You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The current World, European and English champions are "all crapping in their skids and rattled beyond belief" because the little club across the park who haven't won a thing in 25 years have moved a cone down the docks. I hope they get their new ground so we can all laugh after exactly 6 months of playing it when they realise that it hasn't made the the world beaters they think it will. 

tommytowne

Player Valuation: £40m
The only reason we got BM off Liverpool Waters was to bookend the whole development.

A stadium (and add ons) will hopefully build confidence in the overall project and it will fill up from both ends.
That has been the basis from day one. Evertonians know that. Kopites don't because right from the start they thought it was pie in the sky thinking.
Now we're potentially weeks from being granted planning permission, they're all crapping in their skids and are rattled beyond belief.

•  

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

The current World, European and English champions are "all crapping in their skids and rattled beyond belief" because the little club across the park who haven't won a thing in 25 years have moved a cone down the docks. I hope they get their new ground so we can all laugh after exactly 6 months of playing it when they realise that it hasn't made the the world beaters they think it will. 

tommytowne

The only reason we got BM off Liverpool Waters was to bookend the whole development.

A stadium (and add ons) will hopefully build confidence in the overall project and it will fill up from both ends.
That has been the basis from day one. Evertonians know that. Kopites don't because right from the start they thought it was pie in the sky thinking.
Now we're potentially weeks from being granted planning permission, they're all crapping in their skids and are rattled beyond belief.

•  

So does all of our involuntary defecation replace the outbreak of falling heads, or are we supposed to be losing both our bonces and our bowels?

I cant wait for the Everton board to come out with.

Due to economic uncertainty 

The current climate 

No solid date for fans to return to games

No vaccine 

Second and third waves 

They cannot go ahead with the planned stadium build and revisit it in the future when things start to return to normal. 

Let's see who's heads fall off then. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

tommytowne

•  

What whole development?. Peel have done absolutely fuck all with Liverpool waters since they announced it in 2005. It was a thirty year plan which they are now halfway through. 

In that time only two developments have sprung up in Princes Dock which haven't been as a result of their involvement. The Titanic hotel is a private company and the apartments in the Tobacco warehouse have moved along slower than a glacier. There's still tons of empty or decaying warehouses around there that could be flattened and replaced if there was any investment forthcoming. 

They released plans in 2005 that looked like downtown LA with tall 60/70 storey skyscrapers but no details of what would be in them or how they would be funded. Every couple of years Peel release images of LW but always a scaled down version. Last time I saw it the 60 storey skyscrapers were replaced with stumpy 10 floor blocks. In a few years the images will resemble Brookside close. 

There is the IOM ferry terminal but again Peel have had no involvement in that as the majority of the funding was secured from Liverpool council and the IOM authorities to boost economic links.

Peel are probably made up Everton want to build a stadium there as they will have even less to do and can blame Everton for holding up their masterplan. Peel also own Liverpool airport and invest virtually fuck all into it apart from the absolute bare minimum. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

What whole development?. Peel have done absolutely fuck all with Liverpool waters since they announced it in 2005. It was a thirty year plan which they are now halfway through. 

In that time only two developments have sprung up in Princes Dock which haven't been as a result of their involvement. The Titanic hotel is a private company and the apartments in the Tobacco warehouse have moved along slower than a glacier. There's still tons of empty or decaying warehouses around there that could be flattened and replaced if there was any investment forthcoming. 

They released plans in 2005 that looked like downtown LA with tall 60/70 storey skyscrapers but no details of what would be in them or how they would be funded. Every couple of years Peel release images of LW but always a scaled down version. Last time I saw it the 60 storey skyscrapers were replaced with stumpy 10 floor blocks. In a few years the images will resemble Brookside close. 

There is the IOM ferry terminal but again Peel have had no involvement in that as the majority of the funding was secured from Liverpool council and the IOM authorities to boost economic links.

Peel are probably made up Everton want to build a stadium there as they will have even less to do and can blame Everton for holding up their masterplan. Peel also own Liverpool airport and invest virtually fuck all into it apart from the absolute bare minimum. 

In terms of the airport I think they invested in Anderson’s wallet so he would fine people for having the temerity to stop on a practically dead, open stretch of road with zero casualties on to let people out of their car.

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

I cant wait for the Everton board to come out with.

Due to economic uncertainty 

The current climate 

No solid date for fans to return to games

No vaccine 

Second and third waves 

They cannot go ahead with the planned stadium build and revisit it in the future when things start to return to normal. 

Let's see who's heads fall off then. 

Of course to the fans, we are the reason behind all that.

Due to economic uncertainty - der redshite have killed off investment in the city by letting the streets around their shithole fall into ruin. They caused the downfall of Carillion because they refused to pay for any work done

The current climate - der redshite caused the spread of Covid-19 by playing a match

No solid date for fans to return to games - der redshite couldn't behave themselves after being gifted the league, so all get-togethers have had to be scrapped

No vaccine - labs around the world are struggling because they are too busy making PEDs for der redshite

Second and third waves - I saw two redshite walking into a shop without masks, and I swear one of them coughed on a little old lady, and they never washed their hands before touching everything

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Due to economic uncertainty - der redshite have killed off investment in the city by letting the streets around their shithole fall into ruin. They caused the downfall of Carillion because they refused to pay for any work done

The current climate - der redshite caused the spread of Covid-19 by playing a match

No solid date for fans to return to games - der redshite couldn't behave themselves after being gifted the league, so all get-togethers have had to be scrapped

No vaccine - labs around the world are struggling because they are too busy making PEDs for der redshite

Second and third waves - I saw two redshite walking into a shop without masks, and I swear one of them coughed on a little old lady, and they never washed their hands before touching everything

Superb

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

tommytowne

•  

Have you ever seen Dirty Rotten Scoundrels? I've come to the conclusion that that site is a giant online version of the movie. Replace the scamming with wumming and multiply the 2 fraudsters by one hundred and you have GOT. I'm convinced it's chock a block with reds on the wind up. Each one trying to out of the other with outlandish tales. It can't be real. Of course you will get the odd looper but no one will convince me that many people think the world champions actually give a fuck about a Dan Meis picture.

24 minutes ago, deiseach said:

What a ridiculous thing to say. Doesn't he know Everton deserved all those European Cups, along with 30 more?

They maybe have a point with that Inter one (Pique had a late goal dubiously disallowed) but the other 3 are nonsense. 

Chelsea won both games - the 2nd leg they did so with 10 men, so fair play. 

They shit the bed completely against us and Roma. I can’t comment on the Roma game at home but it’s fair to say that 3-0 flattered them massively against us. 

41 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Oh it will absolutely be our fault. 

Can someone explain to me why they assume that we would even care about their stadium?

I mean, setting aside all the uncertainty and delays in the supposed any-day-now construction, even if it were completed right now and they were entering into the 2020-21 season with the new BMD stadium, would anyone care?

Sure, it'd be nice for them, get a bit more revenue from the 13,000 extra seats and improved luxury boxes and what have you, but it's not a game-changer financially like they pretend it is. When we opened the new Main Stand our matchday revenues went up by £11m. £11m! So even if they get an extra £15m or whatever, how's that supposed to help them span the gulf between the sides? They'll just spend it on giving some aging, overrated Barca reject (Rakitic? Vidal?) a £250k/week contract and crow about "heads falling off" and then realise their mistake when the season starts.

At best, the BMD stadium puts them on a financial level with Wolves and Leicester. So, like, hurrah?

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Can someone explain to me why they assume that we would even care about their stadium?

I mean, setting aside all the uncertainty and delays in the supposed any-day-now construction, even if it were completed right now and they were entering into the 2020-21 season with the new BMD stadium, would anyone care?

Sure, it'd be nice for them, get a bit more revenue from the 13,000 extra seats and improved luxury boxes and what have you, but it's not a game-changer financially like they pretend it is. When we opened the new Main Stand our matchday revenues went up by £11m. £11m! So even if they get an extra £15m or whatever, how's that supposed to help them span the gulf between the sides? They'll just spend it on giving some aging, overrated Barca reject (Rakitic? Vidal?) a £250k/week contract and crow about "heads falling off" and then realise their mistake when the season starts.

At best, the BMD stadium puts them on a financial level with Wolves and Leicester. So, like, hurrah?

The main stand increased revenue by £20m but we now get £89m and they were on £14m. I was shocked that the whole ground only generated that much when I went there as I thought the £14m was just for the executive boxes. So even if they do get an extra £20m they dont make much of a dent into the gap between us but then this will be offset by the repayments. 

The thing with Leicester is that their ground was quite cheap when they built it and Wolves have done theirs in stages so they will be better off financially than Everton who will have a debt of £550m to pay off at inflated interest rates over 30-40 years.

I dont know why they just dont develop the park end and buy up a few houses and the school behind the Bullens road. But then that would be too sensible and they wouldn't have the moral high ground over us.