You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Some people just behave like shite when the chance arises and unfortunately it just proves Anderson was right by the scenes down at the Pier Head

As for the dignity and class club, deep down they're made up this has happened just like when "SIX TIMES" was painted on the Prince Rupert Tower it gave them a chance to get on their high horse and try and create a Twitter pile on as with this and create a narrative regarding ALL Liverpool fans thus they can blank out the title success 

Did i say Dignity and Class

We can’t tar all Evertonians as bitter and twisted nobheads  whilst pointing out that it’s a minority of Liverpool fans who are acting like dicks. The truth is ALL teams have an element of complete utter wankers in their fan base, we just happen to have a much larger profile on us than them.

I imagine Leeds will be similar when they clinch promotion and if City win the champions league they’ll be the same. The fact it’s all come to a head at the end of mentally draining unprecedented lockdown is just the catalyst these cunts need to do what they want.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

We can’t tar all Evertonians as bitter and twisted nobheads  whilst pointing out that it’s a minority of Liverpool fans who are acting like dicks. The truth is ALL teams have an element of complete utter wankers in their fan base, we just happen to have a much larger profile on us than them.

I imagine Leeds will be similar when they clinch promotion and if City win the champions league they’ll be the same. The fact it’s all come to a head at the end of mentally draining unprecedented lockdown is just the catalyst these cunts need to do what they want.

If I gave you ONS stats that showed in the winter of 2017 / 18 there were over 50,000 excess deaths in England and Wales due to ineffective influenza vaccines, would you call our fans 'cunts' for going to football matches at Anfield?

There's tits who follow every club including Everton. If they think for one second the shoe was on the other foot they would act differently they are more deluded about that than they are their football team. 

The idea of Goody two shoes Everton is laughable. Not a single Evertonian has been in trouble with the law or even broken one, they're a separate species holiness and goodness. I'm not justifying the behaviour of those Liverpool fans either just fucking bored of Evertons constant faux outrage which is born of snideness not morality. A bitter place indeed.

I don't know why I comment because some of my favourite people are evertonians by reacting to their internet nob heads I tar them with the same brush they tar all us with. I hate this thread why do I keep opening it.

22 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

The Everton headquarters? No it's not, it's an office block which - amongst loads of businesses - is where Everton are. This whole 'the Liver Building is Everton property' is bollocks.

Fucking hell though they weren't fireworks being fired they were missiles. 

Just a bunch of 25 year old coked up fellas in Under Armour clobber and Gucci flip flops thinking they're creating some iconic moment but in the end just looking like cunts.

What I'm endlessly pissed off about is the way people feel happy to tar a fanbase based purely on the actions of others purely because they too claim to be fans. "That's what they're like", "they set the city's reputation back years". How did I? I was in bed.

Most of the people criticizing would have piled on anyway. They slag you off when you win, slag you off when you lose, slag you off when you commemorate Hillsborough, slag you off when Heysal is commemorated. Joe Anderson loves it too, he's the most brazenly partisan civic leader I can think of when it comes to footy. He's also single handedly turned the city into a stag and hen do paradise because he has neither the imagination nor the brains to do anything else to bring money in. Town's been going down the nick for years, you see behaviour every bit as bad in town week in and week out (all be it on a smaller scale) and it's largely his council's fault.

I'll condemn shitbag elements of the crowd who caused trouble, but it's in no way representative of Liverpool fans. Anyone who says it is betrays the fact they're shithouses waiting for a pile on. You can't win with these people, any potential even minor step out of line in the future and you're attacked. Prejudice pure and simple. Fuck'em.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

What I'm endlessly pissed off about is the way people feel happy to tar a fanbase based purely on the actions of others purely because they too claim to be fans. "That's what they're like", "they set the city's reputation back years". How did I? I was in bed.

Most of the people criticizing would have piled on anyway. They slag you off when you win, slag you off when you lose, slag you off when you commemorate Hillsborough, slag you off when Heysal is commemorated. Joe Anderson loves it too, he's the most brazenly partisan civic leader I can think of when it comes to footy. He's also single handedly turned the city into a stag and hen do paradise because he has neither the imagination nor the brains to do anything else to bring money in. Town's been going down the nick for years, you see behaviour every bit as bad in town week in and week out (all be it on a smaller scale) and it's largely his council's fault.

I'll condemn shitbag elements of the crowd who caused trouble, but it's in no way representative of Liverpool fans. Anyone who says it is betrays the fact they're shithouses waiting for a pile on. You can't win with these people, any potential even minor step out of line in the future and you're attacked. Prejudice pure and simple. Fuck'em.

Some twat blue has tweeted saying it’s on our fan base as a whole so some woman replied saying she remembers seeing an Everton fan stab a Utd fan so is that on everyone fan base as a whole? “Typical Kopite have to bring everyone else into it” 

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Some people just behave like shite when the chance arises and unfortunately it just proves Anderson was right by the scenes down at the Pier Head

As for the dignity and class club, deep down they're made up this has happened just like when "SIX TIMES" was painted on the Prince Rupert Tower it gave them a chance to get on their high horse and try and create a Twitter pile on as with this and create a narrative regarding ALL Liverpool fans thus they can blank out the title success 

Did i say Dignity and Class

Surely the pier head thing is mainly people heading to the waterside on a hot, summer day - like most of the country - but considering it's the day after the win, groups combine, singing songs and celebrating, it grows and eventually gets out of hand. Should have been broken up into smaller groupings much earlier.

It wasn't an organised thing, as it's generally been described. Just these elements combining. It doesn't excuse anything, the fireworks/flares especially have surely been brought by the 'no pyro' tribe having seen people getting together and gone down to escalate things. Probably the same pricks that thought it was hilarious to throw a smoke bomb into the home fans at Soton at the start of the season.

The events have obviously then been further catastrophised by dickheads, but that's what those fans have opened the door to. There's a large chunk of football culture (especially online) that's all about negative empathy (edit: wrong term, can't think of the word I was going for there), never happy unless they think they're making someone else unhappy, they feed off and wind each other up and it's toxic.

21 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

20200627_105712.jpg

Exactly the same will have been collected at Bournemouth by the litter pickers. This is Brighton after the Pride celebration last year:

Sea of laughing gas canisters left on beach after Brighton Pride ...

It's a national thing and has been going on for years.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What are those things I've seen them on the floor occasionally.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2019-10-21/warnings-over-dangerous-and-addictive-craze-of-laughing-gas/

Nitrous oxide gas canisters, people inhale them, usually lasts for 15 to 20 seconds. 

There's tons of them in the kids play area in the park by mine all the time.

I think there needs to be a clear line drawn between two aspects of this. 

Firstly, condemnation of the small proportion of our fan base who've acted like idiots. With no caveats like "they're not proper Reds, them" or stuff like that. 

But, secondly, the bullshit needs to be clarified too. The Liver Buildings weren't "set on fire." Just like if somebody fires a firework at my house and if a hanging basket catches fire because of a firework deflecting into it. That doesn't constitute my house bring set on fire anymore than a bit of AstroTurf on a balcony catching alight constitutes" the Liver Buildings were set on fire." 

Condemn away, but don't buy the typical bluenose trait of over dramatising stuff. Like whenever we play an Italian team, when minor scuffles are portrayed by the bloooooos as people getting stabbed left, right and centre, Kopites seen with rocket launchers etc, etc. 

• Upvote 1