You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

26 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

That cunt Keys crying it in now on Twitter about the 1st penalty,  he obviously hasn't read the new rules 

What new rules? I heard the armpit one. And I heard attacking accidental handball now only counts immediately before a goal is scored. I didn't hear any change for defenders. 

22 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

What new rules? I heard the armpit one. And I heard attacking accidental handball now only counts immediately before a goal is scored. I didn't hear any change for defenders. 

Here you go, pal...about it - not sure if any of that is news like!

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/2020-21-law-changes-explained

https://www.bt.com/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-rule-changes-2020-2021-season#:~:text=Handball,-IFAB have amended&text=The handball rule was clarified,a foul will be awarded.

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

The unnaturally bigger thing? I'm with you it's not news, I thought that had been the rule for around 15 years! Haha. 

33 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm sure someone put them up here about how the defender doesn't have to deliberately put his arm towards the ball I might be wrong 

1 hour ago, KMD7 said:

The hate is strong in this one.  Isn't he on GOT as well?

20200913_121539.jpg

2 pens per game makes it sound like we're constantly getting two every game, rather than two per season. Those yesterday were stonewall and indisputable, as were many of the ones we should have been awarded last season but never got. The Mancs get countless pens for all sorts of dodgy diving and other shit and they're 'clever' 'entitled to...' and all sorts of other mealy-mouthed justifications, but we get what we've been denied so many times and somehow we're spawny. 

2 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

2 pens per game makes it sound like we're constantly getting two every game, rather than two per season. Those yesterday were stonewall and indisputable, as were many of the ones we should have been awarded last season but never got. The Mancs get countless pens for all sorts of dodgy diving and other shit and they're 'clever' 'entitled to...' and all sorts of other mealy-mouthed justifications, but we get what we've been denied so many times and somehow we're spawny. 

They were obviously both pens, but I do think we've seen ones like that not given before, which is what our daveoth wants. 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Which one?

I'd say both. The handball one comes off his leg, loads of refs wouldn't have given that and the 2nd one, for whatever reasons some refs let go. I feel pretty certain had Oliver not given them, VAR wouldn't have over turned either of them. I do think they were pens like, I just don't think you always get them. 

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

They're fucking mad, arent they?

A defending team's player takes an attacker out at the knee in the box, nowhere near the ball and it's not a pen?

I was fuming last night with carragher and tyler on the first pen, especially carragher going 'it's harsh.' Has he not kept up to date with FIFA's new directive that if the ball hits a defender's hand \ arm in the box even if unintentional, it's now a pen? Obviously not.

I was streaming MSNBC.  It never even occurred to Lee Dixon to question the obvious handball or the obvious foul.