You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I think there needs to be a clear line drawn between two aspects of this. 

Firstly, condemnation of the small proportion of our fan base who've acted like idiots. With no caveats like "they're not proper Reds, them" or stuff like that. 

But, secondly, the bullshit needs to be clarified too. The Liver Buildings weren't "set on fire." Just like if somebody fires a firework at my house and if a hanging basket catches fire because of a firework deflecting into it. That doesn't constitute my house bring set on fire anymore than a bit of AstroTurf on a balcony catching alight constitutes" the Liver Buildings were set on fire." 

Condemn away, but don't buy the typical bluenose trait of over dramatising stuff. Like whenever we play an Italian team, when minor scuffles are portrayed by the bloooooos as people getting stabbed left, right and centre, Kopites seen with rocket launchers etc, etc. 

Yep, a few idiots in a gathering of a few thousand, that would have been far, far bigger if it hadn't been for lockdown. There would have been hundreds of thousands in town this week, if it wasn't for that. Over 750k for the bus parade probably. 

Same for the 'no pyro' lot to be fair, most will hold them while they burn down before finding somewhere decent to chuck them while they burn out. Very few will throw them into the crowd indiscriminately, but they do exist sadly. Same as the bus welcomes, one or two morons chuck a tin and we're all to blame.

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

We can’t tar all Evertonians as bitter and twisted nobheads  whilst pointing out that it’s a minority of Liverpool fans who are acting like dicks. The truth is ALL teams have an element of complete utter wankers in their fan base, we just happen to have a much larger profile on us than them.

I imagine Leeds will be similar when they clinch promotion and if City win the champions league they’ll be the same. The fact it’s all come to a head at the end of mentally draining unprecedented lockdown is just the catalyst these cunts need to do what they want.

Why would I?

58 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Surely the pier head thing is mainly people heading to the waterside on a hot, summer day - like most of the country - but considering it's the day after the win, groups combine, singing songs and celebrating, it grows and eventually gets out of hand. Should have been broken up into smaller groupings much earlier.

It wasn't an organised thing, as it's generally been described. Just these elements combining.

Im sorry but that’s just not true. It was people organising through text messages between mates and keeping it of social media deliberately so as to try and avoid police intervention. We had an office opening event yesterday afternoon and most of the people were aware of it from texts through mates and we had employees teenagers there who were all going down. The message was keep it off social media and just by text only and get down there for 6pm. The police should have known about it though. I doubt they wouldn’t have got any intelligence. And if they didn’t, they really should have.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Im sorry but that’s just not true. It was people organising through text messages between mates and keeping it of social media deliberately so as to try and avoid police intervention. We had an office opening event yesterday afternoon and most of the people were aware of it from texts through mates and we had employees teenagers there who were all going down. The message was keep it off social media and just by text only and get down there for 6pm. The police should have known about it though. I doubt they wouldn’t have got any intelligence. And if they didn’t, they really should have.

Fair enough, good to know. It was speculation, hence the 'surely', although slipped into statement in my second para.

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Fair enough, good to know. It was speculation, hence the 'surely', although slipped into statement in my second para.

Just to clarify I wasn’t having a go, Pidge. Apologies if it came off like that.

The Mayor has just been on LBC radio saying it shames Liverpool Football Club and shames our city. The truth is Everton fans aren’t ashamed, they’re happy about it. They pray for this sort of thing to happen. Anyway, it’s not Liverpool Football Club’s problem it’s society’s problem.

1 minute ago, kemskem said:

The Mayor has just been on LBC radio saying it shames Liverpool Football Club and shames our city. The truth is Everton fans aren’t ashamed, they’re happy about it. They pray for this sort of thing to happen. Anyway, it’s not Liverpool Football Club’s problem it’s society’s problem.

Well that cunt has just shamed our city by not saying "It was a small minority of trying to spoil it for the majority who were in good spirits at a momentous time for the city as a whole" which is exactly what it is the fucking helmet 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kemskem said:

I'm not ashamed by it. I'm disappointed it happened. But, I reserve shame for things I do myself or things done by people whose behaviour I can influence. I don't buy into this collective blame/shame just because an idiot who supports the same team that I do has behaved like a clown. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm not ashamed by it. I'm disappointed it happened. But, I reserve shame for things I do myself or things done by people whose behaviour I can influence. I don't buy into this collective blame/shame just because an idiot who supports the same team that I do has behaved like a clown. 

Spot on mate

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Seen a lot of photos taken by outraged people outside Anfield and the Pier Head.

Why were they there?

There's a video from a blue on Twitter. Filming all the rubbish down the Pier Head. It was posted at 7 o'clock this morning. You can just imagine him setting his alarm for 6 in the morning so he can get down there before the clean up. 

Sad fucker. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

There's a video from a blue on Twitter. Filming all the rubbish down the Pier Head. It was posted at 7 o'clock this morning. You can just imagine him setting his alarm for 6 in the morning so he can get down there before the clean up. 

Sad fucker. 

Outrage O’clock

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Sad fucker. 

Real life 40 year old virgin 

23 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Well that cunt has just shamed our city by not saying "It was a small minority of trying to spoil it for the majority who were in good spirits at a momentous time for the city as a whole" which is exactly what it is the fucking helmet 

He said it was a minority of people but said it’s the same when we go abroad. I think he was speaking more as an Everton fan than as Mayor...