Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 2014 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You could say that about foreign support, but they seem to be embracing it! 

I'm not totally convinced Pablo_Escoblue_1878 and AntonioHibbert off GOT are real to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I'm not totally convinced Pablo_Escoblue_1878 and AntonioHibbert off GOT are real to be honest.

Especially as they both share your IP address....

• Upvote 3

Oh, hello, the fire sale is about to get under way. No sniggering at the back.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kean-iwobi-everton-ancelotti-overhaul-22687707

Everton's new signings have offered real hope after hitting the ground running - but also highlighted a pressing problem for the club.

While a completely new-look midfield brought rightful acclaim at Spurs on the opening weekend, it also emphasised the number of players now surplus to requirements who the Blues want to place in the shop window.

In fact, Director of Football Marcel Brands could realistically listen to offers for an entire shadow XI, as years of scatter-gun spending has caught up with the Merseyside club.

Some of those players will go into the shop window on Wednesday as manager Carlo Ancelotti looks to give his squad a run out against Salford.

Sandro Ramirez, Yannick Bolasie and Mo Besic have all returned from loans last season and will be offloaded should there be any interest,w hich is not guaranteed.

The same applies to defender Matthew Pennington, while Beni Baningime could be loaned out to gain more first team experience.

But it is a more established list of first team names which will arouse interest before the transfer window closes in October, with the club perhaps ready to listen to offers if the price is right, as they look to trim the squad to a more manageable level.

Cenk Tosun is still injured and may be difficult to shift, but Ancelotti will sell if he can. The likes of Theo Walcott, Gylfi Sigurdsson, and Bernard are likely to be squad players on big wages this season, and so could be shifted for any decent fee.

But it is recent signings Moise Keane and Alex Iwobi who will arouse most controversy, after being signed by Brands only a year ago, in a big spending spree last summer.

Neither has established himself and both could command decent fees, which would help balance the books after spending on James Rodriguez, Allan and Abdoulaye Dacoure this time around.

Such a move would be a tacit admission last summer’s spending hasn’t work, but the club may decide to cut their losses and clear up space in the squad, with interest in loan signings.

Everton have been in discussions over a loan deal for Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori and still hope to conclude a deal, while they have also been linked with Napoli’s Hirving Lozano.

54 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Sandro Ramirez, Yannick Bolasie and Mo Besic have all returned from loans last season and will be offloaded should there be any interest, which is not guaranteed.

That sentence is devastating. 

9 hours ago, The Guest said:

Honestly I think historic England need to fuck off.  It’s not like they’re knocking down the liver buildings here.  It’s an old disused dock that’s of no interest to anyone and never will be.  It’s not going to create as many jobs as they claim it will but it will create a lot of short term construction work and people will benefit from it here.

I wondered why they were going down to Parliament months ago singing the praises of the economic benefit of it all.  It looked like they were going looking for public money but it might just have been pre-empting this.  I actually feel like it is going to be built now.  They’re spending too much time and money on it for it not to be.

I do fear for them long term with this though.  Whoever is financing it is going to want their money back and it isn’t going to be from selling the club because they’re not worth anything even with a brand new stadium.  Paying it off themselves through profit they generate will kill them off on the pitch which could just spiral.  Not one of their fans ever seems to ask any questions about any of this.  It’s just build it whatever the consequences so we’ve got some banter points on the board.

I can see the arguments on both sides, however after careful consideration......

Fuck them, 

If the rumours of Sandro and Tosun’s wages are anywhere near ballpark they aren’t going anywhere.

Love the replies, some fella going on about Liverpool being a tourist club and about born, not manufactured then jizzing his keks that a load of Colombians watched Everton at the weekend. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That sentence is devastating. 

I'll bet if you go back and check when each player was signed, the fuckwits on GOT would have been claiming they were better than their redshite equivalent.  Then within a few months reality begins to dawn that they've invested in yet another shite player.

1 hour ago, scudger99 said:

I'll bet if you go back and check when each player was signed, the fuckwits on GOT would have been claiming they were better than their redshite equivalent.  Then within a few months reality begins to dawn that they've invested in yet another shite player.

Sandro was "a beast"!

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Sandro was "a beast"!

I didn't realise he was still with them- 8 league games in 3 seasons for them, and none since January 2018. Stunning coup.

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Love the replies, some fella going on about Liverpool being a tourist club and about born, not manufactured then jizzing his keks that a load of Colombians watched Everton at the weekend. 

A load of Columbians watched Rodriguez, not Everton!

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

A load of Columbians watched Rodriguez, not Everton!

They now think that they can get everyone in Colombia buying Everton shirts.

53 minutes ago, Elite said:

PabloEscoblue is a cracking name and without a doubt a red taking the piss.

Is there actually someone called that? I just made it up...

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Have they realised all these 'columbian' fans who supposedly now support the club because of james, will disappear like snow on a hot day as soon as he leaves?

Not once Everton has touched them they won’t.