's not close to the challenge of yesterday, but there's no such think as 2XL red card, so unfortunately they're treated the same. 

I always thought the Kuyt one was reckless but looked like he was trying to block the flight of the ball and went across Neville rather than towards him. Probably a red card for being out of control but it’s a stretch for someone to point to it as an attempt to hurt someone.

I do still wince about that Gerrard two-footer though. Can’t take him anywhere!

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

It's still a red though, because he's not in control of what he's doing, he's just flying through the air feet first. It's not close to the challenge of yesterday, but there's no such think as 2XL red card, so unfortunately they're treated the same. 

It could have been, yeah.  I agree there's no comparison to what happened yesterday, but we're still talking about it because they hide behind this nonsense whataboutery.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I don't get it. 

The kid in the picture is Gerrards 10 year old cousin Jon Paul Gilhooey who was killed at Hillsborough.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

It could have been, yeah.  I agree there's no comparison to what happened yesterday, but we're still talking about it because they hide behind this nonsense whataboutery.

And there was no VAR then..I'm sure if there was VAR, Kuyt would have been likely sent off - although I can still see there's a potential grey area, it's just not a view I subscribe to, for me it's a red and assuming without red tinted glasses others would be more convinced than me it's red.

But I'm just not having anybody who has the slightest understanding of the laws of the game (and probably most people who don't!) could possibly watch that with the help of as many replays and angles as you want, could come to any conclusion it's anything but a red. It's just impossible. And they can't claim they didn't see it - the offside was reviewed because it's a potential penalty incident. Without the challenge from Pickford, there's no need to review the offside. So this is an incident that was being looked at, it is completely implausible to come to any other outcome as red. And if Coote managed to come to another outcome, he should be sacked on Monday because he clearly isn't even Sunday league level official. 

• Upvote 1

That 'tackle' by Dirk was worthy of a red for recklessness. I thought he was very fortunate not to get carded in that game. The only saving grace is he didnt connect with Neville, was it? That was another fractious derby and if Im right, Neville got sent off for deliberate handball from what would have been Lucas' first goal.

I dont see what reeling off past horror tackles benefits the shite's comments about yesterday though. If there's any decent blues left, they'll know their keeper was at the least reckless and crocked another player. I wouldnt be applauding pickford if he'd done that to Harry Maguire or any other team \ player Im not arsed about. Id feel the same about that challenge if it was done to one of the everton players.

That challenge was a leg breaker and it doesnt matter if 100 similar tackles like it have gone unpunished before. There's just no place for it in football.

Yeah, the red card not being given is ridiculous.  It's the same bloke who didn't send off Lo Celso wasn't it? Then they came out and said it was the wrong decision, which is quite a big move. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see/hear about him again. 

I'm not going to pretend I have a fucking clue what's going on with the offsides, where is offside, where the lines are drawn etc. They both look onside to me in the still. They need to look at this properly because it's an absolute farce at the moment. 

I didn't like VAR from the very first time I saw it in the World Cup, but even with low expectations, it's still managed to be far, far worse than I ever imagined possible. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

And that's Moise Kean who's tweeted that? Surely he wouldn't be that stupid?

Think it's not him, just one of those blag accounts.

39 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

It clearly isn't Moise Kean.

I'd imagine he fucking despises Everton.

Whoever it was is sick, cowardly and inhuman.

I've shed many a tear, as have many others for the victims of Hillsborough and the survivors and how any normal, sane person can do something like that is beyond belief.

Some things are fair game but some things really are not, particularly using the image of a child who lost his life in horrific circumstances.

Karma can be a bitch and I really hope it finds him.

• Upvote 3

There are reds who will say they don’t want to see them go down as they would miss beating them regularly in their cup final every season. 
Not me. As a murdering red shite I would not give two fucks if we ever played them again. They are a bunch of total cunts when it comes to us. I’m including family and close friends amongst this lot. 
They play City last game of the season. As much as it’s unlikely to happen, if it meant them getting beat to go down letting city pip us for the league I wouldn’t be too upset. 

35 minutes ago, corro said:

if it meant them getting beat to go down letting city pip us for the league I wouldn’t be too upset. 

The most Everton trait.  Not for me, as much as I hate them and wish they would clear off I want success for us before any other implication for any club.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, corro said:

There are reds who will say they don’t want to see them go down as they would miss beating them regularly in their cup final every season. 
Not me. As a murdering red shite I would not give two fucks if we ever played them again. They are a bunch of total cunts when it comes to us. I’m including family and close friends amongst this lot. 
They play City last game of the season. As much as it’s unlikely to happen, if it meant them getting beat to go down letting city pip us for the league I wouldn’t be too upset. 

I was with you till the end there. 

The van Dijk one on Mertens, he won the ball. People talk about that like he committed a murder, but it was simply bad luck.

Not remotely comparable to a clumsy twat like Pickford going in about 3 seconds late on him and Richarlison flinging himself needlessly at Thiago.