You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Amazing- they were in the relegation spots after the first dozen games or so and finished outside the top half, scoring less than a goal a game.

"Could have been contenders if we hadn't been beaten."

Call me a tinfoil-hatted loon, but I'm starting to think there may be a link between winning matches and challenging for trophies. 

• Upvote 2

So, instead of owning the reference to Hillsborough and recognising what they are becoming, Pilks doubles down and accused us of weaponising Hillsborough. This is what they are. This is what they have become through years of self-inflicted mediocrity - twisted and small.

Pilks

Player Valuation: £1.5m
I cant abide them but I guess if this type of stuff is allowed round these parts then we can remove the mural of the young everton girl and the young liverpool lad with 96 on it just off east prescot road , page moss way.

Shouts like that bring us down to their level. I'm pretty disgusted to be honest.
I'm going to be absolutely honest now, so please forgive me.

With the greatest of respect, this is utter rubbish. Why should this comment ('bunk in every game in history bar one') invalidate the support shown by our club, and the respect we have always shown to the victims?

We have never once even suggested the culpability of the police and other parties in the disaster. We have never once suggested it should all be blamed on the fans.

But to suggest that someone else's culpability takes away ANY of theirs is absurd. Were there fans trying to force entry? Of course there were. Would we have had the same? Quite possibly, though it is hypothetical.

Just because something isn't ALL someone's fault, or even MOSTLY someone's fault, it doesn't mean NO responsibility should be accepted. To deny that and frame in in emotional wrapping about kids hand in hand is what seems disrespectful to me.

We have always shown our support, as a club and as a fanbase, and weren't there. Many of those who are now 'weaponising' the disaster seem to care about nothing so much as insisting their unnaturally spotless behaviour, far more than the victims and families. They are the ones disrespecting the spirit of that mural, not us, not the original poster, and not me.

Give that a little think. Most of us live in a world in which everything has shades of grey. Some do not. 

We are not, nor have ever been, 'on their level'. And hopefully, never will.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Everton Twitter seems to be awash with conspiracy theories the last couple of days.

Goals change games so if it was a bad decision, you get up and go again. I remember back in 2008 Gerrard free-kick goal was wrongly ruled out for offside against Stoke. We don't seem to go on about it years later.

4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

So, instead of owning the reference to Hillsborough and recognising what they are becoming, Pilks doubles down and accused us of weaponising Hillsborough. This is what they are. This is what they have become through years of self-inflicted mediocrity - twisted and small.

Something we can all agree with at least.

1 minute ago, WhiskeyJar said:

Goals change games so if it was a bad decision, you get up and go again. I remember back in 2008 Gerrard free-kick goal was wrongly ruled out for offside against Stoke. We don't seem to go on about it years later.

FFS, after years of therapy I'd just about gotten over that nightmare and you have to drag it back up. Not sure I can go on now.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Haha, it's always amazing how the smallest thing- losing a game, having a goal disallowed, not getting the draw or fixture list they want etc etc- fucks them up for years, decades even. I guess they're just a lot more sensitive than every other club that has to put up with the same knockbacks and miraculously manages to just get on with things without endlessly dwelling on them.

Skip the first 15 minutes, Kilbane starts of with a conspiracy theory that they got Villarreal because UEFA didn't want 5 English sides in the CL. Everton gold from there on in.

15 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Biggest crying cunts ever. They love a good fucking moan.

What a set of fannies.

As derbies go, it was one of the more meaningless, end of season affair, in a season where neither side had anything to play for.

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

What a set of fannies.

As derbies go, it was one of the more meaningless, end of season affair, in a season where neither side had anything to play for.

But it stopped them climbing from 11th to 12th or something and if they had finished 11th they would have won the league the year after or something.

10 minutes ago, No2 said:

Skip the first 15 minutes, Kilbane starts of with a conspiracy theory that they got Villarreal because UEFA didn't want 5 English sides in the CL. Everton gold from there on in.

Jesus. They shouldn't even have been in the CL anyway, and wouldn't have been if the FA had shown some balls.

They lost both legs 2-1 but they always split hairs and say an incident changed the course of their destiny forever. At best they would have had extra time.

Plus given their poor league form (losing 12 out of 19) how would a couple of beatings from top sides and trips to Turkey or Russia in the group stage affected them?. Probably would have destroyed their confidence up until at least mid December. By then they could have been bottom of the league, had fatigue and injuries from travelling and more games.  They offer no insight into how they got twatted 5-1 by a team in an inferior league in the second tier european competition, only that it was all down to a goal being disallowed. If we had come out with something similar they would be buzzing off us.

They also moan about having to play Villareal yet Everton had no recent European pedigree. Liverpool had to qualify as holders with six extra games starting in July, so did that affect us?

Everton logic just seems to be:

Pick a random game where a decision went against you.

Everything from this decision affects the entire destiny of the club. Look at this destiny through your own agenda and fantasise about Everton winning loads of trophies because no other scenario is possible.

Everton play shite and continually buy bad players but it's all down to the fact that the club never recovered from the bad decision that you have plucked out to suit your own agenda. There's no flip side to the coin or objectivity, only the belief that Everton would have become successful, no one can convince you otherwise.

Act like you are the only club in the universe to be fucked over by bad refereeing.

Ignore any refereeing decisions that have ever gone in your favour because it doesn't t fit the agenda. 

Look at how the redshite have benefited from some refereeing decisions and conclude that they have everyone on the payroll, whilst ignoring any decisions that have ever gone against them which actually cost them trophies, not a little cup run or a meaningless derby at the end of the season.

Come up with baseless theories about how everyone in power wants to keep Everton as a mid table club and offer no plausible reason why everyone has been desperate for this to happen for the last 35 years. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Pilks

Player Valuation: £1.5m
I cant abide them but I guess if this type of stuff is allowed round these parts then we can remove the mural of the young everton girl and the young liverpool lad with 96 on it just off east prescot road , page moss way.

Shouts like that bring us down to their level. I'm pretty disgusted to be honest.
I'm going to be absolutely honest now, so please forgive me.

With the greatest of respect, this is utter rubbish. Why should this comment ('bunk in every game in history bar one') invalidate the support shown by our club, and the respect we have always shown to the victims?

We have never once even suggested the culpability of the police and other parties in the disaster. We have never once suggested it should all be blamed on the fans.

But to suggest that someone else's culpability takes away ANY of theirs is absurd. Were there fans trying to force entry? Of course there were. Would we have had the same? Quite possibly, though it is hypothetical.

Just because something isn't ALL someone's fault, or even MOSTLY someone's fault, it doesn't mean NO responsibility should be accepted. To deny that and frame in in emotional wrapping about kids hand in hand is what seems disrespectful to me.

We have always shown our support, as a club and as a fanbase, and weren't there. Many of those who are now 'weaponising' the disaster seem to care about nothing so much as insisting their unnaturally spotless behaviour, far more than the victims and families. They are the ones disrespecting the spirit of that mural, not us, not the original poster, and not me.

Give that a little think. Most of us live in a world in which everything has shades of grey. Some do not. 

"We have never once suggested it should all be blamed on the fans." No, you never did that, did you? You blame the fans every fucking chance you get. What. A. Cunt.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

"We have never once suggested it should all be blamed on the fans." No, you never did that, did you? You blame the fans every fucking chance you get. What. A. Cunt.

That is some heinous weirdo bollocks that. I fucking hope to shit they go down and go bust in the process.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Jesus. They shouldn't even have been in the CL anyway, and wouldn't have been if the FA had shown some balls.

Exactly. The FA had already set out what would happen in a similar potential scenario between Utd and Arsenal the previous year, and only took it down off their website once Moyes started cryarsing because the 4th spot would come to us. Blood on the streets and all that. Class & Dignity FC.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Exactly. The FA had already set out what would happen in a similar potential scenario between Utd and Arsenal the previous year, and only took it down off their website once Moyes started cryarsing because the 4th spot would come to us. Blood on the streets and all that. Class & Dignity FC.

Typical of the Premier League darlings to get favourable treatment.

C. Ronaldo: “Anfield is the most intimidating Premier League stadium I have ever visited”

Gigi Buffon: “Anfield has the best atmosphere I have ever experienced”

John Terry: “I have never experienced anything like it before and I don’t think I ever will again. It is the best atmosphere I’ve ever played in”

Damien Duff: “If I lived another 100 years I don’t think I’ll ever taste an atmosphere like it, nothing will ever touch that night”

P. Guardiola: “There’s something about it that you will find in no other stadium in the world”

Thierry Henry: “It’s the atmosphere I love. It’s unbelievable. I’ve played in a lot of stadiums but for me there is nothing like Liverpool”

C. Ancelotti: “It’s a fantastic stadium. One of the best in the world. Everyone knows about the passion of the fans”

G. Neville: “Man Utd vs Liverpool atmosphere is better at Anfield than Old Trafford”

A. Shearer: “I don’t think I’ll ever experience an atmosphere like this again. The atmosphere was just something that took my breath away”

M. Arteta: “Anfield was the only Premier League ground where I felt stuck”

Raul : “It’s so different. The atmosphere is incredible”

F. Capello:  “The fantastic atmosphere at Anfield was like an electric shock for Liverpool’s players. They seemed unstoppable”

M. Almunia: “For me, Anfield’s atmosphere is the best in the world”

Billy from Kirkdale "Fucking shite lad, wools on iPads, none of them even go the game, get down to Goodison for a proper atmosphere, you'll never hear nothing like Z Cars and an air raid siren from WW2"

• Upvote 18