Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1928 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

55 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Download it then just add it to WhatsApp 

Bill gates over here. Wont work for me John. You do it and send it me then smart arse 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Bill gates over here. Wont work for me John. You do it and send it me then smart arse 

Want me to fax you some instructions?

• Upvote 4

On 09/07/2020 at 12:27, Doctor Troy said:

Definitely boiling a lot of piss.

OK. So in our city's cultural profile, where do Everton figure? Realistically.  I'd say that in a Scouser's view of our cultural profile they would be reasonably prominent - not Beatles, but certainly Icicle Works - but for an outsider? As part of our international cultural profile? They probably figure lower than some cold, stone buildings.  And that's fuck all to do with murals and everything to do with their decades of mediocrity. They have become a nonentity.  A shrug.  A gnat.

They have erased themselves from our city's cultural profile. 

8 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

OK. So in our city's cultural profile, where do Everton figure? Realistically.  I'd say that in a Scouser's view of our cultural profile they would be reasonably prominent - not Beatles, but certainly Icicle Works - but for an outsider? As part of our international cultural profile? They probably figure lower than some cold, stone buildings.  And that's fuck all to do with murals and everything to do with their decades of mediocrity. They have become a nonentity.  A shrug.  A gnat.

They have erased themselves from our city's cultural profile. 

Nil Said So Nisi Bottom Line.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Code said:

How do you burn a statue? Is it made of wood like their stadium?

Scorch marks, quite easy to get rid of if you have metal polish, unfortunately the cleaner in charge of the trophy room only has to hoover so they had none

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Talismanic said:

Scorch marks, quite easy to get rid of if you have metal polish, unfortunately the cleaner in charge of the trophy room only has to hoover so they had none

There's also the feather duster for cleaning the cuckoo clock.

So now that Man City are likely to get off with cheating FFP and it not being of any relevance any more are we going to see Usmanov ride into town wmand spend billions on their team?

The concern is with FFP being meaningless is FSG won't be able to keep the club competitive. Prices and wages will skyrocket when you have oil states who run clubs as personal playthings and money is no object.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The concern is with FFP being meaningless is FSG won't be able to keep the club competitive. Prices and wages will skyrocket when you have oil states who run clubs as personal playthings and money is no object.

Yep. Also the Mancs will just keep buying players and putting the debt on the club.

Saw this on FB and thought it was spot on.

As I was watching Spurs v Everton last night a thought struck me… what is the point of Everton?

Everton have been ever present in the Premier League and in that time (28 seasons and counting) they have never finished in the top 3 (and obviously never in the bottom 3). 28 seasons of never competing for the title and never being relegated. In that time Norwich, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Blackburn, Newcastle and Leicester have all finished in the top 3 but not Everton. They have reached 1 FA Cup final in the last 25 years and haven’t reached the League Cup final since the 1980s. Everton have never actually won the League Cup which puts them in the shadow of such luminaries as Oxford United, Stoke, Swansea, QPR, Swindon, Luton, Birmingham and West Brom.

Since the start of the Premier League both Middlesbrough and Fulham have reached European finals but Everton haven’t. Coventry City, Blackburn, Newcastle and Sunderland have all had a Premier League top scorer but Everton haven’t. They haven’t had a Player of the Year since the mid-1980s and have never had a Young Player of the Year.

The sun rises and sets, players come and go, presidents are impeached and pandemics threaten our existence but through it all Everton finish mid-table. Always and forever mid-table. I mean, seriously, what is the point of Everton?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

I had a look round on GOT last night, for the first time in a good while and it would appear that it's finally dawned on them that Gomes isn't actually "best midfielder on Merseyside/in the weeerld lad" but is, in reality a show pony that does little to influence a game.

They got massively carried away, as always but aren't blessed with the self awareness to prevent them doing the exact same thing in the future.

So your saying their " feeder " club Barcelona have rinsed them for 22.5 million for someone who's not very good at this football thingy .

Who would have thought it 

Lapeno77

Lapeno77

Player Valuation: £1m
There is a frightening lack of desire in this squad, coupled with the limited talent makes a recipe fir disaster.
We need City to win their case this week so FFP gets binned off. This squad needs massive investment

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:
Lapeno77

Lapeno77

There is a frightening lack of desire in this squad, coupled with the limited talent makes a recipe fir disaster.
We need City to win their case this week so FFP gets binned off. This squad needs massive investment

Are they expecting Uncle Uzzy to ride to their rescue on his white charger with unlimited transfer funds then 

Absolutely fucking deluded fanbase  to a man 

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:
Lapeno77

Lapeno77

So much self-awareness in them. Can’t wait for Ancelotti to fuck these off 

Just now, Tj hooker said:

Are they expecting Uncle Uzzy to ride to their rescue on his white charger with unlimited transfer funds then 

Absolutely fucking deluded fanbase  to a man 

Fella on Twitter the other day genuinely saying Messi could be a possibility because he has never worked under Ancelotti. I’ve tried to find the tweet since but it’s gone. Hopefully because a few blues told him to pack it in. I doubt it though. 

• Upvote 1