You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

14 hours ago, Anubis said:

Amusing post of the day. Made me smile.

JelavicBrate2

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Tesco Meal Deal vs Kobe Beef Steak

it is a close run thing but the Tesco Meal Deal slightly edges it, due to its composure and leadership.

I think it just shows people how poor modern football is when somebody like Henderson is considered a quality player. The idea that Henderson can be compared to players like Gerrard, Alonso, Essien, Toure, Viera, Scholes, Carrick is just ridiculous. The same applies to James Milner a player who wasn't even that good in his prime, yet has somehow as he's got older turned into a allegedly world class player. Also is Mane better than Henry was in his prime? No. Is Firmino better than Rooney, Aguero, or Bergkamp were? No. Is Salah better than Ronaldo in his prime or even now? No. The only player in their team that is actually world class is VVD, all the others are pretty average.

Henderson has played for us for 9 years and has never lost a derby.

• Upvote 5

JelavicBrate2

it is a close run thing but the Tesco Meal Deal slightly edges it, due to its composure and leadership.

I think it just shows people how poor modern football is when somebody like Henderson is considered a quality player. The idea that Henderson can be compared to players like Gerrard, Alonso, Essien, Toure, Viera, Scholes, Carrick is just ridiculous. The same applies to James Milner a player who wasn't even that good in his prime, yet has somehow as he's got older turned into a allegedly world class player. Also is Mane better than Henry was in his prime? No. Is Firmino better than Rooney, Aguero, or Bergkamp were? No. Is Salah better than Ronaldo in his prime or even now? No. The only player in their team that is actually world class is VVD, all the others are pretty average.

Sounds good to me - they’re saying that our players are largely a solid 6 or 7/10 standard. That’s their opinion and these things are always subjective.

Of course, we’ve won literally everything with these moderate players*, and whatever they’d like to believe there’s been no mad doping or match-fixing. Which can only mean they believe Klopp is an 11/10 manager. Thanks guys, we don’t really respect your opinion but a compliment is always appreciated. 

*My only three regrets from this season are that we didn’t also win the FA Cup and League Cup, and then bow out of the Champions League at the group stage so that we could win the Europa League too. If we’d done that then (for a week or so) we could have been reigning league, FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League and Europa League champs. But you can’t have everything I suppose...

• Upvote 2

JelavicBrate2

Ignoring Carrick (as is best) and setting aside this wallopper's obsession with us, somebody started a thread on here a while back on this very subject - that about 15 years ago all the top teams had dominant, imperious CMs, but they seem to be less prominent in the modern game.

Obviously, a Bloo notices this trend and decides that it's all about us.

14 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Laughable comment there about the CEO being a Liverpool fan. My Mrs knows her sister and the entire family are die hard Everton fans. 

Even when they are completely shite it's always a conspiracy about Liverpool. 

Who was that owner who nearly took them down in the late 90’s? Wasn’t he a Liverpool fan or was that an urban myth. 

1 hour ago, Ron B said:

Sounds good to me - they’re saying that our players are largely a solid 6 or 7/10 standard. That’s their opinion and these things are always subjective.

Yes, it’s nothing short of a miracle all we’ve achieved given how bang average we are.

There lack of self awareness is funny. If we’re so average how come they’ve not beaten us in 10 years - and even that was with Hodgepodge in charge so should have an asterisk next to it. 

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Who was that owner who nearly took them down in the late 90’s? Wasn’t he a Liverpool fan or was that an urban myth. 

Peter Johnson, he was a Liverpool fan and had owned Tranmere before them. He pissed away half his fortune on Everton but because he was a Liverpool fan they all hated him, well that and hiring Mike Walker.

12 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

And he was fucking class. 

And still is! On the Henderson thing I wasn't a fan but the way he's stepped up as a player and captain in the past three years or so, you can't argue he's class! Since Fabinho has come in to the team and allowed Henderson to play his own game the improvement is immeasurable!

As for Milner, I didn't understand us signing him, but his value as a player and a man is unbelievable! A cool calm head, a great professional, and a very good player! I don't think you understand these players until they play for your team! A modern day Gary Mac!

6 hours ago, Ron B said:

Of course, we’ve won literally everything with these moderate players*, and whatever they’d like to believe there’s been no mad doping or match-fixing. Which can only mean they believe Klopp is an 11/10 manager. Thanks guys, we don’t really respect your opinion but a compliment is always appreciated. 

*My only three regrets from this season are that we didn’t also win the FA Cup and League Cup, and then bow out of the Champions League at the group stage so that we could win the Europa League too. If we’d done that then (for a week or so) we could have been reigning league, FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League and Europa League champs. But you can’t have everything I suppose...

and world, let's not (let them) forget that. We're world champions.

10 hours ago, Anubis said:

Probably bought into Bill’s bullshit. Never traded in Curly Wurlies before, Don Carlo?

screenshot_20200823_102333-jpg.98254

This is definitely real. Ancelotti would have only come with promises they will spend a lot and build a team in his image. He's not there to waste his time with the Tom Davies' of the world. And as of yet this summer, they haven't done anything. 

Just went on their Transfermarkt page and saw they sold Tyias Browning to Guangzhou Evergrande last year for 5m and he now goes by the name of Jiang Guangtai. What the fuck is that about? One of the weirder transfers. 

Edit: Just read he has a Chinese grandfather. The more you know. 

20 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They've been on the verge of signing Allan from Napoli for about 2 weeks now.

By the sound of it there is genuine interest from Everton and Allan. The sticking point appears to be Napoli wanting actual money for him.