Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 2002 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

£22m they’ve paid for him.  I’m surprised they didn’t get stung for more to be honest.  He had a year left though Madrid will be laughing all the way to the bank.  He will play around 10 games I reckon this season if that.

16 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

They have signed Rodriguez, brace yourselves everyone, they're about to go giddy with declarations.

"I am really, really happy to be at this great club, a club with so much history, and here with a manager who knows me really well," James told evertonfc.com. 

"I'm looking forward to achieving great things here – and winning things, which is what everyone's aim is."

Ah well, unlucky lad. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

They have signed Rodriguez, brace yourselves everyone, they're about to go giddy with declarations.

Stock response. 'Genuinely chuffed for you, huge import into the english game and am expecting big things from him'. Said with a massive shit-eating grin.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

This is the flag 

1500x500

Nothing to do with us; they just really hate Rodgers & Hammerstein.

Also, did he accuse us of sucking off the Mancs? Which ones? The ones they're desperate to lose against or the ones they feed sarnies in The Brick?

A 2 year deal for Rodriguez its hardly a ringing endorsement is it , 22 million is not cheap for 2 years is it but hey no bother for our Billionaire neighbour's 

• Upvote 1

I see Rodriguez has won the league in Argentina, Portugal, Spain and Germany, on top of various cups, individual honours and his World Cup golden boot.

Just wait for the inevitable chirping about him having won more medals than anyone in Liverpool‘s squad, then drop in “The last Merseyside club import to be that well decorated was Red Ron’s Christmas tree”.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Cadbury's added to the Bitters cunt list.

Tagging the Mancs in like a good Uncle Tom.

I think we should go out and get a Lonsdale sponsorship just for shits and giggles.

5 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

I think we should go out and get a Lonsdale sponsorship just for shits and giggles.

Eating enough Cadburys will help with the shits part of it.

4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Hang on - a TWO year contract? What kind of football contract is that? 

He will fall apart faster than the fella who drives the truck into the toxic waste vat in Robocop. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

We should get sponsored by English Heritage to watch their heads explode. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

We should get sponsored by English Heritage to watch their heads explode. 

Or one-step further and just have "The powers that be" on the front of our shirt and Illuminati on the sleeve.

Well they finally slapped the money down.

Not sure what to make of Hamez or the deal. He's worked under Ancelotti twice already and been inconsistent, and there are some underlying injury issues which would go some way towards explaining why it is only a 2-year deal. He might completely tank or he might have a new lease of life and be a bit like Payet was for West Ham in his first year - a beacon of quality amidst a sea of mediocrity. We'll have to see if the player who lit up the 2014 World Cup is still there, or in name only.

Two years? He’ll have his feet up in the treatment room in no time.

Thinking about it there is a logic there. If he flops or is long term injured at least he’ll be off the wage bill pronto, unlike past expensive mistakes.

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Cadbury's added to the Bitters cunt list.

Tagging the Mancs in like a good Uncle Tom.

Cadbury sponsor half the league, they definitely have deals with Spurs,Chelsea and City, given time I'm sure they will get round to Everton.

Edit: Utd as well.